Sign in to follow this  
LewdLemming

Algorithm for k:d ratio 3 or 4 higher to 1

Not sure if they have this already (imo ... no, they don't) but might be an idea to have some sort of algorithm in place so that when a player has a k:d ratio that is consistently 3, 4 or higher to 1 it gets them flagged for LO to take a look at them for cheats, etc.

I've seen a number of players where their k:d ratio is stupid high over multiple missions, and they swear up and down they are legit.

Granted, I'm not that great of a player, but when the k:d stays high consistently, there is something fishy.

10 hours ago, LewdLemming said:

so that when a player has a k:d ratio that is consistently 3, 4 or higher to 1 it gets them flagged for LO to take a look at them for cheats, etc.

6 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Really not that hard to consistently get 2:1 K/D ratio.

Hence why I said "3, 4 or more",

And Swindle, not sure where you are going with the quoting, but no text ...  Agreeing, disagreeing, just posting for post count?

K:D is not all that important on APB.  Mission wins are more important.  When a person can win missions by putting himself in harms way, purposely dying a lot to distract the opp from going after other team members, and still win the mission, it adds to the teamwork aspect.  Kills matter when the final objective is deathmatch or if you have to kill a VIP.  If you have to protect a VIP (keep them alive), running is an option.  If you're the opp who has to kill the VIP but you don't know how to stop a runner or you just cry "Stop running", you're a lazy fool who wants kills to come easy.  Running and going after runners is fun for me because it creates more competitive situations to think through and act accordingly.  Oh!  Also, because I do love a good police chase.