FranGT

Armas: OCA Whisper or PMG?

I must admit I'm a PMG fanboy and I cannot handle the OCA for sh*t, but I feel like the OCA-EW 626-SD NFCP3 is the best SMG I can buy on Armas.

So now I'm doubting about spending real money on the OCA and practice with it or go for the PMG instead, even if I can rent it or pay with Joker tickets.

I just don't want to end up feeling like I wasted my money, so what's your suggestion?

buy both.

if you are having that much of an issue to choose between the two.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alani said:

buy both.

if you are having that much of an issue to choose between the two.

you'd make a good salesperson

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

you'd make a good salesperson

you’d make a good therapist

Well, my real concern is fighting other SMGs and I guess OCA is more efficient at that job, I don't really care about having extra range with a SMG.

Tested some Whispers and I felt comfortable spraying them, unlike with the stock OCA (maybe because the -30% recoil or just the placebo of using a Whisper, idk).

So I guess I will buy the OCA, but now my second concern is if LO has any plan to do a sale on Armas (for example on Halloween or on Black Friday).

If they do I will more stuff 😛

Edited by FranGT
grammar xd

Before you purchase, keep in mind that the OCA-EW 626-SD NFCP3 is not the same as the OCA-EW 626 'Whisper'. The Whisper has preset mods on it, as well as unique zoom and range values that you cannot get on any other OCA variant. The OCA-EW 626-SD NFCP3 that you talked about buying is just a modular OCA-EW 626 with a suppressor on it; no range or zoom value changes like the 'Whisper'. IMO, it's not that great, since OCA is really powerful with Cooling Jacket and not having that is a bit of a downside in its own. I would, however, recommend the PMG 'Hush', since it literally has no recoil and is a laser (just cant run cj3 tho).

If you're asking about the Modular suppressed OCA vs the PMG, go with the PMG. If you're asking about the 'Whisper' vs the PMG, it's up to you. While I prefer the PMG, the OCA is much more reliable in CQC, just the 'Whisper' gives you more versatility in range at the expense of preset mods.

• Like 3

The OCA is more forgiving than the PMG because of the higher rate of fire. The PMG has greater range (35m vs 30m), as well as a .80 crouch modifier.

The Whisper and the Kris have the same rate of fire as the standard OCA, have the same .80 crouch modifier as the PMG, and have the greatest range before damage dropoff of the 3 at 50m. As well as the reduced recoil provided by the suppressor. The downside to the Whisper and Kris is they cannot equip red mods, so you cannot put cooling jacket on them.

Personally, the Whisper was the first SMG I purchased simply because of its viablitity and ease of use. If your tracking is on point, then perhaps go with the PMG.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1

Oca if you wanna be called a noob

PMG if you wanna be called a tryhard

pmg is pretty broken if you have any kind of aim, if you don't mind the occasional rng hiccups its the better smg imo especially with the oca soon getting a slight ttk nerf

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goldtiger said:

keep in mind that the OCA-EW 626-SD NFCP3 is not the same as the OCA-EW 626 'Whisper'.

Damn I didn't know that, then of course I'm not going to buy it lol.

So the only "Whisper" with open slots is the PDW-57 'Kris', but I don't like how it looks and how it sounds at all, this is why I wanted the OCA-EW instead.

So now I have a dilemma between a Cooling Jacket PMG or a PDW-56 'Kris', even if I don't like it. At the end of the day, I only care about efficiency.

Edited by FranGT
grammar again xd

9 hours ago, wilkesor said:

you’d make a good therapist

for why

11 hours ago, FranGT said:

So the only "Whisper" with open slots is the PDW-57 'Kris'

Oh well I'll be damned, I didn't know that was actually a whisper reskin, I always assumed it was just a regular oca reskin with the suppressor mod. And after checking, it turns out it's true. I think i might go pick up one of those eventually just so I can get an open slot whisper

Get a 3 slot OCA or a 3 slot PMG. The OCA is going to be way worse after the nerf that is currently on the test district. Not being able to put a CJ3 on it is going to be a huge disadvantage.

OCA is getting nerfed, every CQC encounter will consist of PMGs and JG's, nothing else. 🙂

Tbh, atm if u look @missions or FC, u see a good mix of everything, so idk why they are going to nerf the OCA, but you can be guranteed after the nerf, your PMG will have been the far better choice.

But JG is completely crazy as it is... which is prolly why you see it in every other CQC loadout atm and even more so after oca nerf is live.

• Like 1

Alright, then I will grab a CBMP-45 'Dart' and put Cooling Jacket on it. If the Whisper is not that worth it anymore then I will stay with the PMG.

39 minutes ago, FranGT said:

Alright, then I will grab a CBMP-45 'Dart' and put Cooling Jacket on it. If the Whisper is not that worth it anymore then I will stay with the PMG.

just a tip if you're on a budget go with the normal pmg since the reskins are slightly more expensive, or if you have spent money before you can buy other things and get a cbmp bolt as loyalty reward 

47 minutes ago, Pedroxin said:

just a tip if you're on a budget go with the normal pmg since the reskins are slightly more expensive, or if you have spent money before you can buy other things and get a cbmp bolt as loyalty reward 

Both have the same price, this is why I'm going for the reskin. 

And how much do I have to spend for that loyalty reward?

EDIT: checked the loyalty reward and it's 40,000 G1C. Not gonna happen.

Edited by FranGT

I would by neither.  Spend on something else and get it as a loyalty reward later. Oca is a easy low skill spray gun. In time hopefully you will find  yourself using them both less and less. 

2 hours ago, Havana said:

I would by neither.  Spend on something else and get it as a loyalty reward later. Oca is a easy low skill spray gun. In time hopefully you will find  yourself using them both less and less. 

Can you read? I said not gonna happen, it's over 400$ in G1C and I don't even want to spend more than 30$ on this game. 

And what if I like a low skill spray gun? Marksmanship weapons are boring for me and I barely use them.

i mean

buy the free trial on armas, its what its there for right?

otherwise watch some videos on it and if it fits ur aesthetic go for it, since you can't currently actuality use it for a test  drive.

11 hours ago, Bellenettiel said:

i mean

buy the free trial on armas, its what its there for right?

otherwise watch some videos on it and if it fits ur aesthetic go for it, since you can't currently actuality use it for a test  drive.

Already did both, testing and watching videos.

On 9/7/2019 at 11:05 PM, Solamente said:

pmg is pretty broken if you have any kind of aim, if you don't mind the occasional rng hiccups its the better smg imo especially with the oca soon getting a slight ttk nerf

That nerf ain't that bad as it's painted.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mitne said:

That nerf ain't that bad as it's painted.

its not, but the closer the oca's ttk gets to the pmg the more the pmg will outperform it

On 9/7/2019 at 7:28 PM, FranGT said:

spending real money

thats a good idea!!!

7 hours ago, Roxane said:

thats a good idea!!!

If my money goes directly to LO and G1 doesn't get a single penny, I will.

LO is doing a nice job and I want to support them.