Lixil

Patch Notes 1.20.0 (1167)

31 minutes ago, Flaws said:

Probably because to most players the N-TEC starts and ends with "tap fire hurr durr" which is wrong. That is the main reason you get slaughtered by high tier players who play N-TEC against you and these pointless weapon changes are the result. No offense to anyone, it's just what my years of experience are telling me.

Take it easy guy. I know what I'm talking about. it is funny when a person with many years of experience playing with whisper, talks about the balance of NTEC and OSCAR. 
hurr durr slaughtered by high tier

111.png222.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Flaws said:

Wrong.

The OSCAR is one of the easiest weapons in the game to use. It requires little to no aim skill as it is point and click, it has basically no recoil to it, there is no accuracy loss, it has incredible range once you put IR3 on it (which gives it no downside) and you never have to aim down the sights even at like 50m which gives it insane mobility. Compare all of that to the N-TEC, which has more potential at range, less potential at CQC and mid-range as you have to aim down the sights and use cover to play it efficently and it requires you to control your aim more than any other weapon in the game.

ive had poos with more insight than you mate pipe down

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Nitronik said:

The NTEC's Test B changes are nothing short of asinine.

The gun is now useless in close to mid range due to TTK and it won't have the RoF to bring something extra to the table when it comes to harassing at longer ranges.

There's no reason to pick it over, say, the AR-97 Misery or the Obeya CR-762

maybe thats the point, shhh

On 9/18/2019 at 6:50 PM, CookiePuss said:

FAR is a buffed STAR wym?

FAR is extremely similar to functionality to the star, except it has less ammo, and is a little more accurate in marksman mode. It has almost the exact bloom recovery.

18 hours ago, Hexerin said:

The CCG is incredibly inaccurate, and is basically the only remaining gun that still suffers from ghost shots. It's got no ammo supply (both in clip and reserve... only 4 mags, really?), takes eight shots to stun, and has an insanely long base reload speed. It's preset "upgrades" are actually downgrades that get exponentially worse with each tier. Literally the only thing it has going for it is the ability to both marksman and hipfire effectively.

The NL9 is incredibly accurate. Has insane ammo efficiency with a nearly endless supply (both magazine and reserve). Only takes three shots to stun, reloads per shell (this is huge). Its preset upgrades are insanely good, and get better with every tier. It not only can marksman and hipfire, it can also corner pop.

The NL9 is literally just a directly better gun on every level. The main reason it isn't universally used is because it needs to be unlocked via the Cop role, so it can easily go completely unnoticed that it's even available. It also happens to require more skill to use since you can't just spray'n'pray, so that also turns people off of it.

I've always got ghost shots and no-regs with nl9 and its stun time feels higher. CCG can cover it up better imo. The ccg upgrades are worse only in cqc. I prefer the level 2 one for hs1 and em 2 as it has a nice balance for cqc and mid range. With how much you can resupply ammo, its small ammo thing is a non-issue imo and ccg feels better in cqc to me as well.

On 9/17/2019 at 8:20 PM, Solamente said:

"we forgot" - orbit, 2019

less accuracy means more rng, might as well just delete this version now and save everyone some time

didnt even need numbers for that :^)

seems alright, is the slightly increased damage to compensate for ca3 users?

i agree with hexerin (lord save me) that stamina damage didnt really need to be touched, unless this is a change that will be happening to all grenades?

probably, however 550 has been suggested on forums for a number of years as well.

For those who havn't tested the ntec changes or wanted a little better overview. From some minor testing I have found the following along with my thoughts:

(Note that I was using my cellphone in one hand and mouse in the other to time this so there will be variance from actual statistics)

Current TTK: 0.70s

Test B TTK: .75-.78s

Burst firing:

2 shots: ~1.18s attempted best accuracy - "Realistic" best accuracy i'd estimate about 1.15-1.3

Tap firing:

~1.35 sec - Best accuracy is about the same.

If anyone has tested these values, i'll update this for a better reflection of both current and reworked variant.

===========================================================

Thoughts: I like the increased TTK as it is more balanced towards the STAR's TTK, i don't have rough values for burst firing and tap firing so i cannot compare them to current. The reduced bloom recovery does not feel bad and it still allows the gun to be accurate at range, and feels "smoother" while firing as well. I can understand why people would be upset at the change, though it feels easier to manage tap firing when done right.

Burst firing is trickier than tap firing. Bursts of two feels fine up to roughly 40m, 3 round bursts feel accurate up to about 20m, but you don't want to go further than that. The bursts however do not feel accurate against corners, so that is something to be careful about.

Full auto feels like a real no go in cqc, its likely reduce its cqc ability but i havn't played missions with it to best test how that feels with it. I cannot imagine cqc being nearly as viable as it was, but that's likely for the best.

Conclusion:

I do not have any real dislike for the changes and after testing them they seem fine as is, however I would have one suggestion as stated below. I will be honest and say that these changes I have wanted something similar to happen to the ntec to begin with so it's nice to test, so I may be more partial towards liking these changes.

Suggestion: Slightly lower the bloom gain at the 3rd and 4th, shots. I understand why the change is being done, however I feel that the bloom gain may be slightly too harsh.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

You do realise there's a thread literally dedicated for feedback to the most recent test changes?

Edited by Weeb TheEpicGuyV2

1 minute ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

You do realise there's a thread literally dedicated for feedback to the most recent test changes?

Is it the patch notes discussion one? It's been a while since i've been active on forums so I havnt been able to keep track of the changes.

Just now, Noob_Guardian said:

Is it the patch notes discussion one? It's been a while since i've been active on forums so I havnt been able to keep track of the changes.

yeah it's that one. Make sure it's the most recent one. It seems we'll be getting at least one new test change every two weeks, with a coresponding patch notes thread

2 minutes ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

yeah it's that one. Make sure it's the most recent one. It seems we'll be getting at least one new test change every two weeks, with a coresponding patch notes thread

most recent in discussion is sep 3rd unless its the one here in social district

I'll leave this here so it can be read in case the forum post disappears.

For those who havn't tested the ntec changes or wanted a little better overview. From some minor testing I have found the following along with my thoughts:

(Note that I was using my cellphone in one hand and mouse in the other to time this so there will be variance from actual statistics)

Burst firing:

2 shots: ~1.18s attempted best accuracy - "Realistic" best accuracy i'd estimate about 1.15-1.3

Tap firing:

~1.35 sec - Best accuracy is about the same.

If anyone has tested these values, i'll update this for a better reflection of both current and reworked variant.

===========================================================

Thoughts: I like the increased TTK as it is more balanced towards the STAR's TTK, i don't have rough values for burst firing and tap firing so i cannot compare them to current. The reduced bloom recovery does not feel bad and it still allows the gun to be accurate at range, and feels "smoother" while firing as well. I can understand why people would be upset at the change, though it feels easier to manage tap firing when done right.

Burst firing is trickier than tap firing. Bursts of two feels fine up to roughly 40m, 3 round bursts feel accurate up to about 20m, but you don't want to go further than that. The bursts however do not feel accurate against corners, so that is something to be careful about.

Full auto feels like a real no go in cqc, its likely reduce its cqc ability but i havn't played missions with it to best test how that feels with it. I cannot imagine cqc being nearly as viable as it was, but that's likely for the best.

Conclusion:

I do not have any real dislike for the changes and after testing them they seem fine as is, however I would have one suggestion as stated below. I will be honest and say that these changes I have wanted something similar to happen to the ntec to begin with so it's nice to test, so I may be more partial towards liking these changes.

Suggestion: Slightly lower the bloom gain at the 3rd and 4th, shots. I understand why the change is being done, however I feel that the bloom gain may be slightly too harsh.

56 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Did you do any sort of testing for these numbers btw? I was pretty sure it's about 0.85 ttk, which is ridiculous, makes it a really really bad auto Obeya CR762, they shouldn't have tried anything over the STAR's 0.75 or it's a total waste of a test

Edited by Acornie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Acornie said:

Did you do any sort of testing for these numbers btw? I was pretty sure it's about 0.85 ttk, which is ridiculous, makes it a really really bad auto Obeya CR762, they shouldn't have tried anything over the STAR's 0.75 or it's a total waste of a test

I had pressed my mouse and the timer at the same time several times (or about the same). I never got .85 or higher once on a time that i didn't feel that i knowingly messed up on and was late for. I got .78 a number of times while prepared for the 6th shot and felt i hit at the same time. I probably did it about 5 to 8 times but .78 seemed to be what i got the most. But I'm thinking it's .75, if not then it could be a little higher but i doubt it's higher than .8 if so it's worse than i thought it was and should be adjusted to .75. (imo) 

Someone at one point did a video with a timer and shots for testing on weapons before and made a collage for it. I sadly don't know how nor have the capabilities to do that and had to make do with a timer.

I will have to go back and check tomorrow, but i was confident it was ~.75-.78

The ranged ttks i think feel about average for close to mid range, and are rather accurate but it increased those ttks and feels closer to the star/far in terms of mid range ttk. (Further testing could confirm/counter this)

The Test-B NTEC is absolutely not .75 TTK. Even by ear alone it fires slower than the STAR.

I simply don't understand how you guys can think B is fine as-is considering the gun is now bad at all ranges.

• Like 1

What about u fix off-meta weapons that are outclassed or straight up bad first before doing stupid things such as nerfigbasic weapons

Look! Look at how many weapons need to be fixed there is no wonder that u think that Ntec is OP! cuz there is almost no other weapon to choose from!

CSG

M-1922

Joker SR15

AR-97

Agrotech ACES SMG

CAP40 need 3 open slots

EOL

FFA Bullshark

H-9 Curse

ISSR Artemis

NCR-762 'Anubis'

Norseman series

S1-FA

S1-TIC

SBSR rifle/sniper

SG-21 Strife

SWARM

COBR-A

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

What about u fix off-meta weapons that are outclassed or straight up bad first before doing stupid things such as nerfigbasic weapons

Look! Look at how many weapons need to be fixed there is no wonder that u think that Ntec is OP! cuz there is almost no other weapon to choose from!

CSG

M-1922

Joker SR15

AR-97

Agrotech ACES SMG

CAP40 need 3 open slots

EOL

FFA Bullshark

H-9 Curse

ISSR Artemis

NCR-762 'Anubis'

Norseman series

S1-FA

S1-TIC

SBSR rifle/sniper

SG-21 Strife

SWARM

COBR-A

It’s not possible to balance all weapons in the game. I advice LO to not add new weapons anymore because it will be either op or trash. Csgo is a clear example. After so many years they added revolver that turned the game into a clownfiesta for a week until they nerfed it to the ground that none uses it anymore

Edited by Lign
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

I had pressed my mouse and the timer at the same time several times (or about the same). I never got .85 or higher once on a time that i didn't feel that i knowingly messed up on and was late for. I got .78 a number of times while prepared for the 6th shot and felt i hit at the same time. I probably did it about 5 to 8 times but .78 seemed to be what i got the most. But I'm thinking it's .75, if not then it could be a little higher but i doubt it's higher than .8 if so it's worse than i thought it was and should be adjusted to .75. (imo) 

Someone at one point did a video with a timer and shots for testing on weapons before and made a collage for it. I sadly don't know how nor have the capabilities to do that and had to make do with a timer.

I will have to go back and check tomorrow, but i was confident it was ~.75-.78

The ranged ttks i think feel about average for close to mid range, and are rather accurate but it increased those ttks and feels closer to the star/far in terms of mid range ttk. (Further testing could confirm/counter this)

Test B Min TTK is exactly 0.85.

Disclaimer: I main N-TEC. Hate every other gun in the game besides the scout / dog ear.

I planned on coming back to this game after the engine upgrade, but the N-TEC change is just ridiculous.

The N-TEC is the only all-around viable weapon without spending thousands of hours grinding for a legendary or buying something off of ARMAS.

It's an iconic weapon and a good choice for new players trying to get into the game. There's absolutely no point in ruining it for nothing. 

You've already tried "nerfing" it by lowering the Improved Rifling rate of fire, that backfired.

1. I can understand the need to lower accuracy while jumping. No problem with that. 

2. Reducing effective range by 5m? What is this, a STAR? It's already hard to get medium to long-range kills with IR3 on an N-TEC. This change is unnecessary.

3. We've had N-TEC magazine size reduced to 25 before and that wasn't as big of a deal. Just lower it to 30.

4. Reducing fire rate and increasing bloom recovery time just brings us back to the last experiment you guys played with the N-TEC. Which ended up actually LOWERING the skill required to use the n-tec. New glory, anyone???

TL;DR: Fix the atrocious shit that G1 has added instead of modifying the core of the game to fit the rest.

47 minutes ago, Pitounette said:

Disclaimer: I main N-TEC. Hate every other gun in the game besides the scout / dog ear.

I planned on coming back to this game after the engine upgrade, but the N-TEC change is just ridiculous.

The N-TEC is the only all-around viable weapon without spending thousands of hours grinding for a legendary or buying something off of ARMAS.

It's an iconic weapon and a good choice for new players trying to get into the game. There's absolutely no point in ruining it for nothing. 

You've already tried "nerfing" it by lowering the Improved Rifling rate of fire, that backfired.

1. I can understand the need to lower accuracy while jumping. No problem with that. 

2. Reducing effective range by 5m? What is this, a STAR? It's already hard to get medium to long-range kills with IR3 on an N-TEC. This change is unnecessary.

3. We've had N-TEC magazine size reduced to 25 before and that wasn't as big of a deal. Just lower it to 30.

4. Reducing fire rate and increasing bloom recovery time just brings us back to the last experiment you guys played with the N-TEC. Which ended up actually LOWERING the skill required to use the n-tec. New glory, anyone???

TL;DR: Fix the atrocious shit that G1 has added instead of modifying the core of the game to fit the rest.

I’m with ya bruh i sink LO hez 2 remove oll wepons end keep onli ntek, olso inkreze akkuracy end drop ranje 

On 9/17/2019 at 7:34 PM, Lixil said:

This patch also introduces the ability to pay for G1C using Razer Gold. To celebrate the launch we are running a special promotion. Any player who uses Razer Gold to make a purchase will get a free account lifetime clothing bundle!

I have yet to get the bundle, its been 3 days

Edited by Darkzero3802

16 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

I have yet to get the bundle, its been 3 days

Showed up in my ingame mail right away for me 🤔

14 minutes ago, Acornie said:

Showed up in my ingame mail right away for me 🤔

Hasnt shown up on any of my chars in game

I like how the ntec jump and lean memers are going ape mode :^)

Variant B changes are nice, if someone wants* pin-point accuracy they have to do two-round bursts. Three-round bursts requires you to wait few milliseconds more to recover.

Jump and lean sucks now even more which is good.

There's no point in Variant A changes, people already run MP3 mod which means they are fine with less ammo in the magazine.

edit:

Oh, and hipfire is better now, it's harder to just spray.

Edited by Sayori
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

FAR is extremely similar to functionality to the star, except it has less ammo, and is a little more accurate in marksman mode. It has almost the exact bloom recovery.

The FAR has a faster ttk, a faster reload time, and is more accurate at the cost of 24 vs 32 rounds per mag.