Sign in to follow this  
foscor77

Copy Matchmaking mech from csgo?

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is the most successful online multiplayer shooter ever. Why not copy its matchmaking mechanism?

• Like 1

I have moved this thread to the Game Suggestions section of our forums. 

~@mayii

2 hours ago, darok70 said:

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is the most successful online multiplayer shooter ever. Why not copy its matchmaking mechanism?

changes in matchmaking will not do anything as Long as Players are dethreating to silver and playing in bronze Servers.

when i am playing in silver Servers while being silver, i mostly get matched against Players i cant kill because they are way to good for me.

Most of the silvers are not playing in silver Server because of that issue and that's why i think matchmaking changes will not help since

you will not get matched against someone with similar skilllevel

2 hours ago, darok70 said:

in which regard?

the ranks do get distributed similarly.

it just works better since there are way more players. (plus, while apb uses hidden subranks, they don't matched strictly - which is rather impossible in the current state)

and even then, people still complain about it and rather use faceit than official.

matchmaking(partially due to mm, partially due to better servers)

rank-ups seem random at times.

deathreating - downranking - is also a thing in csgo. there are sites dedicated to match people who want to downrank together as one team, lul. it might take longer than apb but it IS a thing. i'd love to see it prevented more in apb though.

5vs5 would suck in most missions imo - though i rather would have larger missions than the occasional 1vs1...

i know, backup and the likes are not too great (although they sometimes work out), however it could be good for later "balancing" during the mission (something impossible in csgo) and kinda compensated the low playercount per district and this flawed matching - if it would work well.

there is no "open world scrimmage" either in csgo, you just sit in main menu if you'd prefer that... uh... i suppose it's better to have a bigger matching pool since no one is split in districts - but i guess it could be about the same with phasing though.

that all being said, apb is way less competitive than csgo imo - and that's good.

i'd love better matchmaking but it doesn't seem as easy as "just use csgos mm"

i think the current could work okay with tweaks and phasing to increase the available playerpool.

Edited by neophobia

17 minutes ago, Kakalaki said:

changes in matchmaking will not do anything as Long as Players are dethreating to silver and playing in bronze Servers.

when i am playing in silver Servers while being silver, i mostly get matched against Players i cant kill because they are way to good for me.

Most of the silvers are not playing in silver Server because of that issue and that's why i think matchmaking changes will not help since

you will not get matched against someone with similar skilllevel

From what i know theres no threat system in csgo. So we can just remove threat system. its useless anyway. 

10 hours ago, darok70 said:

From what i know theres no threat system in csgo. So we can just remove threat system. its useless anyway. 

csgo has ranks though

it's just a different name lmao

silver 1 2 3 4 elite elite master -> bronze

gn 1 2 3 4 mg1 mg2 mge (double ak) -> silver to low golds

dmg le lem supreme global -> high gold

ideally.

apb has... 15 (hidden) subranks/threats per actual threat, right?

Edited by neophobia

7 hours ago, darok70 said:

Haha thats true