MattScott

Fallen Earth servers going offline 10/2

If its possible let game run untill new version is done.  People love this game and its best one out there. So this has few bugs and bit laggy  .Dont care about those really . Just like to hang around wasteland ,craft , talk other players and  enjoy the lore.

• Like 5

Matt, at least you could try to reset and leave two maps, which may work and attract new players, all being in a controlled and small environment.

The biggest publicity of a game is "word of mouth" and although I think it would be stable in terms of money and contributions that players could contribute. For trying a month you lose nothing, since you plan to shut down the server.

To say that games like final fantasy arose from desperate ideas and are currently referents. To say that I believe in the potential of the game and although I tell you for the last time that the patch of gores was the one that created the current "lag" of the game (which was overwritten on several maps and bosses were put on). That was by mid 2012.

Greetings and thanks for not closing the forum while the game is closed.

• Like 3

I hope they try to come up with something.. I understand if they're left with no other choice than to expend it.. BUT I HOPE they succeed and come up with something. Think positive. Hope for the best.  

I'll Miss the community and my Scan Buggy as well as Tutti Frutti and all of the players, but I may move on... Maybe it's just time for a NEW player base anyway..  Though... I was gone for  year and did return so... who knows... nostalgia is powerful.  So.... yeah... I'll be back. Where would the wasteland be without RONCO and OIL 76 with RONald & the Doppler..

I swapped some lyrics...  I dedicate this to the community.. Be warned, it's VERY corny...  just the way I like it.

- Donut Armed - Armed with the love of donuts I guess.

Donuts bring you a smile. Expands your gut like a pregnant woman carrying a child. Inside of me and such a part of you.  Too many calories to burn. Too many calories to burn.

I used to eat at AMY JOY! So many flavors to choose.... And what I choose is my choice What's Amy Joy supposed to do?
The donut eater in me is the donut eater in you, I send this dozen over to you. Donuts with a smile over to you.

Leave you like they left me here, to eat donuts with a smile. The blissfulness of one who's left a calzone.
Too many calories to burn! Too many calories  to burn! burn! burn!

I used to eat at Amy Joy.. So many flavors to choose.... AND what I choose is my voice. What's Amy Joy supposed to do?
The donut eater in me is the donut eater in you, I send this dozen over to you
Donuts with a smile over to you.

The donut eater  in me is the donut eater  in you
I send this cruller over to you
The donut eater in me is the donut eater in you
The donut eater  in me is the donut eater in you

6 hours ago, Zadman said:

If its possible let game run untill new version is done.  People love this game and its best one out there. So this has few bugs and bit laggy  .Dont care about those really . Just like to hang around wasteland ,craft , talk other players and  enjoy the lore.

I bet they would if they could, but keeping the game server up and having someone maintain it costs money. If anything they should drop the F2P and just charge like $4.99 for it and goes on sell for like $1.99. I would buy it.

• Like 1

Hope to all of you good luck for the future ❤️

Sad week.

Peace

Game is shite anyway good riddance More folk might get a job and realise there’s another world outside them doors 

I would like to thank LO for keeping the server open for as long as they did. I just wish you would of been more forthcoming with the future of FE. I would also love to thank the community. I have met alot of amazing and kind people over the years playing. I will always remember citadel raids and hanging out with genuinely interesting people. Whether doing pve, pvp, or erping i was always having a blast. Thanks for the memoriez

• Like 1

well thanks for nothing i guess lo. really was hoping but you let me down here. oh well. seems apb was doomed to out last us from the start

Edited by cowhorseman
hit enter early

Now you can fully focus on APB without the FE community pounding on the door. Cleared some head space. Relieved some stress.

I would love to believe the hype about the return of FE, but frankly the 'progress' hasn't been anything like the original road map to success, and this shut down is yet another unplanned misfortune.

This track record leaves me believing that the game will be forgotten as new ideas and other more promising projects overtake Matts life.

Nothing has gone according to plan and not much positive to speak of has happened in FE since the takeover.

Everyone in-house and in-game has been pretty dramatic, tensions and anger ran high on discord, GM and staff have been let go and shuffled, and every attempt to fix the game code revealed a new can of ugly worms for people to be frustrated about.

This is the end of the end of the world. Fallen Earth has Fallen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Drake Dragoon said:

This is the end of the end of the world. Fallen Earth has Fallen.

Signed, it will take a miracle for FE to resurface.

Revitalizing this old custom engine will be a mammoth task.

So this is sad news indeed, there is nothing else like this on the market.

Sad news.

I have played since the game first appeared and developers joined in with trial events etc. 

I have just introduced my young grandson to the game as it is considered age appropriate with the language filter turned on, he will not be pleased that his favourite character with a cats head has gone.

Hopefully when or if the game returns we will be able to access our old characters and accounts. Please make the return sooner rather than later, at my age it is more likely I shall fail to be able to see the results.

• Like 5

Great times 🙂

I really hope they are able to port the game over, especially in a new engine.  The game showed it's age and limitations a long time ago.

Hopefully a new engine will allow passengers in mounts, player housing, water could possibly not just be some red line....(yep, lets get some boats :D, some of the weapon systems discussed for years.

I'd love to see the new version also have a true end game and bring value to some many zones that were left pointless because of op weapons (ap weapons)

I can't blame them taking it off just to focus on it.  They were handed a mess

Best of luck LO! I will for sure check out the next launch

VIVA LA VISTA!!!!

• Like 1

Just make a Fallen Earth gun skin in APB and all the purchases keep the game up and go towards development. :v) ez money

• Like 2

IF there is a BETA... sign me up!

IF a private server pops up - SOMEONE LET ME KNOW.

I WILL pay money.

I DID pay money.

I have NO money.

But I will forsake hot dogs and live on Raman for a week if I have to.

I love this game.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, OlGeezer said:

I WILL pay money.

I DID pay money.

I have NO money.

I love this game.

I salute your dedication to this game! I would be careful about your dietary choices however. I draw your attention to the following article:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/09/02/teenager-first-uk-go-deaf-blind-due-junk-food-diet-report-reveals/

See you in Fallen Earth 2 ( Fall 2022...maybe?)

Can't say im surprised, still a bit disappointed.  I would have come back full time to a playable game. Was a good 9.5 year run. What  happens with G1C? I have a balance on 2 accounts. Not interested in that other game and don't want a refund.  Will it be available for the new Fallen Earth ... if there ever is a new Fallen Earth?

Thanks Matt for giving it a shot. 

Every time I try to post something I start crying

• Like 1

Wow. I played this game A LOT about 8 years ago - glad to see there's still someone taking care of it. It was a great game, despite all it's issues, and I'm sure it still is. I'll be keeping an eye on the re-release, if it's really going to happen. Fallen Earth will always be a fond memory of mine.

On 9/7/2019 at 4:29 PM, OlGeezer said:

I WILL pay money.

I DID pay money.

I have NO money.

I love this game.

Please sign me up too for any testing. Took part in Beta Test of FE over 10 years ago. Thanks.

Thanks for keeping things going this long Matt! I look forward to the new version when you have it ready. Please feel free to ping me via my forum email for testing help 🙂

• Like 1

On 9/9/2019 at 8:27 AM, wastelanderer said:

If you disable PVP areas I will gladly play FE.

You mean a PVE server :v)

On 9/9/2019 at 8:27 AM, wastelanderer said:

If you disable PVP areas I will gladly play FE.

PVP areas are specifically for pvp. Just dont go to them. you dont have to worry about getting ganked in the open world 

Don't hold your breath for a free Commander Premium folks.

I was 154 points away from 2000 RP (been saving 3 years to get the striped speedster), so I used up my Survivalist Premium. Now I have 1996 points and I'm only 4 points away!

BUT the bad news is that the only thing I got were points; no icon that says I am boosted - just points (and yes I re-logged and its been a day since I used it).

By now I'm sure Matt is aware that the premiums don't work, so I don't expect them to be given out. This is probably why we didn't get one on this last weekend as we were told.

And Matt would have to activate the premium on every account automatically because there is no marketplace for us to redeem a code.

The marketplace being shut down may have something to do with the premium not working...

So don't hold your breath unless you don't like oxygen.

On 9/3/2019 at 10:35 PM, Zolerox said:

Fallen Earth has fallen, i blame myself for not playing it more recently. 

I feel a deep sadness in my heart *a game that i started playing my first "g1 game"*

I really hope the new version see sunlight in the near future.

while  Fallen Earth is being taken offline , keep in mind it is from instability

Also keep in mind the upgrade for fallen Earth will be worked on in the server downtime

THE FALLEN WILL RISE AGAIN !!!