Visionaireh

Crosshair Dot

Can we get an official response if modifying game files to get a crosshair dot is allowed to use right now?

I remember the time when G1 banned it, but didn't see anyone allowing the use of it once again.

I am asking because I was watching some people use custom crosshair dot in-game and they're just fine.

It was never allowed. Yeah you can see some stream with crosshair dot and even borderlands shaders - clearly wanting to get caught and banned. 

• Like 2

why bother modifying the game files when there are dozens of overlay programs that perform the same function without the risk of a ban?

• Like 2

At this point, it appears it doesn't really matter what does the official statement say, people disregard it anyway and use whatever they get their hands on. A few days ago a guy was publicly arguing how his triggerbot isn't actually giving him some drastic advantage, given he still has to aim, which evolved into a general district discussion what configs are best, how to properly configure macros, triggerbots and all rest possible crutches, exchanging tips and tricks, literally. It was like they were discussing weather conditions.

Moreover, seems like many have that impudent, cheeky attitude, you get often to hear "It's not detectable, go on and report me xD" or something similar, others go that far to even stream while breaking rules. Feels like it doesn't even matter anymore, as long as you don't get caught, it's fine. It's sad. 

24 minutes ago, Solamente said:

why bother modifying the game files when there are dozens of overlay programs that perform the same function without the risk of a ban?

like what? aren't overlays detectable and bannable?

22 minutes ago, Pedroxin said:

like what? aren't overlays detectable and bannable?

i know several people who use playclaw, but literally any program that allows you to force an image above active windows would work - you can even use discord/teamspeak/mumble overlays if you’re really that worried about the anticheat detecting a program that never touches the game itself

edit: there’s also the 100% undetectable method of putting a mark on your actual monitor screen 

Edited by Solamente
edit

Most of the people who use a dot dont even modify their config files. They just use an overlay application that puts a dot in the center. Lol

1 hour ago, Solamente said:

I use desktop logo for a permanent dot.  Can't ban me for that.  I don't see why a basic dot shouldn't be an option.

For all I know this is not tolerated as it uses shader edits that go beyond of what is permitted. (The only shader permitted right now is the "No fog" shader as it does not work like traditional shaders that would require you to turn on bloom.)

20 minutes ago, EmptyPillow said:

I drew a dot on my monitor wtf you gonna do about it

I really do hope you used some sort of undetected marker. I got some undetected private pens. pm me.

Edited by Netzu
  • Like 1

At this point, don't we all already know the answers to this?

A clue is that nobody ever has or ever will get banned for manual edits to the shader files and that in 3.5 that stuff will get locked and all edits you'll be allowed to make will be doable from within the game. Using any third party tools to do it except for advanced launcher can however get you banned.

Edited by SilverCrow

Hello, Custom Desktop Logo can be downloaded and be used in any game.

But modifying APB files is bannable.

zzzzzzzzzzzfds.png

Have fun

Edited by Dofus
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Frosi said:

For all I know this is not tolerated as it uses shader edits that go beyond of what is permitted. (The only shader permitted right now is the "No fog" shader as it does not work like traditional shaders that would require you to turn on bloom.)

The other day Matt stated they only approved temporarily use of Advanced APB Launcher, anything else is supposed to be a no-go. Since there is no option to remove fog there, how is this allowed? All this constant changing files and not knowing what is and isn't allowed is just crazy. They should pin a topic about this matter and not just answers some person question in some random thread or discord. Not everybody checks and reads everything so i'm sure half of the population doesn't even know about it

4 minutes ago, DeadPixels said:

The other day Matt stated they only approved temporarily use of Advanced APB Launcher, anything else is supposed to be a no-go. Since there is no option to remove fog there, how is this allowed? All this constant changing files and not knowing what is and isn't allowed is just crazy. They should pin a topic about this matter and not just answers some person question in some random thread or discord. Not everybody checks and reads everything so i'm sure half of the population doesn't even know about it

This is definitely something Matt should talk about. His stance on the No fog shader is over a year old so it is nothing recent, however, if Matt wants to change his stance on these very things then he needs to communicate that very clearly with the community as a major part of the community is using the No fog shader as it is a huge FPS gain. For now, I'd say its a use at your own risk kind of thing until we get an official stance on it.

20 minutes ago, Lato said:

this topic again? jesus this community

Yes, what about it? It's a grey area that no one knows the final answer for. Asking here to get an official response from @MattScott or @Lixil if it's allowed or not, once and for all.

Edited by Visionaireh

I have escalated the question to see if we can get an official response to this before the engine upgrade launches.

Do not use anything that modifies game files or renders anything ontop of the game (excluding Steam, Discord, etc..) if you wish to be on the safe side.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Visionaireh said:

I am playing the game vanilla. It was just a thought if it is allowed again.

But why ? You are god damn OP already ! 😄 

39 minutes ago, Flight said:

Do not use anything that modifies game files or renders anything ontop of the game (excluding Steam, Discord, etc..) if you wish to be on the safe side.

PlayClaw is by default an allowed program according the the Easy Anti Cheat website, so technically it should be allowed, since the game/EAC would otherwise kick oneself out of the game for running PlayClaw
Also, IIRC, Matt Scott at some point mentioned that customizing the crosshair directly in-game is one of the planned things to be added either with or after the engine upgrade, if anyone knows for sure please @mention me (or make a pinned post for everyone to see in the forums regarding all this stuff), thanks!

• Like 1

OH MY GOD HES USING A CROSSHAIR!?!?! CHEATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CHEAAAAAAAATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

It does not really matter at this point honestly. 

In terms of modifying game files, it has been speculated/said that the engine upgrade will/may restrict/stop the modification of files.

So I would honestly just wait and not care since all this "Cheater Crosshair" stuff has been around for over 5 years, maybe even since the game was bought by G1. 

(As you can see theres a lot of "/" since I don't 100% remember the exact wording used)

3 hours ago, Ulexos said:

PlayClaw is by default an allowed program according the the Easy Anti Cheat website, so technically it should be allowed, since the game/EAC would otherwise kick oneself out of the game for running PlayClaw
Also, IIRC, Matt Scott at some point mentioned that customizing the crosshair directly in-game is one of the planned things to be added either with or after the engine upgrade, if anyone knows for sure please @mention me (or make a pinned post for everyone to see in the forums regarding all this stuff), thanks!

Ulexos, thats just like saying that my Anti-Virus should not be allowed because it gets blocked by EAC when I start the game.