MattScott

Fallen Earth servers going offline 10/2

Well that will be a bit sad. But i will be back the minute you get it remastered and re-released. I have really enjoyed the game , and its kind of a surprise that it has been 10 years (almost) since it was released on Steam, I remember the excitement of seeing it "i can get the last of the v8 interceptors???" lol Mad max this crap now, take my money! 🙂 . Yeah its a shame that everyone started exploiting where they could, rather than just playing nice, human nature i guess, only takes a few clowns to mess it up for everyone, also a shame how past owners chased off so many players through silly decisions. I do hope you don't loose heart and just give up on her (the game), but actually get it sorted, and even if it is just similar to the original roll out (where the maps opened up in sections, i remember when Tiggs "turned on the weather".) as you get the bugs sorted, and although i hope we can port our original character and gear, if we can't that is still fine for me, i will come back and do it all again as a noob lvl 1, For now i am playing 7 days to die and Gloria Victis for the community "fix". Will try to log in for the 10th anniversary events, hope your handing out some Hamsters.  If possible, see if you can add combat ability for pets into the next version. That would be pretty cool. See you all when I see you.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

This is a bit bittersweet for me.

Prior to September 22nd, we will be launching the first all new event in honor of the 10 year anniversary for Fallen Earth.

We hope that players will enjoy what we have planned, because this will now be their last chance to play the current game with their friends.

I'm sad to announce that effective 10/2 (or there about based on when the event goes live), we will be taking the Fallen Earth servers offline.

Unfortunately after weeks of monitoring things and getting players feedback, I have determined the current state of Fallen Earth just isn't sustainable in its current form.

You guys have been very tolerant, but the player experience is terrible right now. It's laggy and buggy. Servers crash quite often, and stacking is still disabled due to exploits. 

I don't blame the player base for the low concurrency numbers. You need a better game to play.

For clarity, I am still committed to the new version of the game that we have been working on.

However we are still very early into development, so there isn't a timeline I can provide yet.

I want to personally thank everyone for their support over the last 17 months. Fallen Earth is still one of my favorite projects.

I look forward to giving it the proper attention it deserves.

EDIT: We will be turning on Commander for everything till the servers are turned off.

Sincerely,

Matt 

Fallen Earth has fallen, i blame myself for not playing it more recently.

I feel a deep sadness in my heart *a game that i started playing my first "g1 game"*

I really hope the new version see sunlight in the near future.

Till next time "TECH FORCERS RULE!"

latest?cb=20100417073339

11 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

This is a bit bittersweet for me.

Prior to September 22nd, we will be launching the first all new event in honor of the 10 year anniversary for Fallen Earth.

We hope that players will enjoy what we have planned, because this will now be their last chance to play the current game with their friends.

I'm sad to announce that effective 10/2 (or there about based on when the event goes live), we will be taking the Fallen Earth servers offline.

Unfortunately after weeks of monitoring things and getting players feedback, I have determined the current state of Fallen Earth just isn't sustainable in its current form.

You guys have been very tolerant, but the player experience is terrible right now. It's laggy and buggy. Servers crash quite often, and stacking is still disabled due to exploits. 

I don't blame the player base for the low concurrency numbers. You need a better game to play.

For clarity, I am still committed to the new version of the game that we have been working on.

However we are still very early into development, so there isn't a timeline I can provide yet.

I want to personally thank everyone for their support over the last 17 months. Fallen Earth is still one of my favorite projects.

I look forward to giving it the proper attention it deserves.

EDIT: We will be turning on Commander for everything till the servers are turned off.

Sincerely,

Matt 

It's sad to hear that you're shutting off the servers after all these years.

On a side note. To give you an easier time porting everything to Unity.

Decompile the assets and convert them over to unity.

Or...

Open the .bin file as a .txt with Notepad or use HXD to see everything in Hex. Copy/save parts of the code as Level0  Level1, globalgamemanager.assets, resource.assets.resS, sharedassets0.resS and the other file names. If you accidentally save the new files as a .txt file, change the extention and it should automatically switch over to Unity.   Don't forget to include app.info, boot.config or all of the Managed, Mono, Resource folders in the game folder.

I hope the best for you and your team on getting the new version up and running in the future. When you do, I will be playing it again. 

Edited by Grelko

Already uninstalled it’s a waste of time playing or enjoying anything. What’s the point in commander premium everything is going bye bye. Ah well good bye fallen earth 

8 hours ago, Rubbermade said:

i don't have hope for a new release it will be just a messed up and mismanaged rerun 

that everyone that spent years here will have to start over

i spent 8 years and hundreds of dollars just to loose all progress don't think its worth starting over

But if you don't come back (if that is ever a possibility) who will I compete with over who has the most toons? 😁

No matter the current server conditions, we still play it and taking it aways just for the sake of deserving a better game? That's not what the active community wants, no game is worse than a buggy but beloved game. If there is the option to keep the servers runnig, I'm sure we will pay more to make it possible. But please dont make it sound  like it's a generous decision on behalf of the community, because we want to keep playing!

• Like 2

I JUST found this game a week ago. I LOVE it. PLZ do not make me go play RUST or THE SKIES. Or, godz forbid... WoW. PLZ PLZ PLZ keep the servers up. OR let someone take over? Private servers? I MUST have this game. PLZ

• Like 3

Welp, sounds like its time to do one final tour of the wasteland and screenshot as much as I can, see how much I can remember and write it down for future generations.

Its been a good run. While I will hope for a FE 2, I wouldn't change the experiences I had in this game in a million years. Had a great time.

• Like 3

What to say about this news ?,

This was just what I expected given the latest events with the apb and a great disappointment since I have believed in you.

Honestly, I do not believe that there is a remastering as you are selling and if there is one I do not think that it exceeds in gameplay a simple reset of the game in an initial state that will solve the problems that you have detailed in your post and so You said, they motivated you to make that decision.

I am sorry to say this but you have not taken control of the game and you have not known how to make it big again.

Matt, I respect your decision because it is clear that the decision has not been easy but I do not share it.

Just tell that part of the community that really has not contributed ideas so that this did not happen and has been dedicated to criticize the opinion of others with teasing that ..... you have already achieved what you wanted, you have already screwed up the game. an applause

2 hours ago, Ardenn said:

Welp, sounds like its time to do one final tour of the wasteland and screenshot as much as I can, see how much I can remember and write it down for future generations.

Its been a good run. While I will hope for a FE 2, I wouldn't change the experiences I had in this game in a million years. Had a great time.

ARDENN..... That got another tear rolling down my face!  Butterfly here (the name you gave me)  You gave us all a good ( or should I say FUN ) experience when we got to cross paths.  Hope our paths get to cross again.  Take care ❤️ 

• Like 2

I'm sad that one era of Fallen Earth is over. It was a beautiful couple of years and thanks to all the players I had the honor to play with. I hope that everything will go well with the development of Fallen Earth on a new engine and a new era of this game will begin. I will look forward to new players, but also to the return of those old players who will not give up on the game.

Of course, thanks to Matt and the whole Little Orbit team who took the game and are trying to reborn it.

I hope to see you in the new Wasteland soon. 🙂

With love, Luka.

Edited by Lukasocz
  • Like 3

I hope with a new fresh start you we will have two separate servers one for PVE and one for PVP so the economy will be much more stable and without controlled PVP areas. 

I don't play FE because of PVP controlled areas, I can handle hick-ups.

Edited by wastelanderer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wastelanderer said:

I hope with a new fresh start you we will have two separate servers one for PVE and one for PVP so the economy will be much more stable and without controlled PVP areas. 

I don't play FE because of PVP controlled areas, I can handle hick-ups.

with the simple fact of a fresh start the game will recover, although I totally agree with you that the orientation of the game should be pve, having a unique pvp map as it has had, blood sports and the possibility of whipping at any time to whichever one (All this is more than enough).

The pvp should not be the center of attention or influence the materials for a pve player as it has been in recent years. I would bet more on the gameplay than on some powerful graphics.

Although Matt has said that they are in a very early stage, we will have to hope that they will do so in the end and not stay halfway, which sadly is the feeling it gives me, but I hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

Been lurking on the forums for awhile hoping to see some progress... Alas it's not to be

If for some reason a reboot does not happen, consider open sourcing the game code and assets you do have. Don't simply let the game die off for good. That serves nobody.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Micwilbur said:

Will the forum also be taken down?

No. The forums will stay here so we can post updates on the new version.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

If the servers shut down, this means a lack of funding. Most likely, the development progress will also be reduced. (Now one person will work on the game, not two. LUL)

You will never see FE again. Just accept it.  Everything is so bad that even Matt said "However we are still very early into development, so there isn't a timeline I can provide yet".

@MattScott The community proposed to close FE 6 months ago

2 hours ago, MattScott said:

No. The forums will stay here so we can post updates on the new version.

Thank you Matt.  At least we can stay in touch and get updates.  Regardless of some negativity on the part of others, a man can hope.

1 hour ago, Micwilbur said:

Thank you Matt.  At least we can stay in touch and get updates.  Regardless of some negativity on the part of others, a man can hope.

+1

18 hours ago, Kaylee Fryes said:

ARDENN..... That got another tear rolling down my face!  Butterfly here (the name you gave me)  You gave us all a good ( or should I say FUN ) experience when we got to cross paths.  Hope our paths get to cross again.  Take care ❤️ 

Ardenn has been preparing for the collapse of LifeNet for years.
Dont worry your pretty little head, he's lurking out in the wastes somewhere.
Its up to you to find him.

CHOTA!

• Like 1