Hexerin

Why the hell would you nerf the OBIR's mobility?

Literally like the core selling point of the weapon.

Let's not even get into why you'd nerf the weapon at all in the first place.

• Like 5

If by mobility you mean the sprint speed I agree that shouldn't be touched.

If you are referring to the insane jumpshot accuracy, the almost instant zoom in allowing for corner popping with zero risk or the fact that you can insta pistol swap after a 450 damage burst, then yes, one of these things should be looked at imo. 

The burst pistol swap cqc OBIR is so braindead that even I can do well with it. Then again I really dislike that forced delay they put on snipers, that's the main reason I use a DMR now. Honestly if they make it so you can't jumpshot as easily, I'm fine with the rest.

• Like 6

they're not nerfing the mobility. They're nerfing the ability to swap weapons after it's been fired.

• Like 2

why the hell did this need its own thread instead of just being posted in the patch feedback?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Adding a 0.5 second delay to the ability to switch to 2ndary doesn't sound too bad, we'll see if it adds to the 'clunkyness' once the patch goes live (^:

Edited by Acornie

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

The 'core selling point' of the OBIR is the burst damage for cover popping. It's meant to be a support weapon.

47 minutes ago, VanilleKeks said:

pistol swap after a 450 damage burst

495 damage burst.

Most weapons that have a high damage output in a single shot/burst have a delay that prevents you from switching to your secondary, great examples are the Scout, STRIFE, and HVR. All of these weapons have a long TTK that could be less than half of what was intended by switching to your secondary immediately after firing. This has been done for the longest time with the OBIR, turning it from a support weapon to one of the most versatile and possibly the best weapon in the game if mastered. We'll see how this change turns out and if it affects the OBIR's mobility too much. If so they could consider lowering the delay before being able to sprint again to compensate.

Please remember this change is in a testing district for a reason and not pushed live immediately.

Edited by Frosi

4 hours ago, Hexerin said:

You really do need to read the patch notes son. This kind of whinging is the kinda thing I'd find from a baby stuck in a pram.

A direct quote: "In both districts these guns will both now prevent you from weapon swapping while the re-fire or burst fire timers are active." This is the same treatment the HVR got. It prevents you switching to a sidearm while the action is engaged, i.e you fire, and have to wait for the burst delay to be passed before being able to continue.

Please don't make threads as if the forums can be a place for a cult of outrage. There is a thread specifically for this kind of material right here. And that is where it should be.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

on a side note, when they made you unable to switch to pistol after firing the HVR, why didnt they do it the otehr way around as well, firing pistol and switching to HVR, same result, this half measure is doesnt fix the problem and is annoying in a self defense situation

Now that FFA 3 slot will sell like cookies ! 😄 For a lower price i mean...

Edited by fragmeister
  • Like 1

Literally no one asked for this.

I'd like to see them nerf the ntec...forums will be flooded with tryhards complaining.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's a terrible mechanic that makes the game feel clunky and everything but smooth.

One of the worst tools to balance guns...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Solamente said:

why the hell did this need its own thread instead of just being posted in the patch feedback?

because of hexerin, classic move

1 hour ago, Sayori said:

Literally no one asked for this.

I'd like to see them nerf the ntec...forums will be flooded with tryhards complaining.

I did ! Im sooooo happy now ! 

4 hours ago, supermariobrothe said:

on a side note, when they made you unable to switch to pistol after firing the HVR, why didnt they do it the otehr way around as well, firing pistol and switching to HVR, same result, this half measure is doesnt fix the problem and is annoying in a self defense situation

Because with the HVR you now have to wait to scope in all the way to deal full damage.  I think doing it that way would take longer to kill someone than doing it normally with 2 HVR shots.

Ahahaha finally

Gitgud scrubs

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Another gun that will now gather dust in my locker.

Literally nothing has been changed.

If you don't play it like a cheap scrub and abuse the quickswitch, that is.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I'm back from my extensive testing of shooting the wall for 10 mins: almost completely unnoticeable, 0.5 seconds is nothing (and ofc does not even relate to 'mobility') the gun outputs 495 dmg in a burst, that's only 55 less than a scout, if the scout has a 1.75 second delay to switching to avoid QSing then this is a no brainer

57 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Another gun I can't abuse like a cheap scrub. 

4 hours ago, GhosT said:

exactly.

I can't believe so many people are crying about this change... it won't affect anything else the obir does so well, it only prevents people from abusing that one thing.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Snubnose said:

exactly.

I can't believe so many people are crying about this change... it won't affect anything else the obir does so well, it only prevents people from abusing that one thing.

My issue is this was the only reason I chose the Obir over other weapons. Not the end of the world, but I worry that taking the fun out of fun weapons as opposed to making less fun weapons more fun, is the wrong way to balance. (what even is English?)

• Like 1

Barely anyone ever mans a Obir anyway. You know you don't.

12 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

My issue is this was the only reason I chose the Obir over other weapons. Not the end of the world, but I worry that taking the fun out of fun weapons as opposed to making less fun weapons more fun, is the wrong way to balance. (what even is English?)

I get your point... but abusive mechanics are not supposed to be there to be the fun part of the game... the obir switch was obviously too powerful and got nerfed. the weapon still has all it's mid-long range strength.

yes, they really should focus more on buffing underdog weapons than nerfing what's already in the meta... it's like 50% is "meta", the other 50% are guns you take out when you get bored and want to spice things up / challange yourself...

I'm still hoping for changes to the snubnose, harbinger and norsemen.
also, I want to see the ISSR-A 'Artemis' be AN ACTUAL ASSAULT RIFLE with higher firerate / less damage and not this knockoff marksman rifle it is now...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1