LewdLemming

After R255 is premium worth it?

Hello folks,

Wanted to get your thoughts / opinions on whether or not it is worth having premium once you get to max rank.

My 2 mains are R255.  I haven't bought anything other than joker boxes as I roll default (clothing, vehicles, etc).  Love the concept of the various designers, and love the designs players have put out there, but I've never really been interested in tweaking anything.  Ikr ... weird.

The only 3 reasons I know of for having premium are:

1) faster leveling;

2) cheaper prices for items on the armas marketplace; and

3) faster response time for support tickets. 

Item 3 is pretty much a null item as LO is about a month behind on support tickets.  My buddy (who has premium) submitted a ticket concerning random crashes EVERY time he plays exactly 1-month ago and only just got a reply.  And that reply wasn't helpful.  It was a standard "update your drivers", which didn't help at all, so he is back to square one.

Am I missing any other reason?

And if I'm only buying JBs, is it still worthwhile to buy the lowest time of premium and then buy the JBs for the extra boxes you get because you have premium?

Cheers,

Lewd

Edited by LewdLemming

If you don't have much ingame money, it can be worth it as it more than doubles mission rewards.

Other than that, pretty much useless.

If you wanna buy something on armas, just pop one of the thousand 15-day loyalty codes.

iirc Matt wanted to add something in place of the old premium cooldown reduction. But no clue what it is yet. 

Edit: if they’re trying to push this monthly subscription onto people I wouldn’t be surprised if they gave you x amount of g1c every month or joker tickets. Kind of like what premium does in Planetside 2

Edited by Nanometic

It's only really useful for earning extra in game currency when 255. If you don't care about money then there's no need too bother.

Other than that, as GhosT stated:

21 minutes ago, GhosT said:

If you wanna buy something on armas, just pop one of the thousand 15-day loyalty codes.

Limitations on customizing clothing. The difference between non to premium on limits is actually disgusting at some points.

Edited by jerycho
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GhosT said:

If you don't have much ingame money, it can be worth it as it more than doubles mission rewards.

Other than that, pretty much useless.

I've got about $1M in-game money, on each of my mains.  Not too obsessed about the in-game money. In-game money might be more important I guess if I want to buy one of a legendary off of the community market.

Good idea about the loyalty codes.  I keep forgetting about those.  Used to use them years ago, but not sure if they would be usable since I used them back in 2011 or so.  I don't think they came out with new ones, right?

32 minutes ago, jerycho said:

Limitations on customizing clothing. The difference between non to premium on limits is actually disgusting at some points.

Not just clothes, but on everything.  But, as I said in my post, my toons are default.  The only customization I made was to my crim, who I made a portly, balding dude for giggles.  Default everything else.

Only other goal I would have is to maybe get a 3-slot gun using the JTs, but that will be a while.  Maybe once they add more ways to get JTs and / or increase the JT rewards from daily activities.  

I know you can get more JTs from playing fight club.  May try that again.  Been years since I've played in FC.

Edited by LewdLemming

Reason why i get premium,

1. Get more $$ to buy stuff of community marketplace. I make 600k a week while finishing my FC activities for those sweet JTs.  I spend around 6-12 hours a week. 

2. Lower cool down on mods 

3. Support the devs ❤️

I have never opened a joker box. Earned around 10 lengendaries through APB $$ and bit of trading ., 

Edited by fragmeister

Oh yeah I was just saying it is worth it simply for the clothing decal limitations. Like excuse me 3 decals on my hoodie? I call bs

1 hour ago, fragmeister said:

Reason why i get premium,

1. Get more $$ to buy stuff of community marketplace. I make 600k a week while finishing my FC activities for those sweet JTs.  I spend around 6-12 hours a week. 

2. Lower cool down on mods 

3. Support the devs ❤️

I have never opened a joker box. Earned around 10 lengendaries through APB $$ and bit of trading ., 

Ah, totally forgot about the mod cool down feature.  Thanks for reminding me!

I support the devs by buying the JBs every once in a while.  It is kind of like how I support the provincial lottery by buying lottery tickets every once in a while.  😉 You buy them because you are hoping to win big, but you are also  supporting them with the purchase.

2 minutes ago, LewdLemming said:

I support the devs by buying the JBs every once in a while.  It is kind of like how I support the provincial lottery by buying lottery tickets every once in a while.  😉 You buy them because you are hoping to win big, but you are also  supporting them with the purchase.

I would never gamble... Its just me. I see getting Legendaries from market as unlocks and progression 😄 and i don't sell them !  Trade for a something new or add them into my collection haha. 

1 minute ago, fragmeister said:

*snip* Trade for a something new or add them into my collection haha. 

I've always been a bit leery about trading.  I have the EOL Hammer (percussion) variant on my enf toon that I want to trade (for the Deep Impact [concussion] or Kickback [low-yield] eol) but I'm not the most trusting person.

Alright, there's two false things being said in this thread; 1. No support does not give premium accounts priority in answering tickets (where do these ideas even come from?) 2. Cooldowns are gone, every has the 50% time prem used to give you

I have prem as a max rank firstly for money, even if legendaries aren't great and I have plenty of Armas guns, saving up for them is a good end game goal of sorts, of course also to support LO and thirdly so I can have access to full customization, so it's definitely worth having it at max for me

1 hour ago, fragmeister said:

You know there is a trading system implemented by LO right ? Its 100% safe and easy. 

Really?  Dang.  Do you have a link to a site that explains it?

50 minutes ago, Acornie said:

Alright, there's two false things being said in this thread; 1. No support does not give premium accounts priority in answering tickets (where do these ideas even come from?) 2. Cooldowns are gone, every has the 50% time prem used to give you

1) I believe the support priority was from years ago, prior to LO.  I'm talking back in 2011 or so.  My memory could be faulty, mind you.

2) This USED to be a thing.  That I definitely remember.

4 hours ago, LewdLemming said:

Really?  Dang.  Do you have a link to a site that explains it?

Someone made a really good and short video about it.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Acornie said:

Alright, there's two false things being said in this thread;

1. No support does not give premium accounts priority in answering tickets (where do these ideas even come from?)

2. Cooldowns are gone, every has the 50% time prem used to give you

Adding another voice to confirm the statements in @Acornie 's post being the case now.

There's currently really only the APB$ increase and customization limit removal features. Whether that's worth the monthly cost for you is entirely your own discretion.

According to the recent announcement, premium will also boost the new JT reward from missions. Based on the wording, there might not be a limit on the premium boosted JT.

1 hour ago, Kevkof said:

Someone made a really good and short video about it.

NIce. Thanks. Had no idea about the trading system and this little vid is quite informative.

On 9/17/2019 at 1:10 PM, LewdLemming said:

didn't they lower the cooldown on all mods and make that standard or does premium still lower it even more?

Well, according to hexerin, they lowered the cooldown and made it standard for everyone.  Doesn't make sense to me.

4 minutes ago, LewdLemming said:

Well, according to hexerin, they lowered the cooldown and made it standard for everyone.  Doesn't make sense to me.

theyre going to try to push the 'cosmetic only' approach with premium in an attempt to get people to play the game

tbh unless prem gets something more to it, it isnt worth it. i can spend 5 bucks for a month of prem just to customize my character for that month, then after my chara is customized with all the outfits i can just not buy more prem time

• Like 1

maybe after matt fix the game and put EU3.5
as to what im saying...maybe in the future its worth having it

On 9/17/2019 at 1:10 PM, LewdLemming said:

they got rid of/ are planning on getting rid of the cooldown feature and equalizing mod timers across the board. The only benefit premium will have, is likely that "replacement" and customizations

3 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

they got rid of/ are planning on getting rid of the cooldown feature and equalizing mod timers across the board. The only benefit premium will have, is likely that "replacement" and customizations

Seems to me the wrong way to go.   You take away all the "benefits" of prem, you lose the income source.

I read the transcript of the Q & A that Kevkoff was kind enough to do, and they said one of the things they were thinking of doing was adding more JTs for people with premium. But, to me that is not enough to make people continue buying premium.  😕