MattScott

New Mission Joker Ticket Reward system

Hi all,

Since we took over, I've been pretty vocal about the F2P implementation of APB. Aside from reducing ARMAS prices and balancing the value of G1C, I have always felt that we also needed to finish what Reloaded started.

The changes to the Joker Store were a step in the right direction, but effective Wednesday, September 18th, we will start giving out Joker Tickets as rewards for opposed missions.

For the longest time, players have only been able to earn JTs from events, Daily Activities and Fight Club. Now regular Free-to-play players will have a repeatable method for earning permanent items within the primary method of gameplay.

As you can imagine, we're approaching this fairly conservatively, so please know that all of these values are subject to change as we collect more data.

Here is how this system will work:

1) Regular Mission Districts

Opposed missions in Financial and Waterfront will offer a random chance to win from 0-10 Joker Tickets. You need to participate and complete the mission to be eligible, but you do not have to win. There is a Daily Cap to how many Regular Mission JTs you can earn, which is based on your highest threat level reached that day.

The Regular Mission District Daily Caps are:

Training - 0
Green - 100
Bronze - 100
Silver - 150
Gold - 200

This means that you can cap out at Silver, but if you reach Gold then you can earn 50 more that day.

2) Weapon Prototype Districts

In addition to the Regular Missions, players can also receive 1-10 Joker Tickets from doing opposed missions in our Weapon Prototype Districts. This doesn't sound like a big difference from Regular Mission Districts, but during our internal development, we were able to rack up tickets a lot faster.

Weapon Prototype Districts have their own Daily Cap and track the JTs earned separately from the JTs earned in Regular Mission Districts. The Daily Cap for these districts is a flat 200 for everyone.

Just to make things interesting, we have two extra rewards that can sometimes pop up if you haven't reached your Daily Cap in the Weapon Prototype Districts:

• Weapon Prototype Boxes. Players can open these to reveal a temporary random Legendary for them to try with limited ammo.
  • A very rare 250 one-time JT reward. This wont count against your Daily Cap.

Once you have reached your Daily Cap, you can still earn Weapon Prototype Boxes.

3) Future Premium Bonus

We're going to watch the numbers, but sometime in the future we would like to add a bonus for players with Premium. This will be a guaranteed amount of JTs per mission that is added to the random reward.

There are still more changes coming. We have a new design to address the gambling issues with Joker Mystery Boxes, and a potential new way for Legendaries to be collected. But rest assured that we will continue adding more permanent character items to the Joker Store and more cosmetic account level items in ARMAS.

In fact, you'll see some new ARMAS items in this week's patch as well.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 29
  • Thanks 21

hey, nice to whoever thought of making JT part of mission win rewards. interesting mechanic with the threat level cap, but i still feel that is negligble enough to where players would still rather prefer opposition over JTs.

Well, we've all been clamoring for new ways to earn JTs and here we go!  Thanks a bunch!

Seems like a well thought out solution, especially the higher caps the higher threat level you are. 

The only thing I might modify would be to make the caps per threat designation server.  So the 150 cap for silver would only be if you are playing in the silver threat server.  The 200 cap for gold ... only in the gold threat server.  IMO, this should help populate the gold servers which are currently empty all the time.

Plus, I like that random 250 JT bonus as an extra perk.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

awesome. Thanks for making the game a bit fairer for F2Ps.

They might be ' freeloaders ' but they populate your matchmaking pools, people...

neat, ill still play fc though due to the fact that very few players will play in Gold.

@MattScott This seems unreal TBH.  Wont this put a BIG dent in the business ? Considering the fact we can earn all armas weapons from JT store ?  But from a customer standpoint, we really appreciate this move. GG !!!! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, fragmeister said:

@MattScott This seems unreal TBH.  Wont this put a BIG dent in the business ? Considering the fact we can earn all armas weapons from JT store ?  But from a customer standpoint, we really appreciate this move. GG !!!! 

I'd presume the type of player who was purchasing Armas items beforehand will continue to do so, regardless of the options provided by the Joker Store.

This incentive is more aimed at those F2P players who will never spend anything (or very little) on the game as a way to ensure they don't feel forgotten or to boost engagement.

• Like 1

now that this game is more "F2P" (it was never p2w imo), except for guns like euryale..

LO needs to earn more money somehow.. my idea is:

new reskin CARS (for example, a new muscle car (vegas reskin)

new sport/coupe car (bishada reskin)

new clotthing

new reskin guns ( a lot more reskin guns, these are cosmetic items that all games are implementing).

prizes should be like:

if you already own a n tec (account wide) , all n tec reskins (account wide) should be very cheap, somewhere between 500-1000g1c.

Edited by Uhtdred

3 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

now that this game is more "F2P" (it was never p2w imo), except for guns like euryale..

LO needs to earn more money somehow.. my idea is:

new reskin CARS (for example, a new muscle car (vegas reskin)

new sport/coupe car (bishada reskin)

new clotthing

new reskin guns ( a lot more reskin guns, these are cosmetic items that all games are implementing).

prizes should be like:

if you already own a n tec (account wide) , all n tec reskins (account wide) should be very cheap, somewhere between 500-1000g1c.

no.

stop it with the reskins. make something new...

if we get another muscle car and it's gonna be a vegas reskin I'm gonna flip my shit... I want new content, not recycled content.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wew, 200 a day (+ potentially 250 more) per day is insane.

Do you guys not like money? This seems like a very questionable decision from a development point of view.

@MattScott @Lixil this is great and all but you need to rework the JT from FC as well otherwise thats going to remain dead. Lets not repeat the same mistakes made with riot and make a mode completely pointless to play. I would recommend raising the weekly amount you get from FC like this and bringing contacts to both Asylum and Baylan where they offer rewards exclusive to playing these modes to further a reason to play FC.

Bronze: 100

Silver: 250

Gold: 500

12 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Do you guys not like money? This seems like a very questionable decision from a development point of view.

0-10 (and subject to change) JT drops are a lot of missions. Healthy pop can also be a way to revitalize the game and generate revenue.

thumbs up (I would change it to current threat level though. so dethreaters don't profit from it)

Edited by TheJellyGoo
  • Like 1

This should be a thing when JT were released.

13 minutes ago, GhosT said:

200 per day is minimum 20 missions. It's random so it's likely 30-40 missions or more to reach the cap. I don't know anyone who would play APB that much in 2019.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, GhosT said:

well you'd have to play a lot of missions to reach that number considering that it's RNG between 0 and 10 JT... even if you're lucky and get 10 JT every mission, you'd have to play 20 missions to max out... (so 40 missions average, if the dropchances are evened out)... usually a mission lasts ~15 mins average, which means you'd have to play ~5 hours a day and be VERY lucky to get 10 JT every mission (average would be 10 hours a day if you earn 5 JT every match) that's a lot of playtime... barely anyone plays that much a day...

anyway, I'd like to know if the dropchances between 0 and 10 JT are the same across the board... also, what are the chances of the 250 jackpot dropping? I sure hope it's rare AF...

Matt alot of people are broke or under the age to have a job to spend money would it be possible to add some single items to the JT store for half the price or same as price of guns for example 
elbow pads 1k joker tickets 

skateboard 3k joker tickets 

vr beanie 2k

snood 2k

harlem 2k 

full packs for like 10-15k or whatever

it would be nice but again if not needed that's fine 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Since we took over, I've been pretty vocal about the F2P implementation of APB. Aside from reducing ARMAS prices and balancing the value of G1C, I have always felt that we also needed to finish what Reloaded started.

The changes to the Joker Store were a step in the right direction, but effective Wednesday, September 18th, we will start giving out Joker Tickets as rewards for opposed missions.

For the longest time, players have only been able to earn JTs from events, Daily Activities and Fight Club. Now regular Free-to-play players will have a repeatable method for earning permanent items within the primary method of gameplay.

As you can imagine, we're approaching this fairly conservatively, so please know that all of these values are subject to change as we collect more data.

Here is how this system will work:

1) Regular Mission Districts

Opposed missions in Financial and Waterfront will offer a random chance to win from 0-10 Joker Tickets. You need to participate and complete the mission to be eligible, but you do not have to win. There is a Daily Cap to how many Regular Mission JTs you can earn, which is based on your highest threat level reached that day.

The Regular Mission District Daily Caps are:

Training - 0
Green - 100
Bronze - 100
Silver - 150
Gold - 200

This means that you can cap out at Silver, but if you reach Gold then you can earn 50 more that day.

2) Weapon Prototype Districts

In addition to the Regular Missions, players can also receive 1-10 Joker Tickets from doing opposed missions in our Weapon Prototype Districts. This doesn't sound like a big difference from Regular Mission Districts, but during our internal development, we were able to rack up tickets a lot faster.

Weapon Prototype Districts have their own Daily Cap and track the JTs earned separately from the JTs earned in Regular Mission Districts. The Daily Cap for these districts is a flat 200 for everyone.

Just to make things interesting, we have two extra rewards that can sometimes pop up if you haven't reached your Daily Cap in the Weapon Prototype Districts:

• Weapon Prototype Boxes. Players can open these to reveal a temporary random Legendary for them to try with limited ammo.
  • A very rare 250 one-time JT reward. This wont count against your Daily Cap.

Once you have reached your Daily Cap, you can still earn Weapon Prototype Boxes.

3) Future Premium Bonus

We're going to watch the numbers, but sometime in the future we would like to add a bonus for players with Premium. This will be a guaranteed amount of JTs per mission that is added to the random reward.

There are still more changes coming. We have a new design to address the gambling issues with Joker Mystery Boxes, and a potential new way for Legendaries to be collected. But rest assured that we will continue adding more permanent character items to the Joker Store and more cosmetic account level items in ARMAS.

In fact, you'll see some new ARMAS items in this week's patch as well.

Thanks,
Matt

What happens to daily activities? I hope they ll get removed otherwise it wouldnt make any sense ;o

56 minutes ago, Lord Cashpoint said:

I'd presume the type of player who was purchasing Armas items beforehand will continue to do so, regardless of the options provided by the Joker Store.

You would be correct, at least speaking in regards to myself. ARMAS provides permanent account-bound options, which are always going to be more attractive to me than permanent character-bound options. However, the availability of JT perms gives me something I didn't have before; A method to trial a weapon on a more extended basis, with the bonus of keeping the weapon after the trial even if I never end up purchasing it account-bound from ARMAS.

It's a win for free players, and a win for paid players. It's also a win for Little Orbit, on multiple levels.

4 minutes ago, Warflame said:

What happens to daily activities? I hope they ll get removed otherwise it wouldnt make any sense ;o

This new feature is in addition to / supplementing daily activities, already confirmed a while ago.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, D4rkplayer said:

Matt alot of people are broke or under the age to have a job to spend money would it be possible to add some single items to the JT store for half the price or same as price of guns for example 
elbow pads 1k joker tickets 

skateboard 3k joker tickets 

vr beanie 2k

snood 2k

harlem 2k 

full packs for like 10-15k or whatever

it would be nice but again if not needed that's fine 

I agree with the idea of putting small 99g1c items; gear like knee and elbow pads, headphones etc. like how the canvas high tops are there already. However they still need to make money from Armas somehow so being able to get entire packs is a bit much to ask

3 minutes ago, Acornie said:

However they still need to make money from Armas somehow so being able to get entire packs is a bit much to ask

For packs and bundles, they could put them up at a high premium due to being such a huge funding source. Add together the normal JT price that each item in the pack/bundle would cost, and then double (or triple) that total amount. Players can still grind up to them if they want, but the premium price would incentivize going through ARMAS instead.

4 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

For packs and bundles, they could put them up at a high premium due to being such a huge funding source. Add together the normal JT price that each item in the pack/bundle would cost, and then double (or triple) that total amount. Players can still grind up to them if they want, but the premium price would incentivize going through ARMAS instead.

The huge funding source are the gambling boxes (otherwise called JMBs) that house all the legendary guns