Pelltuk

Whats the Point

What on (Fallen) Earth is the point of giving Commander status to all players and launching a New Anniversay Event. Most people have fled to find pastures new as they perseve no future in hanging around.

Edited by Pelltuk
mispelling

Well..thats Fallen Earth logic for you...Personally would have kept server up till i dunno... november / december..get event over..month cool off.

Still no word on when the event will actually take place...nor when commanders will kick in.

As someone who has been a forever supporter of this game and the developers I think its more like IF not WHEN things will happen.

There logic is fine.  Really, what was the point of keeping the servers up past 2016?  Running a game that has exploits that can't be fixed, no method for anticheat and a dead population. The fact that LO attempted to keep it going and even work with the server was kind of a miracle.  I understand them taking it offline to just work on getting the game ported over to a new engine.  It's simple opportunity cost of sinking resources into an engine that is unworkable and in horrible shape, or work on something that may have a huge pull and possibly even relaunch the game towards something much better.

I see the anniversary as a last celebration and the commander premium so people don't sit around with a craft que of 3.  Good move!!! But this is an mmo, so people are always salty

If the new server allows housing, passengers in mounts, revamps the weapon systems, and has an end game (ap weapons/armor were horrible design), then it will be solid 🙂

6 hours ago, Wildcat Strike said:

There logic is fine.  Really, what was the point of keeping the servers up past 2016?  Running a game that has exploits that can't be fixed, no method for anticheat and a dead population. The fact that LO attempted to keep it going and even work with the server was kind of a miracle.  I understand them taking it offline to just work on getting the game ported over to a new engine.  It's simple opportunity cost of sinking resources into an engine that is unworkable and in horrible shape, or work on something that may have a huge pull and possibly even relaunch the game towards something much better.

I see the anniversary as a last celebration and the commander premium so people don't sit around with a craft que of 3.  Good move!!! But this is an mmo, so people are always salty

If the new server allows housing, passengers in mounts, revamps the weapon systems, and has an end game (ap weapons/armor were horrible design), then it will be solid 🙂

Don't expect Fallen Earth to ever return. This is most likely the complete end.

^ it for sure may be.  I left years ago and said my goodbyes then.  If it does come back, i will for sure give it a go, if not, life goes on!

18 hours ago, Wildcat Strike said:

- What miracle and what nonsense do you think they have done?

- They have had it very easy if they wanted to rejuvenate the game and make it both "viable" in revenue for the server and its improvements.

It is clear that the bugs are there and that it is not possible to have an anticheat system in conditions, but although as I have explained they are things that can be mitigated in a "closed environment" with two maps, and at the same time have the " fans and veterans "in the game.

-I do not see at all clear that they do a "remastering" as they are telling, although it is true that from the beginning the company LO said that its highest priority would be APB and not Fallen earth.

- I think they are more focused on the remastering of APB and more seeing what happened with that game. The data is there, 17 months have passed, nothing has changed, although the lag has gotten worse ..... oh well something if it has happened, we have been told that there are 200 libraries, 400 files, 3567 things of a code (it will be  da vinci s  code, the one in the movie) and although they have shown us four or five images made with an editor (made with the reality program super java 9.0 dolby surround)

Having said all of the above, I don't believe anything anymore, the words are blown away

12 hours ago, StubbyClaps said:

Don't expect Fallen Earth to ever return. This is most likely the complete end.

Obviously it is

Edited by Aroa Croft