Lixil

Patch Notes 1.20.0 (1167)

@MattScott I must ask, who is the individual/s behind these recent changes? I feel it is no longer Beastie (what happened to them btw?). Compared to the changes we got around this time last year, these changes give off a different vibe. They've been either really bizarre cough RFP cough or are a bit heavy handed when nerfing

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

The FAR has a faster ttk, a faster reload time, and is more accurate at the cost of 24 vs 32 rounds per mag.

It also has worse max bloom, so it's not as spammable as the STAR

12 minutes ago, Nitronik said:

It also has worse max bloom, so it's not as spammable as the STAR

It has lower max bloom without hs3 than ntec with hs3

17 hours ago, SkittyM said:

Test B Min TTK is exactly 0.85.

Wow, what important information that would have been incredibly useful to know.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, crusade said:

Wow, what important information that would have been incredibly useful to know.

using incorrect information to give invalid feedback is clearly a necessary part of the balancing process - remember, numbers aren’t necessary :^)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Solamente said:

using incorrect information to give invalid feedback is clearly a necessary part of the balancing process - remember, numbers aren’t necessary :^)

I feel like we've been playing too long and we're being treated like the senile old grandpa.

On 9/20/2019 at 8:55 AM, SkittyM said:

Test B Min TTK is exactly 0.85.

I must've been timing it early then, rip. That's far too high of a ttk imo without a range increase of sorts .75 or so would be almost perfect.

I do wish they would have given actual numbers to the test, changing the ttk by .15 isn't "little" at all.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

3 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

I do wish they would have given actual numbers to the test, changing the ttk by .15 isn't "little" at all.

They won't give us numbers, because they expect us to figure it out ourselves and somehow test properly that way.

27 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

They won't give us numbers, because they expect us to figure it out ourselves and somehow test properly that way.

Dw, we will get numbers....with the next round of test changes (which by then what will be going live from the current changes is finalized)

only noobs crying about every gun.

-N-TEC is fine.

Edited by LChristy
  • Like 1

Are you going to make any changes to the Ursus, or is it going to become even more of an upgrade on the regular N-tec? The Ursus has far better tap firing capabilities than the regular N-tec, especially as the latter suffers from spongey bloom caused by frankly absurd accuracy curve mechanics.

If you implement Test District B's changes you may as well melt the N-tecs down into scrap metal, because that's all they'll be worth at that point. 0.85 TTK is insanely high for an assault rifle - especially one you've just reduced the range of, meaning you intend it to be used in close quarters combat. In fact, you may as well as scrap the Rifleman role at this point, because god forbid there's an assault rifle which is actually versatile. The fact that these changes are even being considered whilst the HVR remains at its silly damage is beyond belief.  

Test A I can somewhat understand - but reducing the range on both seems unnecessary. Jumping accuracy nerf is a fair enough change.

Edited by Lord Cashpoint
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Lord Cashpoint said:

Are you going to make any changes to the Ursus, or is it going to become even more of an upgrade on the regular N-tec?

What do you mean, even more of an upgrade?

It's already a straight downgrade. Maybe they'll be on the same level after a N-TEC 5 nerf.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GhosT said:

What do you mean, even more of an upgrade?

It's already a straight downgrade. Maybe they'll be on the same level after a N-TEC 5 nerf.

The Ursus is a laser rifle at any range and it will out tapfire ntec at any range, even full auto you will outshoot ntecs all day due to it have less bloom overall

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stargazer said:

The Ursus is a laser rifle at any range and it will out tapfire ntec at any range, even full auto you will outshoot ntecs all day due to it have less bloom overall

Ever used one?

It's generally slower and can't really be auto fired at all, also becomes a 6 shot to kill very often when fighting against CA3 users as it barely has any overdamage.

1 minute ago, GhosT said:

also becomes a 6 shot to kill very often when fighting against CA3 users as it barely has any overdamage.

wouldn't be a 6 shot if you could aim, my Ursus 5 shots pretty much all the time

• Like 2

Just now, stargazer said:

wouldn't be a 6 shot if you could aim, my Ursus 5 shots pretty much all the time

Sorry that my aim isn't good enough to penetrate walls.

A very short time behind cover and you've healed just enough HP to survive the 5th shot.

Just now, GhosT said:

A very short time behind cover and you've healed just enough HP to survive the 5th shot.

The N-TEC 5 has an over damage of 18 compared to the Ursus' 10, it's hardly a huge difference between the two.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Lord Cashpoint said:

Are you going to make any changes to the Ursus, or is it going to become even more of an upgrade on the regular N-tec? The Ursus has far better tap firing capabilities than the regular N-tec, especially as the latter suffers from spongey bloom caused by frankly absurd accuracy curve mechanics.

If you implement Test District B's changes you may as well melt the N-tecs down into scrap metal, because that's all they'll be worth at that point. 0.85 TTK is insanely high for an assault rifle - especially one you've just reduced the range of, meaning you intend it to be used in close quarters combat. In fact, you may as well as scrap the Rifleman role at this point, because god forbid there's an assault rifle which is actually versatile. The fact that these changes are even being considered whilst the HVR remains at its silly damage is beyond belief.  

Test A I can somewhat understand - but reducing the range on both seems unnecessary. Jumping accuracy nerf is a fair enough change.

you mean that the star and far aren't versatile? They are, and can compete fine against other weapons in their ranges, but the ntec downright beats them hands down.

There's a number of weapons in the rifleman role. Most of which won't or can't be used because using them severely gimps you against an ntec. They are fine to use against most other AR's, just not that one which most people use because its too versatile.

8 hours ago, GhosT said:

Sorry that my aim isn't good enough to penetrate walls.

if you get used to the recoil the ntec ursus is generally better than the normal ntec. The only thing keeping it in some check is the recoil, bloom, and akward reticule

can you guys shut up about the ursus before orbit decides to force high mag scope on it or something

2 hours ago, Solamente said:

can you guys shut up about the ursus before orbit decides to force high mag scope on it or something

Would be an interesting idea for the HVR tbh.

1 minute ago, crusade said:

Would be an interesting idea for the HVR tbh.

i disagree

we need less one-off gimmick mechanics, not more

Edited by Solamente
typo

39 minutes ago, Solamente said:

i disagree

we need less one-off gimmick mechanics, not more

Yeah you're right actually. Delete HMS tbh. 15 FoV anything has no place in this game.