Sign in to follow this  
Frosi

Battleye will negatively impact your frame rate if you run programs to monitor your temperatures.

So after messing around on OTW earlier, I noticed that because of the nature of Battleye some Temperature monitoring programs such as CAM or Corsair Link will have a fairly high CPU usage as they're constantly trying read out your Temperatures while Battleye doesn't allow them to. The best way to check if you're affected by this is simply opening your Task Manager and checking for programs using an unnecessary amount of CPU (Mine were usually sitting at roughly 12-15%) and simply closing them while you're playing APB. 

Edit: Turns out you can fix this by updating these programs to the newest version. My point still stands tho, if you happen to have fewer frames after the update, check these programs to see if they're causing unnecessary CPU load.

Edited by Frosi
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Glad that i don‘t use any temp software 😛

16 minutes ago, Frosi said:

So after messing around on OTW earlier, I noticed that because of the nature of Battleye some Temperature monitoring programs such as CAM or Corsair Link will have a fairly high CPU usage as they're constantly trying read out your Temperatures while Battleye doesn't allow them to. The best way to check if you're affected by this is simply opening your Task Manager and checking for programs using an unnecessary amount of CPU (Mine were usually sitting at roughly 12-15%) and simply closing them while you're playing APB. 

Thank you for letting us all know Frosi. I'm the kind of person who wouldn't download OTW and have to do 'testing' and deal with bugs and what-not, so i genuinely appreciate you doing so for us, and also for coming here to let us know of the issues to be vigilant for and not just testing for yourself. Truly appreciate it.

EDIT:

I wonder if there's any impact with background programs that integrate themselves as an overlay such as Shadowplay? Anything from performance impact to clashing with BattlEye? Just asking to ask by the way, not requesting!

Edited by ShadowRider

2 minutes ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

This is silly, hope these programs can be excluded.

Stuff like this happens but I fully agree, if they can they should totally take a look at it and exclude programs such as CAM or Corsair Link.

9 minutes ago, ShadowRider said:

I wonder if there's any impact with background programs that integrate themselves as an overlay such as Shadowplay? Anything from performance impact to clashing with BattlEye? Just asking to ask by the way, not requesting!

I didn't notice any other programs other than those two causing any issues on my end. 

meh got a i7 and this game only uses 1 core anyway. enough room. But thanks for the tipz.

Edited by ZIKIN

Just now, ZIKIN said:

meh got a i7 and this game only uses 1 core anyway. enough room.

i7 2600k here, but it will load the core fully and cause bad framerate. Maybe you could get away with using Processor Affinity by not using the first core for APBprogram.

1 minute ago, ZIKIN said:

meh got a i7 and this game only uses 1 core anyway. enough room.

I'm on an i7 6700k and I noticed quite a drop in frames and increase in frame time. The game overall felt pretty choppy until I closed the programs.

Edited by Frosi

I'm lucky. I just have to look at my motherboard and it tells me my temperature.

Thankfully my 3rd corsair waterpump broke so I no longer have to run their godawful software anymore. Hunk of metal heatsink (noctua) plus a basic b***h temp reader is all I need.

Edited by Shini

24 minutes ago, Shini said:

Thankfully my 3rd corsair waterpump broke so I no longer have to run their godawful software anymore. Hunk of metal heatsink (noctua) plus a basic b***h temp reader is all I need.

3rd EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybird Gaming card with pump fails. Pump's are generally horrible. And because Asetek has a pattent on pump's there is no innovation there. (Thanks US legal)

My X62 Kraken is still fine tho (knock wood)

4 hours ago, Frosi said:

I was running OTW with 'Real Temp 3.70' on and it didn't seem to affect my game at all. I don't know if it's on a per user basis that this kind of thing happens, but maybe you can try out 'Real Temp' to monitor your temps instead of the ones you mentioned. 

Anyhow, thanks for the information.

Edit: If it matters, my cpu is an i7-5820k

Edited by Couth

This is where older AMD hardware shines, their stock coolers on both cpu's and gpu's are the best on the market, so you don't need any monitoring software

Edited by -Dan-

6 minutes ago, Couth said:

I was running OTW with 'Real Temp 3.70' on and it didn't seem to affect my game at all. I don't know if it's on a per user basis that this kind of thing happens, but maybe you can try out 'Real Temp' to monitor your temps instead of the ones you mentioned. 

It could be that some of these programs get locked in a cycle of refreshing the temperature read while others are coded in a way that doesn't get locked in that process after not being able to read temperatures for a few minutes.

• Like 1

MSI Afterburner My fan's crap i actually have to stop playing to let my pc cool down (turns off when it hits 113C*)

1 hour ago, Couth said:

I assume it's performance loss with the overlays, not the actual program. Regardless these programs have always been a performance loss.

I'm using HWiNFO. Doesn't seem to be affecting performance at the moment.

I don't seem to have any of such issues

FZC9Z7c.jpg

Edited by neophobia

Sign in to follow this