Captrad

What fun mechanics should LO keep in the game?

We're all familiar with the classic APB car mechanics or the momentum that the player has in the air, ect. What mechanics should LO get rid of and what ones should they keep? Interested to see what everyone thinks about how the gameplay should balance out!

• Like 1

I'd like to see them remove that goofy "player is out of bounds" nonsense, which despawns you if you end up on a building's rooftop.

It was huge fun to launch cars and make your way up ontop of skyskrapers and parking garages and stuff, and just mess about exploring the city; the addition of the "out of bounds" nonsense completely ruined that. And I can't agree with it being a gameplay mechanic fix, to prevent exploiting on missions, because 95% of those areas are impossible to reach while in a group.

Bring back the rooftop parties please.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Get rid of the door/ladder blocking shields, and infinite yolo spam boxes.

And remote detonator.

Edited by Killer Rabbit
  • Like 1

Keep dumptrucks, the holy shyt revenge of bronze nerdlets!~
maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Killer Rabbit said:

Get rid of the door/ladder blocking shields, and infinite yolo spam boxes.

And remote detonator.

stop having the awareness of a brick and remote detonator is not problem at all.

• Like 3

Keep:

• Everything

And:

• Trash: OOB "Nofunallowed" limitation.
  • Restore: Nude bug and Old Login Menu
  • Rework: Volcano ,TrueOgre, Remote Noobnator
  • Develope: Motorbikes,Pets
  • Integrate: Artistic Body

If possible Add:

• Trench Clothes
  • Beach Sandals
  • Mini PvE
  • Artistic Body Editor

If everything goes well Transform:

• PEGI APB:R for  PC in Mature Only 
  • Elegant Artistic Body Customitation (Integral)

Edited by Queen of Love
editttor

the easily exploitable bug that glitches out your hitbox/character if you exit a car mid-slide needs to go

a good solution would be to re-allow your own car to kill you if you decide to jump out wrong 

• Like 1

The telephone boxes that make your car explode if you so much as look at them :classic_biggrin:

12 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

the easily exploitable bug that glitches out your hitbox/character if you exit a car mid-slide needs to go

a good solution would be to re-allow your own car to kill you if you decide to jump out wrong 

I've always liked the idea of having characters jumping out of fast moving vehicles being put into a fall landing animation. Not only does it stop players from abusing the exit mechanics, it also means that you have a chance to see where the enemy is after they have left the vehicle before they shoot you.

Although this game has horrendous mismatches between character models and hitboxes which go beyond just exiting vehicles.

Let me and my friends team kill each other without being kicked when we're out of a mission...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Killer Rabbit said:

Get rid of the door/ladder blocking shields,...

this please

What about fun mechanics to bring back? Jump scout...

• Like 3

Would be nice if they made something like a stunt district, a district without missions and without out of bounds limitation, apb was way more fun untill they put that up

5 hours ago, Hey! said:

Keep dumptrucks, the holy shyt revenge of bronze nerdlets!~
maxresdefault.jpg

put jersey Barriers around spawn points so cars can get out but dump trucks cant get in... OR Geo Fence the thing within a certain radius so only cars can leave and no one can get stuck there 😛

1 hour ago, InkieTheSauzeGod said:

Id like our own purchasable dumptruck. WITH KITS!

dunno what they should keep really… nothing worth keeping atm tbh

Dump Trucks need to be removed and banned from the game, i remember doing them old dump truck missions i wanted to stab myself while playing.. 

I love the mechanic that let's me change my weapon weapon list so I can easially bump weapons I use a lot to the top so it's easier to change weapons. Ohhh... wait...

Serious though, I'd like to see a rework of the vehicles ingame, atm every car feels heavy and goofy to drive, even if it's a light weight car. Also car's are generally unbalanced Vegas 4x4 is hands down the best car ingame, with a Pioneer coming close, some people prefer the jeep cause it's the only car that doesn't feel heavy and clunky to drive. For example change the IO Growl to do sharper turns so it's easier to drive, Growl is in my opinion the most affected car atm as it's heavy, it doesn't turn well, it's impossible to drift and even small bumps will stop it like a brick wall.

Need better hit boxes, and basic parkour animations like speed vaulting over low walls when sprinting cuz you lose a lot of time when you try jump a wall and you feet clips the top.

7 hours ago, Rapid99 said:

I'd like to see them remove that goofy "player is out of bounds" nonsense, which despawns you if you end up on a building's rooftop.

It was huge fun to launch cars and make your way up ontop of skyskrapers and parking garages and stuff, and just mess about exploring the city; the addition of the "out of bounds" nonsense completely ruined that. And I can't agree with it being a gameplay mechanic fix, to prevent exploiting on missions, because 95% of those areas are impossible to reach while in a group.

Bring back the rooftop parties please.

this, except they might find a way to just enable them in missions. this would be perfect.

i don't even think they should remove much but add something.

of course, get rid of the obvious bugs (like glitching items etc) which g1 did too partly

okay, except telephones of death, please keep them <:

but ye, most other things are annoying, like cars flipping in the middle of the road etc.

51 minutes ago, Gizzly said:

I love the mechanic that let's me change my weapon weapon list so I can easially bump weapons I use a lot to the top so it's easier to change weapons. Ohhh... wait...

Serious though, I'd like to see a rework of the vehicles ingame, atm every car feels heavy and goofy to drive, even if it's a light weight car. Also car's are generally unbalanced Vegas 4x4 is hands down the best car ingame, with a Pioneer coming close, some people prefer the jeep cause it's the only car that doesn't feel heavy and clunky to drive. For example change the IO Growl to do sharper turns so it's easier to drive, Growl is in my opinion the most affected car atm as it's heavy, it doesn't turn well, it's impossible to drift and even small bumps will stop it like a brick wall.

i’d rather cars didn’t feel like remote control toys

Cars feel like they have the right weight imo.  Really the only thing I see as unrealistic about them is the buggy suspension and two particular cars that are completely lacking suspension.  

Disable Out Of Bounds for players who aren't in a mission please.

Just now, Zolerox said:

Dynamic Events.

oh yeah, the opgl one was so funny