poochyena

After a few years of being inactive, I think I'll start playing again

FjHeaSr.jpg

UigWmis.jpg

Ah, yes, I now remember the reason I stopped playing this game. Happened after 15 minutes of playing. Played yesterday and the game crashed twice.

get a new RTX card.

instead you'll just start crashing when selecting a spawn point.

• Like 1

I had that a few times too when running an unstable memory overclock on my gpu. Might be worth a shot to turn the clocks down a notch.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fuechslein said:

I had that a few times too when running an unstable memory overclock on my gpu. Might be worth a shot to turn the clocks down a notch.

It's an endless source of amusement for me to see all these people complaining about the game's performance, and then when they post their specs it turns out they're all OC'ing their systems. It's like... bruh. You're doing shit that wasn't intended for the hardware and isn't covered by any level of support, and then bitching when you get instability as a result.

• Like 7

Honestly, it's the finest abstract art. I love the colors. 

You should seriously consider continuing to play, if for nothing else, then for the unpredictable creations you can make. 

You're actually blessed. 

Edited by Bambola
  • Like 1

Your. Own. God. Damn. Induced. Issue.

"OH LOOK GAME BROKE AHAHAHAHA NOOBS PROGRAMMERS"

Yeah my guess is an unstable overclock or dying gpu. Its a hardware issue, not an apb issue. Good luck with that 🙂

It's either GPU dying, overheating or GPU drivers somehow conflicting with game. I would roll back to basic drivers, then if that not gonna work I would check temperatures at which GPU works, put it under 100% usage and see if it doesn't get atrocious or if at bigger temperatures some graphic artefacts don't show up. If that proves to be true, then your GPU is damaged and should be serviced. You can check if that's also caused by old thermopaste under cooler of GPU but unlikely. This shit showed up to one of my GPUs and after checking all in and outs it was symptoms of GPU which was close to dying.

Edited by Mitne

10 hours ago, Fuechslein said:

my gpu isn't manually overclocked, and I don't have an issue with any other games

10 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

ok how the  #%@# did you make that happen? I've never seen it bug out like that before wow i am impresed

No idea. I was able to quit the game just fine and everything returned to normal, It was just the game glitching out

2 hours ago, Kylegrey2 said:

Its a hardware issue, not an apb issue.

nope, never happened outside of APB, unless its just a huge coincidence my GPU has started to die as soon as I started playing APB, but I kinda doubt that.

1 hour ago, Mitne said:

It's either GPU dying, overheating or GPU drivers somehow conflicting with game.

see above. to be clear, I have a gtx 980 running the game at 1440p. I've played much more demanding games than APB. I get ~80fps uncapped, but cap the fps at 60fps.

Edited by poochyena

45 minutes ago, poochyena said:

my gpu isn't manually overclocked, and I don't have an issue with any other games

No idea. I was able to quit the game just fine and everything returned to normal, It was just the game glitching out

nope, never happened outside of APB, unless its just a huge coincidence my GPU has started to die as soon as I started playing APB, but I kinda doubt that.

see above. to be clear, I have a gtx 980 running the game at 1440p. I've played much more demanding games than APB. I get ~80fps uncapped, but cap the fps at 60fps.

Hmm, thats an interesting one. Is 1440p the native resolution for your monitor? Apb is pretty old, i suggest at least changing your resolution to 1080p. Apb is probably shitting the bed trying to display at that resolution...

Yeaaah that's entirely your fault, not APBs.

13 hours ago, Alani said:

get a new RTX card.

instead you'll just start crashing when selecting a spawn point.

Haven’t had any issues with my 2080 ti yet. Guess I’m lucky 

14 hours ago, supermariobrothe said:

looks like your video card is damaged, probably overheated at some point

Bad monitors

When you encounter a technical issue.

GFAZCD9.png

On 9/9/2019 at 12:40 PM, Kylegrey2 said:

Is 1440p the native resolution for your monitor?

2160p native

On 9/9/2019 at 12:46 PM, GhosT said:

Yeaaah that's entirely your fault, not APBs.

maybe its just a huge coincidence that my gpu started to die on the exact same day I started playing APB. Just seems weird since APB isn't very GPU intense and i've never had thermal problems (never seen my gpu temps above 72) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I remember sometimes having visual glitches in APB before when I use to play, so I assumed its APB's fault since its the only game I've experienced it all in.