Lixil

Patch Notes 1.20.0 (1167)

On 9/19/2019 at 11:23 AM, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

after they nerf ntec im gonna prepare for frenzy and manic nerfs along with obeya rifle nerf and dog ear nerf and any gun that is good nerf

what they really need to do is fix match making so that good players face good players and no one will ever need to complain about guns anymore.... because putting bad players vs veterans with years upon years of experience is why this is happening. good players dont care about ntec because to a good player its not op or broken... its just another tool to use.

7 minutes ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

agreed, look at the pointman role for example. it seems like every pointman weapon is good to use with NFAS being imbalanced and to some the OCA also. Those two are being nerfed and good it will actually even everything out.

with rifleman role all of the other assault rifles are lackluster and no reason to even use them cause it seems like they are outclassed by pointman smg's or marksman rifles. The only good assault rifles are ursus and ntec-5.

why use HAWK/Vulture when whisper or oscar is better for that range. why use far charger when it just sucks? whats left? star? frenzy (which is nice i admit)...the artemis (why use this when you can just use a better version of it... the dog ear?

Props to admitting your fault and changing your position on the matter. Shows that reason does prevail after the initial shock of change.

Edited by TheJellyGoo

9 minutes ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

why use HAWK/Vulture when whisper or oscar is better for that range

lol what?

The Raptors can min ttk (0.75) with HS3 up to 40m... and they are the only ARs that can do this.

Oscar is 0.83 ttk and only up to 35m.

11 hours ago, crusade said:

Since we're on the subject. It should probably be -10 or -15 degrees instead of setting to a specific degree, and should provide a tad extra marksman accuracy over HS3 (-0.2 on modifier vs HS3 -0.15). I think that would make it pretty competitive.

Unlikely to be possible as no weapon mod has dynamic modifiers.

7 hours ago, SkittyM said:

Unlikely to be possible as no weapon mod has dynamic modifiers.

would be cool for it to "zoom" in and out from lets say 7.5 to 15 mag

On 9/24/2019 at 4:55 AM, Solamente said:

i guess it’s nice that there’s at least one person who uses it but objectively it’s just hs3 with more downsides 

I use HMS and i really wish it worked like HS4 i've missed soo many shots i shouldn't have.

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 3:35 PM, CookiePuss said:

lol? up to 35m only? have you recently been playing it? it's clearly above 35m! even at 50m you can 3 burst kills.

Don't tell your source please, bc i think you looked up apbdb and on there, the data is not correct 

On 9/24/2019 at 8:35 AM, CookiePuss said:

lol what?

The Raptors can min ttk (0.75) with HS3 up to 40m... and they are the only ARs that can do this.

3 minutes ago, Kakalaki said:

lol? up to 35m only? have you recently been playing it? it's clearly above 35m! even at 50m you can 3 burst kills.

Don't tell your source please, bc i think you looked up apbdb and on there, the data is not correct 

4 burst kill because 2 shot bursts. And yeah, either they nerfed it while I wasn't looking or APBDB is wrong, should be 40m + 7m (everyone runs IR3 on OSCAR).

One of the main things with OSCAR vs Raptor is that the OSCAR retains mobility and awareness from hip fire. Also, I would say the OSCAR retains better accuracy as well, because of the nature of a burst fire weapon, you don't have to worry about bloom like you do on a Raptor.

On the OTHER hand, the dude that Pookie originally quoted said Whisper or OSCAR, in which case the whisper is no where near in comparison despite it's 50m drop off. But, everyone should know that by now.

On 9/23/2019 at 8:16 PM, Lord Cashpoint said:

... a gun as crucial as the N-tec for game balance needed. 100% do the other assault rifles need to be brought in line with the N-tec to make the rifleman class more varied - but the answer does not lie in making them all mediocre.

Making the rifleman class more varied while also buffing everything in it to N-Tec levels would have them take over the roles of pointman and marksman. As you correctly described the N-Tec can compete at both ends of its spectrum. If you want to take away from one end (i.e. create variety in the rifleman class) you need to buff on the other. So an assault rifle less capable of ranged combat than the N-Tec needs to be more potent in CQC. More potent? Shouldn't that be a SMG or shotgun then? But surely you want to retain some assault rifle character? So do you give it more range than an OCA, but the same TTK? Not less accuracy, though, because then it would be weaker than the N-Tec.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kakalaki said:

even at 50m you can 3 burst kills.

i think you looked up apbdb and on there, the data is not correct 

The OSCAR is 4 bursts to kill (7stk).

The data within the DB comes directly from the devs.

https://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_Rifle_Oscar

Edited by CookiePuss

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

The OSCAR is 4 bursts to kill (7stk).

The data within the DB comes directly from the devs.

https://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_Rifle_Oscar

The files, not the devs.  Also note that since the OSCAR uses curves, its damage could very well carry over past 40m will still achieving min ttk.

Edited by SkittyM

11 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

Making the rifleman class more varied while also buffing everything in it to N-Tec levels would have them take over the roles of pointman and marksman. As you correctly described the N-Tec can compete at both ends of its spectrum. If you want to take away from one end (i.e. create variety in the rifleman class) you need to buff on the other. So an assault rifle less capable of ranged combat than the N-Tec needs to be more potent in CQC. More potent? Shouldn't that be a SMG or shotgun then? But surely you want to retain some assault rifle character? So do you give it more range than an OCA, but the same TTK? Not less accuracy, though, because then it would be weaker than the N-Tec.

The N-tec competes against marksman and pointman weapon in the sense that it's not a complete roll-over against those weapons. The issue with combat in APB is that the mid range weapons are on the whole less straight-forward to use than close or longer range weapons - the N-tec almost needs to be as robust as it is to stand a chance. This is not to say it's perfectly balanced, far from it - it certainly needs the jump shooting nerf, and probably a TTK increase (although nothing like what they've done in Test District B). It's just that the other mid range weapons tend to require a lot more effort to get the same results as the N-tec and other weapons (Such as OCA or Obeya). Perhaps that's a wider balance issue.

That being said I don't know how any real balancing can take place whilst we have such unreliable hit registration in this game.

3 hours ago, Lord Cashpoint said:

That being said I don't know how any real balancing can take place whilst we have such unreliable hit registration in this game.

Finally, someone who gets it.