Sign in to follow this  
Qtw

Can we have private servers after its down?

i havent played inna while...but i'd love to have a private server for myself.

• Like 2

I'd love if LO would open source the original engine/code after the game closes, to make private servers a possibility. Especially since they say they're working on a new game. It'd allow the community to improve on the mistakes made by Icarus/G1.  Plus I could see the plethora of undiscovered/unimplemented items 

Nice to see your name back around btw

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Drake Dragoon said:

There are only 3 people online right now! Feels like a private server already =P

true, but its low pop because the game its current state isn't playable sustainably for new players and not being fun for old players (ontop of the billion other reasons). this in part due to icarus and G1 implementing things that wern't needed, and changed others that were. If they open source, we could fix that.

Edited by ItsHooli

These days, many successful games take advantage of community mods and partial open code to:

- shape the game the way the community wants it

- get free progress on the game coding and graphics without paying for full development

- retain a modding community of players that increase the overall player base

I agree that Community Mods would be great! But it would also be harder to implement than fixing stack splitting by itself - something that has proven to be too much to handle.

Sign in to follow this