Sign in to follow this  
CookiePuss

I lieu of a new tutorial, might we see SPCM return for the "relaunch" with 3.5?

Just a thought I had while pooping. 

Maybe we could get a sizeable number of volunteers together to help with any new players who might stumble their way into our game?

Unofficial help is great, and I'm a big fan of it...

I'm just thinking how nice it'd be to have more than the occasional GM ( 🦄 ) to answer questions, at least during prime hours. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

man the spcm was garbage tbh

do we even need a new tutorial tbh? it definitely needs a more active portion but otherwise it’s fine 

that plus incoming matchmaking/threat/phasing changes will (hopefully) do wonders for new players

• Like 1

Surprisingly or not, there's already a fair amount of helpful people doing that, helping new players on daily basis, answering their questions, giving away in-game items, grouping with them and such.

You can go back to pooping, we need a new idea. 

That always seemed like a lazy attempt to fix this "how tf does this game work?" question every new player has, without the game really explaining anything.

Just bring back the old tutorial district and enhance it a little, give all kiosks tutorials and show players how mods and equipment work.

better to find a way how tutorials like this to get to new players more easily and not have to search forums all day for something like this

13 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

better to find a way how tutorials like this to get to new players more easily and not have to search forums all day for something like this

Shame on you for not linking the best "how to" video...

2 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

he can shove dat flag he knows where..=)

offended by a flag huh

but please, imagine having tutorial videos like this. who will sit through 10 minutes of some guy rambling about how to play the game...

i think the current tutorial could be good, if people would do it and read - for that, everything is too lengthy. and ofc it'd never teach strats.

Edited by neophobia

20 minutes ago, neophobia said:

offended by a flag huh

i guess u dont even know whats all that about..anyway

21 minutes ago, neophobia said:

but please, imagine having tutorial videos like this. who will sit through 10 minutes of some guy rambling about how to play the game...

i think the current tutorial could be good, if people would do it and read - for that, everything is too lengthy. and ofc it'd never teach strats.

dont have to be 10 min in 3 also can be done(if done well)and can be attouched when players start game/after create char etc(optional to whatch)Can be couple of videos by 2-3 min for different stuff(social,missions,FC etc)and no current tutorial not gonna work simply because people dont read this days specially something in video games thats lost cause

many people  new as well as veteran players over the years have noticed how players are tossed in district , and expects you to know how to even use the tutorial , to be able to use the tutorial to begin with.

If some tweaks were made to improve the tutorial mechanics as well as how it functions , like a special tutorial area even if its just a separate instance that starts up the tutorial more clearly , then it could be much more useful.

as it is most new players don't notice it and get stuck in action districts not having a clue what to do.

don't forget  translations for other languages in case that isn't done for it .

I don't know if it is or not I'm  just saying if its not that is needed too

@MattScott this is one of the reasons why I said before to not rule out instances , but if you think of something better by all means go for it.

I'm just posting ideas to contribute.

Edited by Fortune Runner