Lixil

Patch Notes 1.20.0 (1167)

2 hours ago, Alani said:

everyone keep praising stupid ntec nerf

not realizing the same people who use ntec will just switch to weapons such as the RABID, FAR, and NSSW with how alike they are in performance to the ntec

then they'll start bitching about how the FAR, RABID, and NSSW need some sort of changes.

I would prefer if the LO people would look at the added weapons before looking at the current weapons. because all you're doing at this point is telling all of the veterans 'we messing with ntec' and the veterans will just go 'k i will use X weapon then' and suddenly people will start complaining about how X weapon is OP now because the veterans are annihilating people with them.

This.

In the cases with a lot of the meta weapons is just the massive difference in skill level, not the weapons being overpowered or "too good". High tier players will demolish lesser players with anything at the end of the day. Crying for a nerf won't solve the skill difference issue for any of them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

22 hours ago, Hexerin said:

I still feel like it's not necessary to reduce the Low-Yield's stamina damage. It's one of the only things making the CCG even remotely useable (not that there's any real reason to use it over the NL9 anyways, but still). As a career LTL player, it's extremely frustrating to lose yet another option that makes the gameplay even borderline functional.

ccg has always been superior imo, even if nl9 allows better corner pop and damage. I've always felt its less accurate

26 minutes ago, Flaws said:

This.

In the cases with a lot of the meta weapons is just the massive difference in skill level, not the weapons being overpowered or "too good". High tier players will demolish lesser players with anything at the end of the day. Crying for a nerf won't solve the skill difference issue for any of them.

except that some weapons are also too good, regardless of how much "skill level" is needed. Yes, there's other weapons to move to (albeit none of them are remotely near as powerful as the ntec is), however nerfing the ntec to a degree has still been needed to allow longer range weapons to have a better chance. Not only that but it has overshadowed other assault rifles in the 0-50m niche for a far too long. Regardless of it being a f2p weapon. (glaring over at the star and far). There's about 5 to 6 other weapons they can move to that are in the same niche or similar functionality but not as good.

Also note that the FAR has less ammo than the STAR, and is almost identical in functionality as a STAR. So there is really little to complain about with that.

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Also note that the FAR has less ammo than the STAR, and is almost identical in functionality as a STAR. So there is really little to complain about with that.

FAR is a buffed STAR wym?

• Like 1

Dear All,

maybe it was discussed (kinda lazy to check now) but did they change some graphics related stuff as well? I see some extra effects (which i don't like, its too much and cartoonish) when hitting cars and lots of artifacts on the buildings.. Am i the only one experiencing this ?    😞

Thank you   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Alani said:

not realizing the same people who use ntec will just switch to weapons such as the RABID, FAR, and NSSW with how alike they are in performance to the ntec

then they'll start bitching about how the FAR, RABID, and NSSW need some sort of changes.

I would prefer if the LO people would look at the added weapons before looking at the current weapons. because all you're doing at this point is telling all of the veterans 'we messing with ntec' and the veterans will just go 'k i will use X weapon then' and suddenly people will start complaining about how X weapon is OP now because the veterans are annihilating people with them.

Sounds pretty good to move the meta population and spread it out. Couldn't even name one clear runner up on the ntec which means it's in the clear lead with all others following behind.

Without intent you're actually providing reason that supports n-tec nerfs. Heck, even if it wouldn't need a nerf it would still be a good thing to "incentivize" this meta change to mix things up.

And if it so happens that after some time of playing a new clear meta favorite has established itself it can be repeated. That's not a bad thing that's the natural cycle of optimization.

6 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

ccg has always been superior imo, even if nl9 allows better corner pop and damage. I've always felt its less accurate

The CCG is incredibly inaccurate, and is basically the only remaining gun that still suffers from ghost shots. It's got no ammo supply (both in clip and reserve... only 4 mags, really?), takes eight shots to stun, and has an insanely long base reload speed. It's preset "upgrades" are actually downgrades that get exponentially worse with each tier. Literally the only thing it has going for it is the ability to both marksman and hipfire effectively.

The NL9 is incredibly accurate. Has insane ammo efficiency with a nearly endless supply (both magazine and reserve). Only takes three shots to stun, reloads per shell (this is huge). Its preset upgrades are insanely good, and get better with every tier. It not only can marksman and hipfire, it can also corner pop.

The NL9 is literally just a directly better gun on every level. The main reason it isn't universally used is because it needs to be unlocked via the Cop role, so it can easily go completely unnoticed that it's even available. It also happens to require more skill to use since you can't just spray'n'pray, so that also turns people off of it.

10 hours ago, Alani said:

...will just switch to weapons such as the RABID, FAR, and NSSW with how alike they are in performance to the ntec

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, Alani said:

Of course people will move on if a weapon has been nerfed too hard, there will always be a top tier gun, like the nssw, far or obeya, definitely not the rabid though.

Thing is, none of the alternatives are as strong as the N-TEC is, so it'll automatically be less of an issue.

9 hours ago, Flaws said:

This.

No, it definitely isn't the "massive skill difference".

The N-TEC is very easy to master and rewards you a lot. There's a reason why it's the most popular gun.

Look at the OSCAR, that is a hard to master gun and has a similar range playing field as the N-TEC, yet no one plays it.

Something always stands above the rest, happens in every single game. And sometimes, like in this case, it stands WAY above the rest.

The NTEC's Test B changes are nothing short of asinine.

The gun is now useless in close to mid range due to TTK and it won't have the RoF to bring something extra to the table when it comes to harassing at longer ranges.

There's no reason to pick it over, say, the AR-97 Misery or the Obeya CR-762

Edited by Nitronik
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Flaws said:

I went and played around with the N-TEC on both prototypes, shooting at a wall of course because both districts were 0-0 but with changes like these, that's all it took to see they are big no-nos.

Prototype "B" is a massive no-no, outright forget about it. Reducing the firerate on N-TEC would kill it just like back when you changed Improved Rifling and everyone went to the CR762 for the time being because it already has bigger range and it fires faster with Cooling Jacket on it. I also fail to see how lowering the ammo capacity is going to change anything significantly. I am very against ammo changes on any gun in general.

I main N-TEC 5, sure. However, I can use any other weapon in the game equally as good and I can switch (before anyone comes to my reply with that invalid argument). The N-TEC 5 is one of the very few weapons that actually require learning to be mastered, I talk to new players constantly who stray from the N-TEC because they find it challenging to use. This is the reason why I've picked to main it, because it requires a lot more than just focusing on one thing, it combines all the meaningful mechanics of the game (recoil control, fire rate control, aim tracking targets instead of point and click, using cover in a smart way, knowing when to push and when not to, etc) into one versatile gun, yet even when you do master it, it still will not outperform any of the other weapons in their ranges. SMGs and Shotguns beat it 9/10 times in close quarters, Carbine and OSCAR can destroy it in mid-range unless it is played smart from cover and I won't even mention how long range weapons rip it at actual long range.

Also, jump shooting is not an effective enough strategy to deserve a nerf, considering that it is only good if you can take someone by surprise meanwhile the rest of the time you will be stuck in a jump-fall pattern which is always exactly the same and easy to counter as long as you have a monitor and mouse. On top of that fact add the fact that the N-TEC is an RNG fest the moment you lift off the ground so you are at an even bigger disadvantage. Nerfing that is unnecessary.

How about, instead of penalizing good players who know how to play APB, we start penalizing all the players who abuse weapons like the AMG, the True Ogre mains, the explosive weapon mains, Showstopper users, remote detonator users and so on and actually make the game skillful and fun instead of outright killing all weapons that require skill and learning and overall lowering the skill ceiling of the entire game? The same people who are most likely the reason we are even getting an N-TEC nerf to begin with 😛 Reducing the game down to W + Left Mouse Button will be APB's undoing, especially if it wants to be any kind of competitive in the future.

You should really stop listening to people who don't understand the game well enough to know how to balance it. This is the reason we have been stuck with broken shotguns for so long, the weapons that take as little skill as clicking the recycle bin icon on your desktop are now the most rewarding in APB, as if they weren't rewarding enough before.

While I agree with you that prototype B is big no no, I really believe that ntec needs a slight accuracy nerf to make tapping a bit slower and removed jumpshots. Don’t forget that it’s the most versatile weapon in the game that performs good in any situations. If it’s not a case to nerf it then why did we ask to nerf hvr.

I totally agree with you about shotguns and about listening forum players(some of them really believes that shotguns should have faster ttk and longer drop range). A weapon that provides a lot of damage per shot and doesn’t force you to track the enemy with 100% uptime shouldn’t be that strong

Edited by Lign
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Sounds pretty good to move the meta population and spread it out. Couldn't even name one clear runner up on the ntec which means it's in the clear lead with all others following behind.

Without intent you're actually providing reason that supports n-tec nerfs. Heck, even if it wouldn't need a nerf it would still be a good thing to "incentivize" this meta change to mix things up.

And if it so happens that after some time of playing a new clear meta favorite has established itself it can be repeated. That's not a bad thing that's the natural cycle of optimization.

if u think switching from the ntec to another weapon is a good thing, good for u i guess.

but u forget that people will immediately start bitching about whatever weapon becomes 'meta' and then LO will end up 'rebalancing' that weapon.

after they nerf ntec im gonna prepare for frenzy and manic nerfs along with obeya rifle nerf and dog ear nerf and any gun that is good nerf

what they really need to do is fix match making so that good players face good players and no one will ever need to complain about guns anymore.... because putting bad players vs veterans with years upon years of experience is why this is happening. good players dont care about ntec because to a good player its not op or broken... its just another tool to use.

Edited by safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lign said:

While I agree with you that prototype B is big no no, I really believe that ntec needs a slight accuracy nerf to make tapping a bit slower and removed jumpshots. Don’t forget that it’s the most versatile weapon in the game that performs good in any situations. If it’s not a case to nerf it then why did we ask to nerf hvr.

Partially agreed.

I don't think it needs a base accuracy reduction, would rather see them play with bloom-per-shot , bloom recovery, or recovery delay instead

29 minutes ago, Nitronik said:

Partially agreed.

I don't think it needs a base accuracy reduction, would rather see them play with bloom-per-shot , bloom recovery, or recovery delay instead

Yes, that what I mean

4 hours ago, Alani said:

if u think switching from the ntec to another weapon is a good thing, good for u i guess.

but u forget that people will immediately start bitching about whatever weapon becomes 'meta' and then LO will end up 'rebalancing' that weapon.

How did I forget about it? I literally mentioned it that it is the natural cycle and that it is OK to bring change now and then.

Now, whether complains will start immediately or when a new meta change is supposed to happen again - those are things that can be argued about.

if you understood anything about the balance of weapons, you wouldn’t protect n-tec right now. this is obviously the most versatile weapon in the game, having a rather enviable ttk. I would call this weapon the easiest to learn, due to the absence of any shooting mechanics at all. if you learned to tap for long range shooting - congratulations, incredibly difficult weapons obeyed you.  I want to say that it absolutely definitely needs rework.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GhosT said:

No, it definitely isn't the "massive skill difference".

The N-TEC is very easy to master and rewards you a lot. There's a reason why it's the most popular gun.

Look at the OSCAR, that is a hard to master gun and has a similar range playing field as the N-TEC, yet no one plays it.

Something always stands above the rest, happens in every single game. And sometimes, like in this case, it stands WAY above the rest.

Wrong.

The OSCAR is one of the easiest weapons in the game to use. It requires little to no aim skill as it is point and click, it has basically no recoil to it, there is no accuracy loss, it has incredible range once you put IR3 on it (which gives it no downside) and you never have to aim down the sights even at like 50m which gives it insane mobility. Compare all of that to the N-TEC, which has more potential at range, less potential at CQC and mid-range as you have to aim down the sights and use cover to play it efficently and it requires you to control your aim more than any other weapon in the game.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Flaws said:

Wrong.

The OSCAR is one of the easiest weapons in the game to use. It requires little to no aim skill as it is point and click, it has basically no recoil to it, there is no accuracy loss, it has incredible range once you put IR3 on it (which gives it no downside) and you never have to aim down the sights even at like 50m which gives it insane mobility. Compare all of that to the N-TEC, which has more potential at range, less potential at CQC and mid-range as you have to aim down the sights and use cover to play it efficently and it requires you to control your aim more than any other weapon in the game.

Wrong.

Then why doesn't anyone ever use it?

To be honest your description of the OSCAR sounds more like describing the N-TEC. If anything that's the easiest gun to use seeing how forgiving it is with its little recoil and spamability.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Wrong.

Then why doesn't anyone ever use it?

To be honest your description of the OSCAR sounds more like describing the N-TEC. If anything that's the easiest gun to use seeing how forgiving it is with its little recoil and spamability.

Because the N-TEC has more potential at range, not because the OSCAR is "harder". OSCAR really isn't hard at all, there is a lot more that goes into the N-TEC over the OSCAR.

Edited by Flaws

1 minute ago, Flaws said:

There is a lot more that goes into the N-TEC over the OSCAR.

Yeah I'm gonna go with a big disagree here.

The N-TEC is definitely easier to get used to then the OSCAR.

7 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Yeah I'm gonna go with a big disagree here.

The N-TEC is definitely easier to get used to then the OSCAR.

Probably because to most players the N-TEC starts and ends with "tap fire hurr durr" which is wrong. That is the main reason you get slaughtered by high tier players who play N-TEC against you and these pointless weapon changes are the result. No offense to anyone, it's just what my years of experience are telling me.

Also, how can you say that the N-TEC has big spamability when we are talking about the OSCAR which doesn't even lose accuracy with IR3 on it...?

Edited by Flaws
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Flaws said:

Probably because to most players the N-TEC starts and ends with "tap fire hurr durr" which is wrong. That is the main reason you get slaughtered by high tier players who play N-TEC against you and these pointless weapon changes are the result. No offense to anyone, it's just what my years of experience are telling me.

Also, how can you say that the N-TEC has big spamability when we are talking about the OSCAR which doesn't even lose accuracy with IR3 on it...?

Did we reach the low point of insulting people again?

I'm not being slaughtered by high tier players, my opinion on that gun is based solely on my experience with it, which I've been gathering for a long time.

Keep going though. I went through this with many other guns like the scout, csg or FBW and got laughed at for calling them broken, and eventually the community agreed and they were nerfed.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Flaws said:

Welp LO is intent on nerfing the ntec one way or another, it isn't the end of the world. There are other guns that can be used

Besides you never know, LO might rebuff guns in the future if they see fit. Anyone remember their Improved Rifling change that was reverted in a mere 2 weeks?

They might also nerf the oscar but who knows what LO is up to

Edited by Weeb TheEpicGuyV2

@MattScott

As for the Katana harness, you'll need to fix the alignment/compatibility with hoodies (hood down). So far, gear of this sort (i.e. knife harness, quiver) either removed the hoods of hoodies (hood down) or had the strap proceed underneath the hood. With the new Katana harness, the strap goes right across the hood which looks buggy.

Edit: There's also an issue where the Katana goes inside the character when switching to the right shoulder perspective while running (only when a weapon is equipped).

Edited by thelinux
  • Like 1