cowhorseman

question to matt

being that you decided to shut us down. can you atleast tell me a few things. atleast make us feel better. if you do stick to making a new fallen earth can you confirm our old g1 accounts will be carried over with out lost of items or names. can you keep a normal update list of the progress of the game. not like once a day or week i mean like month or when ever. or in 3r case atleast a single player version of this so we can still play this game while we wait for LO to decide on if they want to make a new fallen earth. i just feel like taking this one out in total might leave gaps for errors in a new version as there would be no way to compare feel from old to new which i do not want as i have played this game for a long time like many others and wish not to see you waste your time and money on a failure becuase there was no way to try and compare the old game play to the new one to see if it was better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi there,

You’ve raised a number of good questions. These forums will stay on while we rebuild the game.

Internally we have a set of test servers that we are using to make comparisons for the original game. Those will remain active for our dev team through out development. However it’s not always feasible to post progress this early, since so much of the work is in rebuilding the backend server code. I will do my best.

Releasing a single player version is nearly the same as redoing the game. It’s not really feasible to do that much faster than what we already have planned.

Lastly, I have publicly said we will do our best to preserve as much of your progress and items as we can from your accounts. However that will depend on how much we change. Again, we will do our best.

Thanks,

Matt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks Matt

if you can its the  special vehicles and wardrobe stuff that we would like saved i can do without all my stockpiled mats

cars clothes dyes ect that we took years to get is most players concerns and chips

• Like 2

i know this post will probably get all sorts of comments ......... does it really matter if we have to restart from scratch ,ah prices will come down thats for sure plus other positives . 

On 9/19/2019 at 11:37 AM, cyasoon said:

i know this post will probably get all sorts of comments ......... does it really matter if we have to restart from scratch ,ah prices will come down thats for sure plus other positives . 

For some people yes it does matter, to the point if most of their items/collections are gone they feel there is no reason to start over as it took years to accumulate what they have. Some items where bought from marketplace so people want to know if the items they paid cash for will be transferred over. Which is fair enough to ask and want.

There are positives and negatives for both sides of the 'start over' argument but ultimately we all have to wait and see what happens to FE in the future.

• Like 2

I would start over on a FE2 but if they port characters over naked and no chips or items what is there for me to want to invest another 8 years into

i worked hard getting my 2 maxed crafters and all my items

so will not start over i will stop playing it altogether if thats the case

• Like 1

cake and eat it to ? i have lots of "stuff" all so after 8 yrs,but thats all it is....stuff...... either way i will play with or without my "stuff" just as long as game goes on

Edited by cyasoon
  • Like 1

Dude ... you guys are talking about the distant future ... at the pace they made progress until now .... don't expect to see this game re released sooner then 2024 . Some of you will die until then .... don't plan anything yet :))

And even if they re- release it ... a small studio can't do what this game was originally intended to be ..... the most biggest sandbox ever made EVER ... biggest game world ever made with plans for constant level cap updates content .... similar to Wow .... venturing in the death zone etc ....

What they will do is the opposite make the game smaller compact the zone to a smaller scale get some new buggy low performance engine "Unity" which is a crap game engine ....

This game was about the huge zones the journey large player base that made the game feel alive ..... riding my bike for 30 mins to get to a place ..... it will never be that sadly :" we will get a dumbed down version of the original vision the guys at Icarus studios had 😐 sad so sad that jewels like this game don't become a success ... and shitty cartoony triple a loot box simulators sell .... it's ALL YOUR FAULT the players for paying for shit .....

7000 SQUARE KILOMETERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! did any other game beat that?    what they should to is fill that space with interesting quests ... events etc not make the game world smaller 😞

• Thanks 2

On 9/20/2019 at 6:12 PM, Rubbermade said:

I would start over on a FE2 but if they port characters over naked and no chips or items what is there for me to want to invest another 8 years into

i worked hard getting my 2 maxed crafters and all my items

so will not start over i will stop playing it altogether if thats the case

I agree with those terms