Lixil

Patch Notes 1.20.0 (1167)

7 hours ago, Lixil said:

This week we are making some changes in the Weapon Prototype Districts to the N-TEC 5 and some of its variants. The gun is very powerful when being used while mobile, so we are going to address that by decreasing the accuracy while jumping.

@NotZombieBiscuit

you're done for

3 hours ago, Visionaireh said:

You have the option to buy with Razer Gold on the marketplace hence the promotion already started. 

So you expect an update that requires maintenance to happen BEFORE maintenance?

Be a little more patient please.

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

So you expect an update that requires maintenance to happen BEFORE maintenance?

Be a little more patient please.

You don't get it. This promotion has nothing to do with the maintenance. They don't need to patch the game in order to send people stuff out through an automatic system.

1 hour ago, Aeronaut said:

@NotZombieBiscuit

you're done for

Accuracy while jumping is already trash.

There is almost no reason to jumpshot when you could have just shot normally. It's only for style points.

8 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Oh good, ntec nerf

It's about fkn time.

• Thanks 1

Forcing people to stop playing this game like it's Call of Duty, Halo, Counterstrike, or some other BASIC, GENERIC, NOT-VERY-MUCH-FUN shooter where 1v1ing is the expectation.....

IS THE BEST IDEA I HAVE EVER SEEN ANYBODY HAVE FOR THIS GAME

Force people to learn the whole arsenal.  Stop letting a grouping of 3-5 guns dominate the entirety of the draw range and lord over the rest, making them obsolete and more or less pointless to use.  REMIND PEOPLE, that this game isn't supposed to be measured in 1v1 ttk, but in *v* compounding ttk.  Your 0.54 second ttk from quickswitching (which I laugh at as it was the way people were able to force the SUPPORT weapon known as the heavy HVR to stop being SUPPORT and start being a MAIN KILLS gun) is still 0.50 second slower than two people who coordinate over VOIP and shoot you with an HVR and crz762/ntec/ANY other longer ranged gun at the same time..

tl;dr if people stopped trying to cornhole this game into something it isn't, and instead learned the mechanics as they were intended, they'd probably not only find an extreme amount of usefulness in EVERY gun within its INTENDED role and range, BUT ADDITIONALLY would feel like they were enjoying PLAYING the game more and ENGAGING the opposition instead of ONLY having fun when they win and getting ~FURIOUS~ when they lose a mission or god forbid, die more than a couple times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Lixil said:

Patch notes:

This week we are making some changes in the Weapon Prototype Districts to the N-TEC 5 and some of its variants. The gun is very powerful when being used while mobile, so we are going to address that by decreasing the accuracy while jumping. This change will be reflected in both districts. We are also slightly reducing the effective range of the gun, meaning the damage drop off starts 5 meters sooner.

Jump accuracy nerf is unnecessary but acceptable, 5m range reduction is fine.

9 hours ago, Lixil said:

For Test District A:

We are making each bullet more valuable by reducing the Ammo and Magazine Capacity size on the N-TEC 5 weapons.

By how much? There's nothing to even test. I'm guessing 24 or 25 magazine, about 100 reserve. Sounds fair.

9 hours ago, Lixil said:

For Test District B:

We are changing the N-TEC 5 weapons to be less accurate for longer periods of time by increasing the time it takes your accuracy to normalize after firing a shot.

Weird way of saying bloom recovery. Either way, this will kill the weapon. Reducing base accuracy by a minuscule amount would be the only viable change to accuracy, and even then District A is better.

they only listen to bad players XD

they nerf every long range weapon and buff weapons that take no brains to use... (shotgun balance?????)

the ntec is fine... actually way worse than it was in 2010-2014... why do we keep taking the guns that are rewarding to learn and weakening them so that guns that arent rewarding to get good with can compete?... you buff nfas out the patootie and are seriously considering nerfing ntec... and you already nerfed all marksman weapons ranges at the same time you buffed shotguns... FOR WHAT?

21 minutes ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

they only listen to bad players XD

How is it bad to have to learn a skill instead of relying on the gun to do the work for you..... lazy....

I agree with PowderdJedi420

Edit: Disregard entirely.  I compared, and i 100000% support the district b nerf.

Edited by Running Eagle

is this where we give feedback as well?

test a

-decreased magazine size 

-decreased reserve ammo 

this change (32/128 -> 28/112) is basically nothing, i'm not even sure why it deserved its own test district tbh

i don't hate the idea but i think if its going to be pushed forward mag size should go even lower, probably to 24 at minimum

test b

-increased bloom recovery time

1 hour ago, crusade said:

Either way, this will kill the weapon.

i don't think this is true tbh, while test b definitely feels like too much (i think it should be reduced by about 40-50% if kept) the idea of forcing slightly slower tapfiring has some merit

both tests

-decreased jumping accuracy

-decreased range

ntec jumping is a meme, the nerf is fine but idk why anyone bothered spending time to "fix" this nonissue

decreased range is a mistake imo, especially on a gun thats meant to be the longer ranged half of f2p ARs - the ntec is now forced to take up even more of the star's niche

proposed changes

-decreased magazine size (24)

-decreased reserve ammo (120)

-decreased jump accuracy

-increased bloom per shot

-increased max bloom

since the ntec is clearly on the chopping block my intent here is to allow it much of its current ranged functionality while nerfing its full auto/cqc capability, widening the niche for the star (and some other ARs) and getting rid of some of the ntec's hated versatility 

i don't have any concrete numbers because i'm not good at math and kind of lazy

2 minutes ago, Running Eagle said:

Also I'm in weapon test district B right now and can't tell any difference in the accuracy between shots.

dontbetoxicdontbetoxicdontbetoxicdontbetoxicdontbetoxic

Edited by Solamente
typo

Hey guys nerf the ntec but leave oscar how it is, 😛

How will half of apb's ntec mains recover

Edited by preo

Just now, AlishaAzure said:

Timing about releasing ARMAS items? @Lixil

its like 3am pst i think you should chillax until at least like 7 or 8am

These ntec changes won't do anything. What ntec needs is a slower ttk, simple as that.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Solamente said:

i don't think this is true tbh, while test b definitely feels like too much (i think it should be reduced by about 40-50% if kept) the idea of forcing slightly slower tapfiring has some merit

Just got out of District B. This would absolutely kill the weapon. Also, no where was it mentioned that the firerate was nerfed.

If the firerate on the NTEC gets nerfed, and the range is 45m, what point is there in using the NTEC over a CJ3 CR762? Kudos to SKay, whose counter-argument on that was "So...?" Glad to see we have a big thinker on the SPCT.

Overall, in terms of best practices as far as weapon balancing goes, I think Little Orbit needs to make a small adjustment to weapons, then push them out to live and see how they go. You don't need to change 5 things on a weapon every time, it gets complex. Make one adjustment and see how it goes. If it seems like it was in the right direction, then make another adjustment.

That being said, I feel like the rest of the changes to the NTEC are fine, but District B is not the way.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Uke said:

These ntec changes won't do anything. What ntec needs is a slower ttk, simple as that.

The reduced bloom settle speed DOES reduce the TTK at range.  It literally does exactly that, while leaving it untouched when in a situation where you can full-auto the gun and land all 6 shots.

1 minute ago, crusade said:

Kudos to SKay, whose counter-argument on that was "So...?"

classic spct

1 minute ago, crusade said:

what point is there in using the NTEC over a CJ3 CR762?

CJ 3 obeya rifle?  Oh, you mean an Ursus.... except you can still put IR3 on an Ursus....

NTEC should never beat obeya rifle at range.  That kinda makes the gun, IDK, pointless.

Just now, Running Eagle said:

CJ 3 obeya rifle?  Oh, you mean an Ursus.... except you can still put IR3 on an Ursus....

NTEC should never beat obeya rifle at range.  That kinda makes the gun, IDK, pointless.

Except it wouldn't just beat it at range. It would also beat it at mid-range and CQC.

4 minutes ago, Running Eagle said:

what range are you talking about? 

50m? thats ntec turf

60m? thats probably 50/50

anything above that is a solid obeya win

ursus isnt similar to the obeya at all really, and it isnt getting nerfed anyway as far as i can tell