Lixil

Patch Notes 1.20.0 (1167)

Hello everyone!

A new patch is going up onto the Live servers for PC. This patch will be happening on Wednesday 9/18/2019. Patch will start at 9 AM UTC and will last for 4 hours.

Console will have its normal maintenance starting at 9 AM UTC as well. 

Patch notes:

This week we are making some changes in the Weapon Prototype Districts to the N-TEC 5 and some of its variants. The gun is very powerful when being used while mobile, so we are going to address that by decreasing the accuracy while jumping. This change will be reflected in both districts. We are also slightly reducing the effective range of the gun, meaning the damage drop off starts 5 meters sooner.

For Test District A:

We are making each bullet more valuable by reducing the Ammo and Magazine Capacity size on the N-TEC 5 weapons.

For Test District B:

We are changing the N-TEC 5 weapons to be less accurate for longer periods of time by increasing the time it takes your accuracy to normalize after firing a shot. We are also slightly reducing the fire rate.

After feedback from players we are making the final adjustments to Low Yield Grenades.
Explosion Radius 700 -> 550 (+50 from the previous Test A stats)
Health Damage 575 -> 515 (+15 from the previous Test A stats)
Stamina Damage 365 -> 295 (Same as Test A)

Hard Damage 435 -> 376 (Same as Test A)

We have added a Joker Ticket reward system for completing opposed missions. For more information about this new system, please head to the link below. Matt has already done an extensive write up about how this system will function. (Link: https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/11134-new-mission-joker-ticket-reward-system/)

We have added new Weapon Harnesses to ARMAS! These are contact inspired harnesses that you can own and customize yourself.

This patch also introduces the ability to pay for G1C using Razer Gold. To celebrate the launch we are running a special promotion. Any player who uses Razer Gold to make a purchase will get a free account lifetime clothing bundle!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 10

I still feel like it's not necessary to reduce the Low-Yield's stamina damage. It's one of the only things making the CCG even remotely useable (not that there's any real reason to use it over the NL9 anyways, but still). As a career LTL player, it's extremely frustrating to lose yet another option that makes the gameplay even borderline functional.

• Like 8

Can't wait for those harnesses and pray to lord the pack isn't $20.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Lixil said:

This patch also introduces the ability to pay for G1C using Razer Gold. To celebrate the launch we are running a special promotion. Any player who uses Razer Gold to make a purchase will get a free account lifetime clothing bundle!

yall got some pictures for us?

also, with the addition of earning (more) JT's in regular missions, will you keep adding stuff to the joker store? perhaps more bodykits / wheels or clothing items?
I'm personally looking forward for the fresno fastline kits to be available in the joker store!

4 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

Can't wait for those harnesses and pray to lord the pack isn't $20.

looking at other clothing items I think they'll be around 199-299 each... maybe there'll be a bundle for like 499-699 or whatever...

I think feedback would be really bad if they add them for 20$ and they know that LUL

Edited by Snubnose
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Snubnose said:

looking at other clothing items I think they'll be around 199-299 each... maybe there'll be a bundle for like 499-699 or whatever...

I think feedback would be really bad if they add them for 20$ and they know that LUL

It was talked about else where but literally no idea what it will be until the pack is put up.

Just now, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

So what happened to that OBIR nerf btw?

Hopefully reverted, as it's jank as hell.

• Like 1

Just now, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

So what happened to that OBIR nerf btw?

"we forgot" - orbit, 2019

39 minutes ago, Lixil said:

For Test District B:

We are changing the N-TEC 5 weapons to be less accurate for longer periods of time by increasing the time it takes your accuracy to normalize after firing a shot.

less accuracy means more rng, might as well just delete this version now and save everyone some time

didnt even need numbers for that :^)

41 minutes ago, Lixil said:

After feedback from players we are making the final adjustments to Low Yield Grenades.

seems alright, is the slightly increased damage to compensate for ca3 users?

i agree with hexerin (lord save me) that stamina damage didnt really need to be touched, unless this is a change that will be happening to all grenades?

1 minute ago, Solamente said:

seems alright, is the slightly increased damage to compensate for ca3 users?

That would likely be a safe bet, as that was a very common bit of feedback.

i agree with hexerin (lord save me)

f87eddc71b1e46212f2c2e54af654165.gif

1 hour ago, Lixil said:

Hello everyone!

A new patch is going up onto the Live servers for PC. This patch will be happening on Wednesday 9/18/2019. Patch will start at 9 AM UTC and will last for 4 hours.

Console will have its normal maintenance starting at 9 AM UTC as well. 

Patch notes:

This week we are making some changes in the Weapon Prototype Districts to the N-TEC 5 and some of its variants. The gun is very powerful when being used while mobile, so we are going to address that by decreasing the accuracy while jumping. This change will be reflected in both districts. We are also slightly reducing the effective range of the gun, meaning the damage drop off starts 5 meters sooner.

For Test District A:

We are making each bullet more valuable by reducing the Ammo and Magazine Capacity size on the N-TEC 5 weapons.

For Test District B:

We are changing the N-TEC 5 weapons to be less accurate for longer periods of time by increasing the time it takes your accuracy to normalize after firing a shot.

We have added a Joker Ticket reward system for completing opposed missions. For more information about this new system, please head to the link below. Matt has already done an extensive write up about how this system will function. (Link: https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/11134-new-mission-joker-ticket-reward-system/)

We have added new Weapon Harnesses to ARMAS! These are contact inspired harnesses that you can own and customize yourself.

That's cool, can't wait to see more from you :classic_sleep:

giphy.gif

I can already taste the delicious tears of the NTEC mains. Thanks LO. ❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

I can already taste the delicious tears of the NTEC mains. Thanks LO. ❤️

The jump modifier change won't affect much of anything, it's a niche use case that only comes up once in a blue moon. The 5m range reduction is nothing to scoff at, but it also isn't going to make the gun budge from its current position. Test A changes are meaningless, unless that reduction is something like [ 32 -> 12 ] or some insanity. Test B changes could very, very easily just outright kill the gun period, so likely won't even be significant enough to matter at the end of the day.

I have very low hopes for these adjustments, and fully expect to see them try something else instead down the line.

11 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

I can already taste the delicious tears of the NTEC mains. Thanks LO

i can't wait for everyone to start crying about the obeya after all the big owners start using that instead

• Like 10

i can't wait for everyone to start crying about the obeya after all the big owners start using that instead

Can't wait for the general populace to realize that the CR762 is best used without Hunting Sight, due to having monstrously overtuned hipfire accuracy.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Solamente said:

As someone who owns the gun, I won't mind a nerf. I know that gun is just unfair and is too strong at range. I'm all about balance. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lixil said:

When are we due to get this clothing bundle? I've already made a purchase with Razer Gold and I don't see anything.

2 minutes ago, Visionaireh said:

When are we due to get this clothing bundle? I've already made a purchase with Razer Gold and I don't see anything.

Considering the promotion hasn't even started yet, as literally stated in the quoted text...

Edited by Hexerin

6 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Considering the promotion hasn't even started yet, as literally stated in the quoted text...

You have the option to buy with Razer Gold on the marketplace hence the promotion already started. 

As an Ntec main (blast me for it i don't really care) the changes are pretty dumb imo. Honestly i think the direction this game is going in terms of balancing hurts the game more than it helps it. Gun play was so much more fun back when the nano first came out. The random "gimmick mechanics" they add to these guns takes away from the arcade feeling of the game. I hate the hvr and i feel that the change to it is pretty meh. I think a damage nerf on it would have been fine. The random burst in bloom on the ntec currently is also very silly. Why when i shoot a gun at a controlled rate should i be penalized? To me it just seems silly to keep hurting players for learning weapons and playing with them efficiently. I just feel like the ntec is just going to get less and less enjoyable. While many may say "ya take that ntec mains and what not" it really just takes away from the game. Just my feeling on it though and why i wish the game was like it was in 2012.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I see where this is going. Obeya rifle nerf mass cry. Leading to nobody using neither of weapons cuz they both succ.

Spaghetti moster god be my witness that I prefer any weapon other than ntec, so this change wouldnt affect me at all, but damn.. all these poor newbs.

This weapon used to be a newbs 1st choice leading to high skill reward that everybody respected, while top skill reward was identical to any other meta weapon.

Id rather focused on weapon that would rly use some buffs instead of nerfing base weapons.

Fully agree with @RespectThis

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RespectThis said:

As an Ntec main (blast me for it i don't really care) the changes are pretty dumb imo. Honestly i think the direction this game is going in terms of balancing hurts the game more than it helps it. Gun play was so much more fun back when the nano first came out. The random "gimmick mechanics" they add to these guns takes away from the arcade feeling of the game. I hate the hvr and i feel that the change to it is pretty meh. I think a damage nerf on it would have been fine. The random burst in bloom on the ntec currently is also very silly. Why when i shoot a gun at a controlled rate should i be penalized? To me it just seems silly to keep hurting players for learning weapons and playing with them efficiently. I just feel like the ntec is just going to get less and less enjoyable. While many may say "ya take that ntec mains and what not" it really just takes away from the game. Just my feeling on it though and why i wish the game was like it was in 2012.

gotta say i agree, the continued trend away from the simple and consistent gunplay is definitely a big negative for apb

if you take a step back or if you're a new player coming in objectively all the different little pieces that no longer quite fit together are really obvious

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1