Bread514

2 factor authentication, old phone is dead.

This account is a throw away, as there is no other way to contact you guys aside from making a whole new account.
I've been playing APB for a long time on steam, but can't login because my old phone is broken to the point of no repair.
I have any information you guys would need to confirm I am who I say I am.

I just cannot access the Google Authentication on that phone, as I  dropped it, and the screen is entirely useless.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/T0asty514- My steam
Femt0ast - my toon on Jericho.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Good Morning

Your best bet is to contact support from this "throw away" account, be sure to provide them with all the information you can, they should be able to help you with your issue.

Information on support response times can be found here.

make sure you send in ownership verification with your original ticket, otherwise you're looking at a month response time just for them to ask for it and then another month before they verify and respond to your ticket

i gave support the account email, the account creation date, and 3 armas transaction IDs (which can be found in the confirmation emails you receive from g1 after purchasing g1c)

if you've never bought g1c then im not sure what else you would use as confirmation tbh

Hi there,

Even if you cannot log into the support site, you can also email support@gamersfirst.com to open a ticket.

Thanks,

Matt

• Thanks 2

Just wanted to hop in and offer the suggestion for players to use Authy instead of Google Authenticator for 2fa so these situations can be avoided. 

With Authy if your phone is lost, stolen, broken, or simply replaced, you can download the app on another device, establish your identity and Bam! you are ready to go. 

• Like 1

I think you can move the authenticator data to new phone with titanium backup too. Unsure if you need root for newer androids since I use ye olde android builds.

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Just wanted to hop in and offer the suggestion for players to use Authy instead of Google Authenticator for 2fa so these situations can be avoided. 

With Authy if your phone is lost, stolen, broken, or simply replaced, you can download the app on another device, establish your identity and Bam! you are ready to go. 

I want to second this, I started using Authy as an alternative, broke my phone less than a month later, and was set up from my new phone in like a half hour.

8 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

Even if you cannot log into the support site, you can also email support@gamersfirst.com to open a ticket.

Thanks,

Matt

This really needs more visibility, it's one of those things that are almost completely forgotten about in this day and age. Pretty much every support desk across every company has this functionality.