MattScott

New Mission Joker Ticket Reward system

5 hours ago, Clowbber said:

Well, why ? why this toothpick? for hara-kiri? delete it please. I pray  😭😭😭😭😭😭

hUeWErWoLq8.jpg

the dagger is there so you can perform seppuku after getting pwn'd by a bronze

6 hours ago, Clowbber said:

Well, why ? why this toothpick? for hara-kiri? delete it please. I pray  😭😭😭😭😭😭

P.S.  Sry. I'm not very good at Photoshop (not good at all. I use it once every 5 years), but I'm sure it's better.

Might as well make a odachi out of it if its going to be worn on the back.

5 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

players which dont play on theyr own threat dist. must have JT reduction like 50% or better - down to 0

i want to correct myself(cause greens/new players gonna be in trouble like that)Players which play on dist. below theyr threat dist. must have dat reduction.If u play on ur own threat dist.(or above)no reduction.Like that most golds will prefere(probably)to play on gold dist.,silvers on silver,bronzes and greens-on bronze.At least is good stimulation to stop dethreating

Edited by TheMessiah

12 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Good to know, I'll spread the word when these missions come up and see how it pans out. That being said, that's not always a feasible option, as those storefront objectives can sometimes be in locations that cars can't reach (or would take so much effort and time, the enforcers could take their leisurely time stopping them).

Most of the time when an enforcer abuses this glitch, they also park their pioneer in front of it, which makes it hard to get enough momentum to crash into both the vehicle and the window.

Matt back at it again with another good one

On 9/17/2019 at 5:14 AM, MattScott said:

Just to make things interesting, we have two extra rewards that can sometimes pop up if you haven't reached your Daily Cap in the Weapon Prototype Districts

The population on those servers is extremely low (8 over 4 districts atm) and there's already 2 rage aimbotters in collecting their precious rewards without any district supervision of a GM. I see you thought this one through...

Edited by Spy

18 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Incentive to actually try and gain higher threat, which this game desperately needs. Currently, it's an active detriment to be gold threat, and that's just terrible design.

Agree, to a degree. They should still have wins be more productive than losses, to incentivize actually trying to win missions. There's two ways they can do this:

• Wins reward 10 JT, while losses only reward 5 JT.
  • Wins always reward 10 JT, while losses only have a 50% chance to reward 10 JT.

Obviously replace the amounts of JT with the appropriate amounts based on how they adjust the system's payouts and caps.

Just to see more tryhards striving for their trivial goals? 

Oh wow. Woooooow.

96b2a27dbae30c3a09c30eb500fae9f7.jpg

Not only is the reward a random mess, it's also distributed through the consumable reward slot. This means if you get JT, you don't get consumables.

This is absolute garbage. What even the fuck.

1 minute ago, Hexerin said:

Oh wow. Woooooow.

96b2a27dbae30c3a09c30eb500fae9f7.jpg

Not only is the reward a random mess, it's also distributed through the consumable reward slot. This means if you get JT, you don't get consumables.

This is absolute garbage. What even the fuck.

U lucky i got 1 JT in 3 missions..wtf that even means.Looks like this is another diamond in the crown of LO

I honestly like the changes they making, JT's need to be balanced overtime, that's for sure.

Edited by Guest

I've played over 15 games and I haven't passed 13 JT yet, it's not even worth it.

Edited by Spy
  • Thanks 2

Not bad, now restore old login screen 😄

Every any other game copyed it after 2011.

Cause:

1. Is a marvellous mode for see our characters as presentation. I like see My char as the superstar of game.
  2. Music is nice and chill, also the pose is relaxing for eyes. I like be relaxed.
  3. Is much better than see 4 vs 4 kamikaze around an Armored car flipped by some noob driver.
  4. Every veteran love it.
  5. Every new will love it.
  6. I love it.
  7. Are you still reading??? go to swap the login screen , now!
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Spy said:

I've played over 15 games and I haven't passed 13 JT yet, it's not even worth it.

It is 13 JTs that you wouldn't have gotten prior to this patch.

I don't get what everyone is bitching about.  LO heard everyone squawking about slow JT accumulation (and I include myself in the squawking mass) and came back with an attempt at answering the apb community with multiple ways of getting JTs.

Sure, maybe one or two of the methods may need tweaking, but at least you know that the LO staff ARE paying attention.  I suspect it will be a process kind of like the new weapon districts where over time they figure out the "right mix".  Til then, I respectfully say "hold on to your horses and enjoy the ride."

Literally announced it as subject to change yet instead of presenting it as helpful criticism some people decide to start screeching like monkeys...

9 hours ago, LewdLemming said:

It is 13 JTs that you wouldn't have gotten prior to this patch.

I don't get what everyone is bitching about.

It's sugarcoating, the amount of time you have to put into this is way to much. People who have jobs and who have not that much time to play aren't gaining that much from it. Making every opposed mission worth 10 JT is a good start in 'fixing' the issue. The RND as it is now is just proper bs, plain and simple.

Edited by Spy

I love this idea and I'm sure you'll balance it better as time goes on
I'm not complaining, this is only a pro, but I'll compare the JTs you could get weekly before and after this patch

Before:
Asylum Bronze 50JT
Asylum Silver 150JT
Asylum Gold 200JT
Baylan Bronze 50JT

Baylan Silver 150JT

Baylan Gold 200JT
Boss Tier Daily Activity 7 x 25JT
Tier 5 Daily Activity 7 x 2 x 20JT
Tier 4 Daily Activity 7 x 2 x 15JT
Weekly maximum: 1465JT

Now:
Same as before, 1465JT plus average JT earned by new system
What do we take as average? According to my own experience and what I heard from other, with this system you average 1-2JT per mission. I have played 16 missions today and got 14JT in total so I'm even below this average. Let's say you still play the same amount of time as before. To complete 5 Daily Activities maybe you played 10 missions total. These missions would have given you around 15JT. Throughout the whole week this is 95JT
New Weekly Average: 1560JT

My point is that the increase in JT obtained is barely above 5%. Which is too little to even consider. I know I "made up" some numbers like the JT average or the missions an average player plays per day, but I don't think they're that far off.
Those caps are weird too. Averaging 1.5JT a mission, to get to the 200JT cap you would have to play more than 120 missions. In a day. Why does that cap even exist? Either they messed up the drop rates/the amount of JT given or I have spoken to a lot of unlucky people.

• Like 1

Nice update @MattScott

You're not going to please everyone but for the majority this is a nice little touch to the game.

3 hours ago, IS2APBR said:

I'm not complaining, this is only a pro, but I'll compare the JTs you could get weekly before and after this patch

Before:
Asylum Bronze 50JT
Asylum Silver 150JT
Asylum Gold 200JT
Baylan Bronze 50JT

Baylan Silver 150JT

Baylan Gold 200JT

Now:
What do we take as average? According to my own experience and what I heard from other, with this system you average 1-2JT per mission. I have played 16 missions today and got 14JT in total so I'm even below this average. Let's say you still play the same amount of time as before. To complete 5 Daily Activities maybe you played 10 missions total. These missions would have given you around 15JT. Throughout the whole week this is 95JT

My point is that the increase in JT obtained is barely above 5%. Which is too little to even consider. I know I "made up" some numbers like the JT average or the missions an average player plays per day, but I don't think they're that far off.
Those caps are weird too. Averaging 1.5JT a mission, to get to the 200JT cap you would have to play more than 120 missions. In a day. Why does that cap even exist? Either they messed up the drop rates/the amount of JT given or I have spoken to a lot of unlucky people.

It would make more sense if JTs were account wide

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Spy said:

It's sugarcoating, the amount of time you have to put into this is way to much. People who have jobs and who have not that much time to play aren't gaining that much from it. Making every opposed mission worth 10 JT is a good start in 'fixing' the issue. The RND as it is now is just proper bs, plain and simple.

IMO, if they provide too many JTs, then they might as well just give ARMAS weapons to everyone.

There won't be any sense of "I worked hard for this" by grinding for something you really want.  It will just be more "gimme, gimme, gimme".

Plus, basically handing everyone JTs will end up hurting LO as I would think less people would be spending money to buy weapons on ARMAS.

Granted, I am not sure the income split between purchases of weapons over vehicles and clothing, but I would think it would still have an impact.  Less money coming in = less work being done on the game.

1 hour ago, Clandestine said:

It would make more sense if JTs were account wide

One possible "fix" for this would be to add JTs to the list of items that can be traded between players.

On 9/16/2019 at 8:14 PM, MattScott said:

But rest assured that we will continue adding more permanent character items to the Joker Store and more cosmetic account level items in ARMAS.

that got my attention more than anything.

i love customization on apb and hope it grows

As a casual gamer I don't see how 0-10 JT / average 1 per game affects me?

If the idea was to increase participation (rather than to make APB afull-time job for people blessed with unemployment) - then it should be 2 games daily with 20 guaranteed tickets, with 100 weekly cap or whatever. And then daily 2 mission bonus is depleted - make it 1 ticket per game for those blessed with unemployment, till weekly cap is depleted.

Edited by Letter

8 hours ago, IS2APBR said:

Before:
Asylum Bronze 50JT
Asylum Silver 150JT
Asylum Gold 200JT
Baylan Bronze 50JT

Baylan Silver 150JT

Baylan Gold 200JT

Now:

for 5-6 missions I got 10 JT / 0JT / 7JT / 0JT / 2JT / 1JT

2 hours ago, Letter said:

As a casual gamer I don't see how 0-10 JT / average 1 per game affects me?

If the idea was to increase participation (rather than to make APB afull-time job for people blessed with unemployment) - then it should be 2 games daily with 20 guaranteed tickets, with 100 weekly cap or whatever. And then daily 2 mission bonus is depleted - make it 1 ticket per game for those blessed with unemployment, till weekly cap is depleted.

Keep in mind that this is on top of the JTs you get via the daily activities and fight club, etc.

Edited by LewdLemming

Hm. Maybe finally I have some excuse to even play action after all.