Weapon Category Rebalance Opinion  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What weapon category would you say needs rebalancing the most?

• Shotguns
    • SMGs
    • Assault Rifles (N-TEC 5, Star etc)
    • LMGs
    • Rifles (CR762, OBIR etc)
    • High Velocity Rifles (Snipers)
    • Explosives
    • Less Than Lethal
    • Secondaries

For those that missed the Q&A, one point that Matt raised up was the fact that this week the N-TEC 5 would be one of the next targets of rebalancing. With that in mind, what weapon category as a whole would you choose for rebalance

The best way for LO to make changes that will be accepted is to voice our opinions in an easy analysable manner, so let's put our initial opinions out in the open for them

As a sidenote, LO have the final say in what they decide to rebalance next

shotguns

orbit could at least fix the shit they broke before moving on to their next victims

Edited by Solamente
typo

Snipers of course, most of them have a problem except oblivion and scout (and that can be somewhat argued if we talk about the variants)

N-HVR 762 : The biggest problem of all snipers, has always been criticized for it's unusually high amount of damage and the long downtime it causes to players hit by it.

ISSR-B: Has been known to be problematic, due to it being very versatile ( a little bit too much ) as it can blow up cars, but also be used out of windows , and has both high anti personal and anti vehicle potential.

NHVR 242 "Reaper" : still a scout overall, but that silencer serves no purpose (though, the silencer mods themselves needs work)

Anubis : Just an awful weapon, got changed many times, but the crosshair is still a hassle and serves no special purpose, just a weak gun.

DMR-SD : While it is a DMR, the SD variant is significantly weaker against vehicles, which is the main strength of the DMR (DMR - AV speaks for it), again more a problem towards silencers...

SBSR (Coroner and IRS): Up to this day i still don't even understand what these guns are made for, they're just bad at doing everything.

And if it's not snipers, shotguns, they're just not pleasant to play at the moment, none of them feel right, only showstopper does, and it's a secondary.

Edited by Ketog
  • Thanks 1

As a class, definitely shotguns.

But there's more important things to take care of, like the N-TEC, the HVRs Damage, RFPs range, OCAs fire rate, Obeyas overdamage and so on.

9 people voted for assault rifles yet no one voiced an opinion as to why it needs to be rebalanced. I'm not sure what the problem is with the category besides the COBRA and ISSR-A being shit. But with so many weapons in the game I don't think every weapon needs to be competitive.

Voted for shotguns mainly because of the JG. Easy spread and high two shot potential making it a very low skill high reward weapon.

Anyway, if someone can show me the problem of the N-tec that doesn't include Baylan gameplay, that would be great. 🙂

Edited by Benguin

7 hours ago, Ketog said:

SBSR (Coroner and IRS): Up to this day i still don't even understand what these guns are made for, they're just bad at doing everything.

imagine beeing a dumbfvck and buying this weapon account wide because of its looks and after a minute realising how bad it is

3 hours ago, supermariobrothe said:

wheres the option for none?

He mistakenly called that option "LMGs"

4 hours ago, Newbplay said:

imagine beeing a dumbfvck and buying this weapon account wide because of its looks and after a minute realising how bad it is

sadly theres a few who did just that. i feel bad for them

11 hours ago, GhosT said:

As a class, definitely shotguns.

But there's more important things to take care of, like the N-TEC, the HVRs Damage, RFPs range, OCAs fire rate, Obeyas overdamage and so on.

agreed with all of this

• Like 1

So, why is anyone complaining about HVR? It was always a super situational weapon that could make or break a mission, but as it is, it's the opposite of a shotgun. One shot super high damage with lots of time to get into cover, slow movement, unable to shoot out of cars, etc. Seems like people are mad there's a high skill high reward weapon. Also, it only really shines in 3+ player missions. In 1v1 its largely pointless and in 2v2 it can be countered.

In fact, how is HVR more OP than the scout, the damage? Maybe lower it's mag to 5 rounds instead of 6.

2 hours ago, Happymrsnowman said:

So, why is anyone complaining about HVR? It was always a super situational weapon that could make or break a mission, but as it is, it's the opposite of a shotgun. One shot super high damage with lots of time to get into cover, slow movement, unable to shoot out of cars, etc. Seems like people are mad there's a high skill high reward weapon. Also, it only really shines in 3+ player missions. In 1v1 its largely pointless and in 2v2 it can be countered.

In fact, how is HVR more OP than the scout, the damage? Maybe lower it's mag to 5 rounds instead of 6.

the hvr has dominated long range since the the introduction of the damage dropoff system, and until recently it could easily dominate mid and close range as well

damage alone elevates it above being a "situational" weapon and, aside from perhaps positioning, there's very little skill required to land a single shot when you have perfect accuracy - there's a reason the "point and click adventure" and the "silver sniper" memes exist

there does seem to be less people using it lately but (at least in my case) that's because the damage linked to accuracy makes the gun really clunky and awful to use, its still incredibly effective but it's not fun anymore

the scout is very vulnerable to ca3 players (which is essentially everyone), and yes 85% damage vs 55% is a significant advantage

7 hours ago, Benguin said:

9 people voted for assault rifles yet no one voiced an opinion as to why it needs to be rebalanced. I'm not sure what the problem is with the category besides the COBRA and ISSR-A being shit. But with so many weapons in the game I don't think every weapon needs to be competitive.

ARs would have been my first choice if orbit hadnt broken and abandoned shotguns, ARs are kind of the backbone of the game and i think they should be fixed before we go messing about with the more specific niches

as you've pointed out the cobra and issra are garbage

the misery needs something, atm its just an obeya with a slower rof, worse bloom, and worse range

the frenzy needs either 1 less stk or a small bloom adjustment

the aces rifle is underwhelming

the lcr/old glory are ok but i'd like to see them get an very small accuracy buff

every weapon doesnt need to be meta, but if i haven't seen a gun in weeks or months (other than skipping over it in my inventory) then i think it should probably be looked at

4 hours ago, Solamente said:

the hvr has dominated long range since the the introduction of the damage dropoff system, and until recently it could easily dominate mid and close range as well

damage alone elevates it above being a "situational" weapon and, aside from perhaps positioning, there's very little skill required to land a single shot when you have perfect accuracy - there's a reason the "point and click adventure" and the "silver sniper" memes exist

I feel like the HVR was always a tool for the weaker/newer players to even the playing field somewhat. It doesn't need mods, its not expensive, gold, or unobtainable. Yes, it would absolutely help with weird map positioning and getting midranged by ARs. As it stands, OBEYA/OBIR and other weapons in the category wreck the HVR in the hands of anyone but a noob. Meanwhile experienced players know how to use cover and dodge around it. You kind of nailed it with "silver sniper". Yeah, it gives middling silver players something to be good at if they're thrown against golds. Also, in a very fast moving game like APB, landing those shots definitely takes skill. Flick shotting someone with an HVR and not killing them is perfectly reasonable IMO, especially because it's fire-rate is shit.

NTEC need a huge nerve, period. It's been an overpowered pain in the @$$ way to long already.

Edited by Spy

1 hour ago, Spy said:

NTEC need a huge nerve, period. It's been an overpowered pain in the @$$ way to long already.

This is one of the only guns I feel perfectly fine with. It's balanced and high rewarding for skillful players and people with good aim or bloom control.

• Like 1

Less than lethal weapons need buffs across the board to bring them in line with everything else. There's no excuse for these weapons to still be so excruciatingly terrible.

Incoming downvotes from criminal-only players and others who have no place opening their mouths in regards to LTL gameplay.

• Like 2

I want them to fix the silenced scout bug where you cannot switch to pistol for like a whole 2 seconds, after you shoot it gets stuck

All those leftovers of clunky fixes !

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PrincessMimi said:

I want them to fix the silenced scout bug where you cannot switch to pistol for like a whole 2 seconds, after you shoot it gets stuck

remove time delay from OSWAN you don't ?

4 hours ago, BloomGloomFlowerz said:

that’s not a bug, it’s an intended mechanic on every version of the hvr

On 9/10/2019 at 4:48 PM, CookiePuss said:

#removeLTL

Add no-fuse stun grenade.

• Thanks 1

Rifles (CR762, OBIR, joker)

cuz not fun against macro kids.

On 9/11/2019 at 3:21 AM, Solamente said:

every weapon doesnt need to be meta, but if i haven't seen a gun in weeks or months (other than skipping over it in my inventory) then i think it should probably be looked at

In a perfectly balanced roster there are no "meta" weapons. Of course this is nigh impossible to achieve. And sometimes you want to add some toys which are really specific in use, but not very great overall. That's okay, too.

But no gun should be so well rounded it dominates several others in more than one situation. Or so powerful its individual impact is practically unmatched.

4 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

In a perfectly balanced roster there are no "meta" weapons. Of course this is nigh impossible to achieve.

It's also not a desirable state for a game to be in, as perfect balance leads to stagnation. You actually want there to be a meta, and in an ideal world you want that meta to shift with regular balance changes in a way that feels organic to the playerbase.

13 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

In a perfectly balanced roster there are no "meta" weapons. Of course this is nigh impossible to achieve.

it is impossible, given there’s more than 1 gun and each gun is unique there will always be an easier or more effective option

13 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

And sometimes you want to add some toys which are really specific in use, but not very great overall. That's okay, too.

that’s fine i agree, but there’s a difference between hyper focused niche and just bad balance

8 hours ago, Hexerin said:

It's also not a desirable state for a game to be in, as perfect balance leads to stagnation. You actually want there to be a meta, and in an ideal world you want that meta to shift with regular balance changes in a way that feels organic to the playerbase.

i actually dislike constant rotation just for the sake of rotating meta, as long as the meta isn’t all powerful then i have no issue with it remaining the same for the foreseeable future