quixxius

Best mods on shaw?

Muzzle brake, hunting sight 3 and 3 point sling 3 I suppose, though the last one can be changed with whatever you're more comfortable with.

Edited by Pedroxin
  • Like 1

Unequip 3, Delete 3, AMG-556 3

Nah jokes aside, Muzzle Brake is a must have, so is Hunting Sight 3. Rest goes down to whatever you like. Wether it is EM3 for 130 rounds of never ending fire or MP3 for 75 Rnd. mags but fast reloads.

Three Point Sling 3 is probably the best third choice though as you want to get stationary and ready as soon as possible.

Pre 195 I go HS3 - CJ3 - 3ps3/mp3

Post 195 I might toss in muzzle brake instead of CJ3, or just keep CJ3

You really don't have a choice for the shaw.

You need 3ps3 due to having to switch weps for mobility.

Hunting Sight is a pretty huge upgrade on the shaw and if you're good enough to control the recoil it can become pretty lasor like even at long ranges.

If you're over 195 you go muzzle brake to make it even more lasor.

If you're under 195 you have a free slot to play with I guess, so maybe CJ3?

9 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

You really don't have a choice for the shaw.

You need 3ps3 due to having to switch weps for mobility.

Hunting Sight is a pretty huge upgrade on the shaw and if you're good enough to control the recoil it can become pretty lasor like even at long ranges.

If you're over 195 you go muzzle brake to make it even more lasor.

If you're under 195 you have a free slot to play with I guess, so maybe CJ3?

Honestly HS3 is useless... I can still laser pretty well while crouching up to 60-70m and do good damage not to mention that HS3 makes the gun worse on hug range. I would prefer to use 3PS3, MP3 and Muzzle Brake or CJ2-3

Edited by zyde

10 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Pre 195 I go HS3 - CJ3 - 3ps3/mp3

Post 195 I might toss in muzzle brake instead of CJ3, or just keep CJ3

CJ3 is arguable, its better in cqc but you cannot range with it. I didn't care for CJ on a shaw honestly, however 195 MB is definitely better. I enjoy going blue mods, so bando would be fine, incase you spam a lot of ammo.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

8 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

CJ3 is arguable, its better in cqc but you cannot range with it. I didn't care for CJ on a shaw honestly, however 195 MB is definitely better. I enjoy going blue mods, so bando would be fine, incase you spam a lot of ammo.

That's what I like about the SHAW, it does offer some versatility mod-wise based on what players prefer.

• Like 1

Back when I used the SHAW, I would run:

• Hunting Sight 3 - No brainer. Laser accuracy at range, and the mod's downside doesn't affect the gun since you're never moving while firing.
  • 3-Point Sling 3 - Also no brainer. You have to swap to secondary to move, this helps pull the SHAW back out when you need to. Also, no downside (still, somehow).
  • Magazine Pull 3 or Bandolier 3 - Depends on if I'll have easy access to my vehicle's resupply from the objective location. If yes, the former. If no, the latter.

Most people will tell you to go Hunting Sight, Cooling Jacket, 3-Point Sling, and then upgrade the Cooling Jacket to Muzzle Brake once you're r195. Completely valid, and technically the best mods for the gun. I find Cooling Jacket to be a bit overkill, and Muzzle Brake's effect is so undertuned I just don't see it as worthwhile (especially once you've practiced with the gun enough to control its recoil).

hunting sight 3, improved rifling 3, and 3-point sling 3 if you're feeling brave

magpull 3, muzzle break, 3 point sling 3 for cqc areas (works great in asylum)

or just use the "this gun is too hard" setup - reflex (or hunting) sight 3, muzzle break, 3 point sling 3

Edited by escoterra
error

On 9/7/2019 at 10:21 AM, Hexerin said:

Back when I used the SHAW, I would run:

• Hunting Sight 3 - No brainer. Laser accuracy at range, and the mod's downside doesn't affect the gun since you're never moving while firing.
  • 3-Point Sling 3 - Also no brainer. You have to swap to secondary to move, this helps pull the SHAW back out when you need to. Also, no downside (still, somehow).
  • Magazine Pull 3 or Bandolier 3 - Depends on if I'll have easy access to my vehicle's resupply from the objective location. If yes, the former. If no, the latter.

Most people will tell you to go Hunting Sight, Cooling Jacket, 3-Point Sling, and then upgrade the Cooling Jacket to Muzzle Brake once you're r195. Completely valid, and technically the best mods for the gun. I find Cooling Jacket to be a bit overkill, and Muzzle Brake's effect is so undertuned I just don't see it as worthwhile (especially once you've practiced with the gun enough to control its recoil).

controlling recoil is fine if you're used to it, but i've always found mb to make it better, even if burst firing it feels a little more accurate, especially at range where the full recoil in a burst can damage your accuracy with a random shot in a direction or two matters the most in open fights.

doesnt need cooling jacket its already the fastest ttk gun

reflex 3 for spraying/full autoing long range 

or hs 3 for bursting/lazering long range

muzzle break and sling 3 is a must