XxxRedHoodxxX

Team killing needs removed

Ok so today I was yet again trying to just play the game and I end up getting triple team killed by my so called teamates. After the they continued to shoot up my car and at me, I called them out on being team killers, then they began making fun of my combat skill, like we actually played  against one another? Like where is the logic here?? Why is team shooting even a thing? Like grow up kids... It's pathetic that a guy like me can't just enjoy a game anymore without these new age kids ruining my gaming experience.. also I know the gamer tags of the individuals whom team kill me for no reason. Wether you're jelous or bored dosent undermine a reason to shoot teamates.. either play the game or go else where but please STOP ruining other players gaming experiences with your team killing triple stack...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just make a /report and move on.

It sucks, but that's all you can really do.

Players DO get banned for this behavior, so just be patient.

Edited by CookiePuss

you can't just remove team killing, because that would mean removing friendly fire and friendly fire is an important balancing mechanic

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, XxxRedHoodxxX said:

Lmao how is friendly fire a "balance" mechanic?!? 

the (apparently not) immediately obvious issue is being able to spam explosives at any cqc fight without having to worry about tk's

but the threat of friendly fire is also very useful when facing multiple enemies, assuming you understand how to position correctly it helps you control how many people are shooting you at once

Edited by Solamente
typo
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, XxxRedHoodxxX said:

Why is team shooting even a thing?

I'm pretty sure TK'ing isn't ment to kill your teammates on purpose. Knowing that you can TK and that you'll be kicked if you do it to much is a great reason for a normal player to change his/her tactics from spay-and-pray to a more tactical approach for the objective. TK doesn't need to be removed, it's fine as it is.

Just take a break, take a deeep breath, and go back to game. U cant just remove all the core mechanics of this game just becouse u get mad once a while.

Team killing being enabled is great balance tool - every game I saw it disabled on it turned into "who got more players" or "who can deal most damage at the same time" fest.

10 hours ago, XxxRedHoodxxX said:

Ok so today I was yet again trying to just play the game and I end up getting triple team killed by my so called teamates. After the they continued to shoot up my car and at me, I called them out on being team killers, then they began making fun of my combat skill, like we actually played  against one another? Like where is the logic here?? Why is team shooting even a thing? Like grow up kids... It's pathetic that a guy like me can't just enjoy a game anymore without these new age kids ruining my gaming experience.. also I know the gamer tags of the individuals whom team kill me for no reason. Wether you're jelous or bored dosent undermine a reason to shoot teamates.. either play the game or go else where but please STOP ruining other players gaming experiences with your team killing triple stack...

Then I should have gone mad a long time ago because of this "mechanics".
Take a deep breath and keep playing.

If you remove tking from the game, spamming will just get worse because there would be no risk of killing teammates. What you are describing is griefing. Report them. If they keep it up and get enough reports, they will get banned. Nothing else you can do.

20 hours ago, XxxRedHoodxxX said:

Lmao how is friendly fire a "balance" mechanic?!? 

because spamming guns grenades and car bombs with no repercussions is a horrible idea in a game that needs balance for fun gameplay

Friendly fire is an important and very interesting part of apb. it makes game more fun i would hate it if it gets removed.

You got a problem with friendly fire then you got a problem with me and I suggest you let that marinate.

Team killing is necessary at times.  I have had team mates run while holding the objectives just to be an patootie, mean while we are at the drop off, or team mates that unknowingly hold the objectives and keep running around killing opponents.

I found it to be a non-issue unless there is a team mate intentionally team killing and that is fixed by the auto kick system.

Edited by illgot