MattScott

New Mission Joker Ticket Reward system

better would ahve been removing the cap from the threat of the character and put it into the threat of the district they are played. would be a tiny motivator to go to higher threeted districts.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2019 at 3:10 PM, LilyV3 said:

better would ahve been removing the cap from the threat of the character and put it into the threat of the district they are played. would be a tiny motivator to go to higher threeted districts.

but with the upcoming phase district system, districts won't have threats

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 11:27 AM, Skjeag said:

but with the upcoming phase district system, districts won't have threats

thats still a good bunch of time to come by until it happens. We wouldn't even need a threat color based payout at all, the only reason this can have is to prevent people from dethreating, But i doubt some JT's would be a good motivator anyways.

Rewarding 10 jt after losing and then 1 jt after winning seems right...right? i know this is still a beta,but i would like that kind of random thing gets fixed.

42 minutes ago, blackaceRD said:

Rewarding 10 jt after losing and then 1 jt after winning seems right...right? i know this is still a beta,but i would like that kind of random thing gets fixed.

It's not supposed to be easy to get free items that you would normally have to spend real $ on. 

Just be glad you can do it at all. 

18 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

It's not supposed to be easy to get free items that you would normally have to spend real $ on. 

Just be glad you can do it at all. 

Not his point. He insinuates that it should generally be more rewarding when winning.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Not his point. He insinuates that it should generally be more rewarding when winning.

That wouldn't be too fair for less skilled players. 

It would also be exploitable. 

Random is the only way to do it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

That wouldn't be too fair for less skilled players. 

It would also be exploitable. 

Random is the only way to do it. 

Taking into consideration that phasing should lead to more equal matchups and more balanced w/l ratios I don't see it as such a huge problem.

Exploitable? No different to the current system. Could be sth. like 1-6 when losing and 4-10 when winning because the example from @blackaceRD also leads to negative player experiences.

4 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Taking into consideration that phasing should lead to more equal matchups and more balanced w/l ratios I don't see it as such a huge problem.

Exploitable? No different to the current system. Could be sth. like 1-6 when losing and 4-10 when winning because the example from @blackaceRD also leads to negative player experiences.

Pre phasing all you'd need to do is hit up an empty district and you and your friends just take turns losing on the first stage. 

You could just print JT. 

Post phasing would be a different situation, that's a good point. 

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Pre phasing all you'd need to do is hit up an empty district and you and your friends just take turns losing on the first stage. 

You could just print JT. 

Post phasing would be a different situation, that's a good point. 

there’s a daily cap for a reason

26 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

You could just print JT. 

[...]

Yeah, like I said that's pretty much already possible, so?

20 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Yeah, like I said that's pretty much already possible, so?

Now it's random. Yeah u could do it all day and maybe get nothing. 

45 minutes ago, Solamente said:

there’s a daily cap for a reason

The cap is there for exploit control yes. 

You'll never even come close to hitting it without some form of exploit. 

Iirc people have been averaging less than 1 JT per mission. 

Edited by CookiePuss

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

[...]

Iirc people have been averaging less than 1 JT per mission. 

And that will very likely be tweaked in the future. They set a cap so they had a general idea how much they wanted to allow and so far it does not add up.

Edited by TheJellyGoo

11 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

And that will very likely be tweaked in the future. They set a cap so they had a general idea how much they wanted to allow and so far it does not add up.

I don't think tha'ts correct. The limit is just in case they've missed a possible exploit.

They do not plan to give away that many JT a day, ever.

I base this off of the fact that they already know that you cannot reach the limit through normal gameplay.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, blackaceRD said:

That actually makes perfect sense, it's like a comforting hug for sore losers. Anyway, I have to agree with Cookie, it should stay as it is, a random reward.

The only issue with the Joker Tickets at the moment is the distribution on lower levels due the shared reward pool.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

I don't think tha'ts correct. The limit is just in case they've missed a possible exploit.

They do not plan to give away that many JT a day, ever.

I base this off of the fact that they already know that you cannot reach the limit through normal gameplay.

Fair enough. In the end we will probably get something in the middle. Upped rewards and lower cap.

1 minute ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Fair enough. In the end we will probably get something in the middle.

Agreed.

Cookie is still right, what would prevent 4 buddies from just making 2 vs 2 matchups in an empty district (until phasing comes this just will happen and be possible) and do afk one step missions, or just elt one side win by rushing through the objectives (depending on the mission and which would be faster).

That is pretty exploitable, and if anything was teached by the APB community: if It IS exploitable it will be exploited.

4 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

Cookie is still right, what would prevent 4 buddies from just making 2 vs 2 matchups in an empty district (until phasing comes this just will happen and be possible) and do afk one step missions, or just elt one side win by rushing through the objectives (depending on the mission and which would be faster).

That is pretty exploitable, and if anything was teached by the APB community: if It IS exploitable it will be exploited.

because there's a cap

59 minutes ago, Solamente said:

because there's a cap

and that's still not a reason to not optimize joker ticket farming on multiple chars as fats as possible. this cap is no prevention form exploiting it.

2 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

and that's still not a reason to not optimize joker ticket farming on multiple chars as fats as possible. this cap is no prevention form exploiting it.

if orbit doesn't want players to reach 200 JT per day from mission rewards then they should have implemented a lower cap, that's all there really is to it imo

there's not really an exploit here, or at least no more than ramraiding in an empty district - if players really want to spend up to 2 months farming in an empty district i see no reason why that's a problem

• Like 1

Just ban them - lol. What even is the issue here. The numbers we talk about would be an incredible tedious exploit that is easy to spot.

13 weeks of grinding for 1 gun.

Cool system dude.