HelplessBaby

This game could be rated T ez

When you get a mission in this game a contact gives you a preptalk, that not only is always the same lines over and over ( less time proof) but they are unecessarily negative mantras that frame your mindset into a winner FFFFFks the looser mentality. This is super overlooked but it encouragues negative paranoic behaviours on a subconciouess level.

A lot of it tells you that if you are hostile and mean you are cool, which is why many people who hear and read those things over and over sport out of date shades of cool.

The mission descriptions are also full of incessary negativity, is just text and outdated voice lines that unecessarily raise the raiting to M

Edited by PrincessMimi
an s
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, PrincessMimi said:

is just text and outdated voice lines that unecessarily raise the raiting to M

42b41786a06d7cb91b524719f7ca044a.png

seems like more than just the dialogue

edit: screenshot of the esrb page for apb [https://www.esrb.org/ratings/31254/APB+Reloaded/]

Edited by Solamente
edit
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Solamente said:

Aww common! aside from the outdated pedestrians it does go into the words and the contexts a lot, things like the pack supposed to be cocaine again due 2 text

Actually all of this M things is outdated mechanics:

Improving pedestrian Ai is a waste of resources given the dev team we have

Is better to reframe the lore into some kind of live show or they know they are inside a matrix of some kind, because I know of no sane person who stops their car when someone shoots at it !  yet is so needed for gameplay flow.

Cars could drive on their own ( google is doing cars that do that ) and have some visual effect when you shoot them for the first time and they stop. Again quicker on resources but classy.

Pedestrians also currently dissapear out of their cars if you punch them and then cancel the animation !

Stabbba is outdated 2 needs like a major rework, is one of the most frustrating negativity enhancing mechanics ( like ram raiding and witnessing)

The negativite talk and text we dont need it, society and district chat has enough of that

Also many people use shaders to make this game look cartoony ala borderlands, a dark cartoony look would do wonders to bring this game back to life ( cartoony and crips think " killer 7 ")

Consumables could be sold on the joker machines and brushes could hide you from enemies! these kind of easy on resources changes are key to this game not only surivival but unexpected growth

killer7-remake-suda51.jpg

Edited by PrincessMimi
Adding a lot of things hoping someone with decision powers realizes how ez is 2 actually bring apb back 2 life
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, PrincessMimi said:

Actually all mention in your text is outdated mechanics

what?

• factions - current
  • missions - current
  • guns - current
  • blood splatter - current
  • civilian interaction - current
  • ltl - current
  • dialogue - current

everything in the rating summary still exists in the game, what is outdated?

11 minutes ago, PrincessMimi said:

Pedestrian Ai is a wasted of resources given the dev team we have

im not sure what resources you think the devs are devoting to civilian ai, but im pretty sure almost no work goes into them

and having played riot, where there are no civilians at all, its honestly surprising how much blander the map is without them

why does apb need to be rated T in the first place? its already way more mild than similar games like saints row or gta, attempting to water the game down to meet a ratings requirement is only going to make the end product even worse than it already is

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Solamente said:

Blood  < For this oudated bloodspurt we have to pay the blood tag
Drug Reference < text, voice of the contacts
Sexual Themes < text, voice of the contacts and pedestrians
Strong Language < text, voice of the contacts and pedestrians
Violence < Fornite is rated T but the focus wasnt much about game actually getting a T , if they deleted the unecessary text that frames your mindset it would be better for the mental health of all players or u wanna get punished fckd?

9 minutes ago, Solamente said:

and having played riot, where there are no civilians at all, its honestly surprising how much blander the map is without them

Riot had less players, no music, no cars that come and go from misterious gates, perma death or longer spawns meant even less people, no boomboxes, no car surfers dancing theme maker tunes nothing, making district noise was  bad for the winning!

Edited by PrincessMimi
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, PrincessMimi said:

or u wanna get punished

who's getting punished? and for what?

i still don't understand the fixation with the rating, maybe if apb had an AO rating which would actually restrict it from being distributed in certain regions i would understand, but otherwise im lost

They could also replace all pedestrians with zombies that give gold to buy consumables, or maybe that just 2 much T_T such a cool game I would play so much T_T

• Like 1

"Drop the baby and run!" best pedestrian quote in the game.

If you wanna go play a kids game, go play Roblox or Microvolts.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, PrincessMimi said:

They could also replace all pedestrians with zombies that give gold to buy consumables, or maybe that just 2 much T_T such a cool game I would play so much T_T

Ok now I know you do pot.

Oh, yes! And they could replace lamp posts with huge candy canes, add more fluffy bluish and pinkish clouds, and rainbows. Like, rainbows everywhere.

And glitter, of course. Lots of it. 

• Like 3

"Large spurts of blood that sometimes splash on the camera."

Have they even played the game?

(That's a rhetorical question, of course they haven't.)

Best pedestrian quote: "That explosion was as big as my c*ck!"

Oh, but you can't make a character name with the word "Butt" in it.

M rated btw

2 hours ago, PrincessMimi said:

ok I read your posts and i cant help but to ask where did all of this come from with you because you do not make sense and it is more than just me confused.

Hahahaha how deep dark do you people even see this game? Holy damn! 

Have some mineral water you petty flowers.

Reading the rating summary made me want this game to be darker. Like last hit from shotty would make you brutally hit the groud with a splash of blood on the floor, blood on the car from pedestrians etc, or some mugging animations would include hitting the person to the ground and then kick him brutally. Ummm that would be so great

I'm still mad that we spent like 7 stages thinking we were saving a kid that just turned about to be a dam dog.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I'm still mad that we spent like 7 stages thinking we were saving a kid that just turned about to be a dam dog.

wait thats not a kid in the animal carrier?

man ive spent all these years thinking that mission was mad fucked up lmao

8 hours ago, PrincessMimi said:

This is super overlooked but it encouragues negative paranoic behaviours on a subconciouess level.

Omg. Whats going on in this world. Its a game. Trigger warnings needed for everything nowadays. Get thicker skin kiddies.

24 minutes ago, Solamente said:

wait thats not a kid in the animal carrier?

man ive spent all these years thinking that mission was mad fucked up lmao

"Oh, for fuck's sake. A dog? Her "baby" is a dog? San Paro is swarming with crime and Rosario's wasting our time with this? Deliver the mutt to our drop-off. The reward better be worth this bullshoot."

Oddly enough the criminal contact thinks it is a lizard that has been stolen. So we know that the van had more than just the dog but also a bunch of other animals. Did the enforcers just leave all the other animals in there?

1 minute ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Did the enforcers just leave all the other animals in there?

look lady, i sure as shit didnt get paid to be a mobile petsmart

A lot of people here are sporting the I am a rational adult attitude where they feel the need to put others down to feel cooler, thats around 2009 conciouness when there were songs like sean kingston's beautiful girls playing around. In those times u had to be mean to be cooler and you r doing the same, noobs xd

Call me a kid, what I said is not about my sensitivities being hurt, is about the culture the game creates when it could be more open. The most famous multiplayer games are super open, lore is something u read on external sites and the gameplay and design does the talking

In this game you are encouragued to be mean and toxic unecessarily but is more about being open and time proof than any moral thing, titanfall was the only multiplayer game I have seen doing that induction and minset framing and look where it is now.

Openness encouragues people from diferent backgrounds converging in a single game, while minset framing will just keep the players that agree or can shrug it off. Is logical.

From an enterpreneur perspective an M rating means less reach, T is the rating (wow,lol,fortnite)

Famous games are played in wider audiences, society favors and supports " Parents say age 12+ Kids say age 13+ " games way more. Is not about morals or politics is simply about fostering a more positive, neutral experience that the player can choose how to view as.

Is more proffesional and less politic

Merged.

12 hours ago, Bambola said:

Oh, yes! And they could replace lamp posts with huge candy canes, add more fluffy bluish and pinkish clouds, and rainbows. Like, rainbows everywhere.

And glitter, of course. Lots of it. 

cover-medium.jpg

killer7screenshot-0.jpg

killer71.jpg

killer7-gameplay-header-screenshot.png

The architecture here in this game ( recently remasted in 2018 ) looks wonderful and reminds me of some apb shaders that could use a little shadow tweaking to look pro, time proof, open and friendly with more computers

Edited by PrincessMimi
typos

5c02d91c28.png

For real tho, I'm guessing a big part is because of all the drug references, that's a big no-no in a T rated game.
I also think the 'triviality' of the reasons you are fighting and killing each other wouldn't fly in a T rated game (I could be wrong)
The T rating helps nothing

6 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

"Oh, for fuck's sake. A dog? Her "baby" is a dog? San Paro is swarming with crime and Rosario's wasting our time with this? Deliver the mutt to our drop-off. The reward better be worth this bullshoot."

Oddly enough the criminal contact thinks it is a lizard that has been stolen. So we know that the van had more than just the dog but also a bunch of other animals. Did the enforcers just leave all the other animals in there?

Thanks zombie waifu, for the all these years i have been playing this, the existence of lore of the game has rarely crossed my mind, never paid attention to the text at the top left but now you got me interested in reading all that lol,

Edited by supermariobrothe