FranGT

Armas: OCA Whisper or PMG?

15 minutes ago, FranGT said:

If my money goes directly to LO and G1 doesn't get a single penny, I will.

LO is doing a nice job and I want to support them.

little orbit is g1

3 hours ago, FranGT said:

If my money goes directly to LO and G1 doesn't get a single penny

...what?

21 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

...what?

So G1 is still getting money from Armas even if they sold APB to LO? 

6 minutes ago, FranGT said:

So G1 is still getting money from Armas even if they sold APB to LO? 

Little Orbit acquired G1. they own all their games. They are G1, spend your money!

8 hours ago, BlitzKitty said:

Little Orbit acquired G1. they own all their games. They are G1, spend your money!

So G1 is no more? The "old G1" developers are gone?

Edited by FranGT
going off-topic too much

it all depends on your personal preferences , settings , experience and situation .

OCA-EW 626.2-SD "Silverado" it is one of a kind

On 9/10/2019 at 12:26 PM, FranGT said:

So G1 is no more? The "old G1" developers are gone?

For the most part, yes.  Androvald is still here but he's been around since the beginning.  Pretty sure he's a programmer if I remember correctly.  Cool guy.  The old G1 that were running the game into the ground are gone.  Little Orbit is essentially G1 now.  Only reason the G1 name is there is to keep the GamersFirst distribution platform.

Edited by BrandonBranderson
  • Like 1

On 9/10/2019 at 1:08 PM, FranGT said:

If my money goes directly to LO and G1 doesn't get a single penny, I will.

LO is doing a nice job and I want to support them.

g1 as it was doesnt exist anymore

lo is just using the g1 brand since it's known, for better or for worse

plus, if it wasnt for g1 the game probably wouldn't be anymore - and early g1 did put some effort into the game... for 1.5 years, it dropped off towards 2014 and then... nothing.

Edited by neophobia
  • Like 1

Alright, that's really good news for me.

11 minutes ago, neophobia said:

lo is just using the g1 brand since it's known, for better or for worse

For worse, g1 has such a bad reputation that keeping its name and logo just scares away potential new players, specially those who may come on the new engine release.

But that's for another topic, here we are talking about Armas' SMGs and I think I got all the info I needed, so thank you very much for posting and helping me out 🙂

1 hour ago, FranGT said:

Alright, that's really good news for me.

For worse, g1 has such a bad reputation that keeping its name and logo just scares away potential new players, specially those who may come on the new engine release.

But that's for another topic, here we are talking about Armas' SMGs and I think I got all the info I needed, so thank you very much for posting and helping me out 🙂

oh i know. there was a lengthy discussion about it on the forums some time ago and in the end... they stated they have no plans to get rid of the brand rn and ye - their choice and they should know best. personally, i don't really mind either way, it's just a brand - and early g1 did an at least okay job... and it's definitely the bigger brand in comparison to LO. as you said, this belongs in another thread though 😉

anyway. although you didn't ask for this either - there's this odd hybrid feeling smg - the h9 curse from the revelations pack.

it's definitely not the most competitive choice but i actually enjoyed playing it most of the time, hs3 ir3 and zooming in actually also seemed pretty worth it - if it's debundled now, you might wanna try it out.

slightly higher ttk than the pmg (0.76 vs 0.7) but in my opinion quite a bit more reliable - but has a smaller magazine.

have you also tried the aces (+"rifle")? not too forgiving either but also quite strong in the right hands.

Tried them and I still prefer an OCA or a PMG, in the future I will see which one if buy (or none at all, I'm practising with different loadouts and I may end up not using a SMG at all)