Lixil

Patch Notes 1.20.0 (1167)

I have never been someone who 'complains' about the NTEC, first of all -- lemme clarify that.

I do however find it silly that a gun exists that can effectively beat any gun it faces, without having to change at least mod loadouts.  When I say silly, what I mean is boring.

As far as I am concerned, the reason I dislike jumpshooting scouts, QSing hvrs, NTECs hitting 0.7 perfect ttks at max effective range even with IR3 but losing 0% cqc capability...

is that it reduces the usefulness of other guns that were made with niche purpose in mind.  ... Why have any other gun at all when NTEC can fill their role/purpose at least equally as effectively as the gun it's filling in for?

Edit: RFP Fang is a case-in-point here.  Why have/use any other secondary if you have the RFP Fang?  Maybe in CQC now, the FBW/.45 goes back to the standard but, why have any other magnum at all, let alone renting a PDW/NFA-9 for cqc when the RFP/FBW/.45 can do it all, but better?  .45 and FBW reach easily into mid-range, and RFP Fang is a pocket obir that lands shots equally as accurately hipfiring in close quarters so.... why do other secondaries even exist beyond those?

Edited by Running Eagle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree with ntec fire rate nerf and jump accuracy but I feel like the ammo count nerf is pointless.

23 minutes ago, Running Eagle said:

CJ 3 obeya rifle?  Oh, you mean an Ursus.... except you can still put IR3 on an Ursus....

NTEC should never beat obeya rifle at range.  That kinda makes the gun, IDK, pointless.

ntec does not beat obeya at 60 meters as long as you got normal functioning hands.

Edited by cheater

5 minutes ago, Running Eagle said:

NTECs hitting 0.7 perfect ttks at max effective range even with IR3

this doesn't happen

1 minute ago, cheater said:

cause it takes you around 1.5 seconds to pull out your pistol while someone with hvr can pull out their fbw out instantly, Please revert this.

the obir bolt timer is about .45s (same as the rof), for comparison the hvr has a 1.75s bolt timer by default

i think its a dumb idea as well, but at least get your facts straight

12 minutes ago, Solamente said:

50m? thats ntec turf

60m? thats probably 50/50

anything above that is a solid obeya win

60m is definitely a 100% Obeya win. I think waiting for bloom on the NTEC adds a lot more to the TTK than people realize.

Obeya CJ3 TTK is 0.78 vs NTEC at 0.70. This means there's only about 0.08 seconds of buffer that the NTEC can wait for bloom. So, if you aren't full auto, NTEC won't beat an Obeya's time. This means that on live, Obeya CJ3 already encroaches on NTEC territory pretty significantly. This firerate nerf would mean the Obeya is just outright better at all ranges.

Hopefully this clarifies for some people.

4 minutes ago, Running Eagle said:

NTECs hitting 0.7 perfect ttks at max effective range even with IR3 but losing 0% cqc capability...

You lose a lot of your credibility here for me. You cannot hit a 0.7 TTK with an NTEC at 57 meters. The NTEC does in fact have bloom.

5 minutes ago, Solamente said:

this doesn't happen

So, you havent' encountered anybody being able to land all 6 shots tapfiring from 57m at no more than 0.8 of a second?

Cause it feels like to me, most people I fight who USE NTEC, do it with consistency.

EDIT: in fact I'm about to sit down and test this now.  While landing a perfect 0.7 on a moving target only happens in fight clubs vs. the closets, I'm about to see the realism of landing those shots at that range in that time frame against someone who is crouched and firing back at you.

Edited by Running Eagle

3 hours ago, Visionaireh said:

You don't get it. This promotion has nothing to do with the maintenance. They don't need to patch the game in order to send people stuff out through an automatic system.

oh I'm sorry are they supposed to stop work for just you?

It has everything to do with the maintenance since is when it begins.

The programming doesn't appear on APB to buy G1C without it.

1 minute ago, Running Eagle said:

So, you havent' encountered anybody being able to land all 6 shots tapfiring from 57m at no more than 0.8 of a second?

Cause it feels like to me, most people I fight who USE NTEC, do it with consistency.

that's not min ttk nor is it particularly unbalanced, seeing as the obeya has a stock ttk of .84s

7 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

oh I'm sorry are they supposed to stop work for just you?

It has everything to do with the maintenance since is when it begins.

The programming doesn't appear on APB to buy G1C without it.

Now you're just being a knucklehead. No point discussing with you since you have no idea what you are talking about.

Edited by Visionaireh

So, while I am contending that one tenth of a second is (again at maximum, a tenth) an aount of time that is indistinguishable by perception, you would likely tell me that the Frenzy being a 0.69ttk versus the ntec's 0.7 ttk makes a noticeable, important difference?

There may sound like there is snark in this question, but there isn't -- I am genuinely asking if you feel that those 'barely-quantifiable-as-time-having-passed' measurements of time, make an amount of difference in the game in anything beynd a 1v1 where youre both shooting each other at the same time ... (... which is playing the game wrong, because 1v1s aren't supposed to happen, the whole game mechanics are based around 2v1, 3v2, 4v3, and 4v4 -- thus making your squad most efficient and have the highest chances of winning when coordinated EDIT: and firing on the same target at once in order to compound your ttk)

I am not asking you to tell me the answer based on a 1v1 where you shoot each other simultaneously at the explosion of a grenade.... everyone knows if you get the first bullet off on someone in the NTEC 'territory' you have killed them full stop, unless they pop a shield or have nearby cover.

Edited by Running Eagle

The N-TEC is a very tricky one. It definitely needs a change and half of APBs population is now in tears because their crutch is going to be brought back in line.

The range reduction seems almost pointless, as the gun has such a slow damage drop and it's still very effective way outside it's effective range.

Jumpshot accuracy nerf is welcomed, but not really the core issue of the gun, as this change won't change much either.

Test A will change absolutely nothing.

Test B is exactly what I had in mind, slowing down the very fast tap fire mechanic which is its actual problem that makes it too versatile.

Though B needs to be fine tuned very precisely. It could change nothing, or it could ruin the whole gun.

It needs to be able to compete with other ranged ARs and marksman rifles, but shouldn't be able to outgun them that easily.

//Edit: This is my most anticipated rebalance patch and I'm currently only one handed and can't play. Feels bad man.

Edited by GhosT
  • Like 3

Oh and for the record, I am seeing an immense number of people currently testing to see if these changes affected the ursus or new glory, and someone is spamming /d chat for an ursus in what I feel is fear of the district B changes being accepted as the ones to keep.

Side note, the Obeya CR762 will become the new N-TEC, which is actually a perfectly balanced gun and not as brutal as the N-TEC due to less mobility and not being as good in close quarters.

But it has massive overdamage that should be looked at. Getting shot 4 times will leave you with 980 damage, enough to be a one shot from almost everything at any range. And you thought getting 850'd by a HVR was bad. 

And can actually put Heavy Barrel 3 on it and it'll still be a 5 shot to kill. Not that anyone would actually use that on the Obeya, but I think you get my point.

3 minutes ago, Running Eagle said:

So, while I am contending that one tenth of a second is (again at maximum, a tenth) an aount of time that is indistinguishable by perception, you would likely tell me that the Frenzy being a 0.69ttk versus the ntec's 0.7 ttk makes a noticeable, important difference?

There may sound like there is snark in this question, but there isn't -- I am genuinely asking if you feel that those 'barely-quantifiable-as-time-having-passed' measurements of time, make an amount of difference in the game in anything beynd a 1v1 where youre both shooting each other at the same time ... (... which is playing the game wrong, because 1v1s aren't supposed to happen, the whole game mechanics are based around 2v1, 3v2, 4v3, and 4v4 -- thus making your squad most efficient and have the highest chances of winning when coordinated)

I am not asking you to tell me the answer based on a 1v1 where you shoot each other simultaneously at the explosion of a grenade.... everyone knows if you get the first bullet off on someone in the NTEC 'territory' you have killed them full stop, unless they pop a shield or have nearby cover.

The problem with your argument is that the 0.7 TTK is full auto. Tap firing the NTEC will raise the TTK to about a full second for a 57m target.

Also, this isn't about a wild west duel. This is about which weapon does the job better in the same exact scenario. So, if you are on a corner and open fire on a target that is going to get to cover in 0.9 seconds at a 50 meter range, the NTEC wouldn't get you the kill, while the CJ3 Obeya very well could.

1 minute ago, Running Eagle said:

So, while I am contending that one tenth of a second is (again at maximum, a tenth) an aount of time that is indistinguishable by perception

given that you apparently couldnt tell the difference between bloom recovery in test a and test b perhaps things are different for you but a tenth of a second is indeed distinguishable in apb - for a concrete example using an hvr with (1.63s) and without (1.75s) cj3 is noticeable, at least to me

4 minutes ago, Running Eagle said:

you would likely tell me that the Frenzy being a 0.69ttk versus the ntec's 0.7 ttk makes a noticeable, important difference?

this is a hundredth of a second not a tenth, so im not really sure why this is relevant - if anything this would support my point that .04s (four hundredths of a second, or less than half of a tenth) is a very small difference

9 minutes ago, Running Eagle said:

There may sound like there is snark in this question, but there isn't -- I am genuinely asking if you feel that those 'barely-quantifiable-as-time-having-passed' measurements of time, make an amount of difference in the game in anything beynd a 1v1 where youre both shooting each other at the same time ... (... which is playing the game wrong, because 1v1s aren't supposed to happen, the whole game mechanics are based around 2v1, 3v2, 4v3, and 4v4 -- thus making your squad most efficient and have the highest chances of winning when coordinated)

yes, as i posted above i think tenths of seconds definitely count in apb

im also not sure why you feel the need to disregard 1v1 encounters, as they happen incredibly frequently regardless of how many people are on a mission

13 minutes ago, Running Eagle said:

everyone knows if you get the first bullet off on someone in the NTEC 'territory' you have killed them full stop, unless they pop a shield or have nearby cover.

this is true of basically every gun, being caught unaware out in the open is pretty much a guaranteed death 

i also don't believe the ntec is somehow an automatic win if the first shot connects, obviously based solely on personal experience outplaying ntecs and getting outplayed with an ntec

• Thanks 1

The firerate change is completely killing the weapon. Overall ntec is pretty balanced imo, it just needs the accuracy nerf to make the tapping less valuable and remove jumpshots. If you completely nerf ntec, wait for whining about obeya and oscar. If you will nerf them then we will come back to the circle where ntec dominates everything just with slower average ttk

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Solamente said:

this is true of basically every gun, being caught unaware out in the open is pretty much a guaranteed death 

My deployable shields would like a word with you

12 minutes ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

My deployable shields would like a word with you

Stop playing mini fortnite

dumb could always use a FAR or ntec7

Edited by Deadliest

8 minutes ago, Deadliest said:

dumb could always use a FAR or ntec7

Both of which are far less powerful than the N-TEC 5.

7 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Both of which are far less powerful than the N-TEC 5.

not by much, and especially not if test b changes go through

You lost me at min ttk at max range. 

Sorry, argument invalidated. 

24 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Stop playing mini fortnite

^this made me chortle

I went and played around with the N-TEC on both prototypes, shooting at a wall of course because both districts were 0-0 but with changes like these, that's all it took to see they are big no-nos.

Prototype "B" is a massive no-no, outright forget about it. Reducing the firerate on N-TEC would kill it just like back when you changed Improved Rifling and everyone went to the CR762 for the time being because it already has bigger range and it fires faster with Cooling Jacket on it. I also fail to see how lowering the ammo capacity is going to change anything significantly. I am very against ammo changes on any gun in general.

I main N-TEC 5, sure. However, I can use any other weapon in the game equally as good and I can switch (before anyone comes to my reply with that invalid argument). The N-TEC 5 is one of the very few weapons that actually require learning to be mastered, I talk to new players constantly who stray from the N-TEC because they find it challenging to use. This is the reason why I've picked to main it, because it requires a lot more than just focusing on one thing, it combines all the meaningful mechanics of the game (recoil control, fire rate control, aim tracking targets instead of point and click, using cover in a smart way, knowing when to push and when not to, etc) into one versatile gun, yet even when you do master it, it still will not outperform any of the other weapons in their ranges. SMGs and Shotguns beat it 9/10 times in close quarters, Carbine and OSCAR can destroy it in mid-range unless it is played smart from cover and I won't even mention how long range weapons rip it at actual long range.

Also, jump shooting is not an effective enough strategy to deserve a nerf, considering that it is only good if you can take someone by surprise meanwhile the rest of the time you will be stuck in a jump-fall pattern which is always exactly the same and easy to counter as long as you have a monitor and mouse. On top of that fact add the fact that the N-TEC is an RNG fest the moment you lift off the ground so you are at an even bigger disadvantage. Nerfing that is unnecessary.

How about, instead of penalizing good players who know how to play APB, we start penalizing all the players who abuse weapons like the AMG, the True Ogre mains, the explosive weapon mains, Showstopper users, remote detonator users and so on and actually make the game skillful and fun instead of outright killing all weapons that require skill and learning and overall lowering the skill ceiling of the entire game? The same people who are most likely the reason we are even getting an N-TEC nerf to begin with 😛 Reducing the game down to W + Left Mouse Button will be APB's undoing, especially if it wants to be any kind of competitive in the future.

You should really stop listening to people who don't understand the game well enough to know how to balance it. This is the reason we have been stuck with broken shotguns for so long, the weapons that take as little skill as clicking the recycle bin icon on your desktop are now the most rewarding in APB, as if they weren't rewarding enough before.

Edited by Flaws
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 8

13 hours ago, Lixil said:

This patch also introduces the ability to pay for G1C using Razer Gold. To celebrate the launch we are running a special promotion. Any player who uses Razer Gold to make a purchase will get a free account lifetime clothing bundle!

Is the free account lifetime clothing bundle a specific bundle or are we allowed to choose which clothing bundle we want? If it is the former, which clothing bundle is it or what does it consist of?