MattScott

IMPORTANT: Releasing unused character and clan names

On 9/3/2019 at 4:49 PM, MrM0dZ said:

so... who's taking Goat?

i do not believe banned names will be released

2 hours ago, tennogrineer said:

and what about accounts that have the same name on each world server? which has priority?

i believe thats the users choice like kempington

2 hours ago, tennogrineer said:

what about two players with the same name that both log in? who gets priority?

not sure sorry

12 hours ago, olo said:

played on four servers , had 4 sets of two identical name . don't see the problem .

If you have the same names on Jericho and Citadel, you will have to rename one pair. 

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

If you have the same names on Jericho and Citadel, you will have to rename one pair. 

Yes. after moving all eight of the characters I will spend something around 1500 G1 for a full recovery of their names . 1500 G1 is not money

41 minutes ago, olo said:

Yes. after moving all eight of the characters I will spend something around 1500 G1 for a full recovery of their names . 1500 G1 is not money

If you have to change your names, I think LO is giving you free name changes.

18 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

If you have to change your names, I think LO is giving you free name changes.

my problem is too individual .

I think they did a good job of preserving and bringing my characters back into the game .

Does this mean I can buy shit on EU MP now?

God damn, to imagine not seeing the same 27 pages of symbols that have been on there for the last year.... Im crying at the thought

in the joker/colby merge one of my characters was arbitrarily renamed even though there was no other character with the name, and following the merge the name was locked albeit not actually being in use and g1 support didn't help at all

i just hope support is prepped for the incoming tidal wave of tickets

52 minutes ago, Uru! said:

i just hope support is prepped for the incoming tidal wave of tickets

which means that we are at 24 day response time.

458202748287188992.png?v=1

Will it be possible for LO, to allow us the option to put a space between names? 

Example: MattScott   ------ >  Matt Scott

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tears said:

Will it be possible for LO, to allow us the option to put a space between names?

Example: MattScott   ------ >  Matt Scott

They'd have to do some backend work to change how names are handled by the server, but that'd be so nice if they took the time.

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 1:25 AM, a Pair of Socks said:

Does this mean I can buy shit on EU MP now?

God damn, to imagine not seeing the same 27 pages of symbols that have been on there for the last year.... Im crying at the thought

not with the coming change, but later when the merge they prepare happened you can buy and sell all your weeb stuff there.

On 9/13/2019 at 3:31 AM, LilyV3 said:

not with the coming change, but later when the merge they prepare happened you can buy and sell all your weeb stuff there.

not with the coming change... I thought that was the coming change; no more region lock

Whats the point of even playing anymore then LOL

Edited by Guest

@MattScott@Lixil - the lack of official response on the actual "how does it work" is frightening. you are asking everyone to just blindly trust a system with the same headliner of "just log in an you'll be fine" which screwed over older active players when regions were merged before..now doing it on a global scale.

with 11-12 days left of the month, id would hope for more details before we see the same things g1 tried to sweep under the rug.

On 9/1/2019 at 7:44 PM, MattScott said:

I appreciate everyone's help with this. We have a lot of work to get through in the next couple months, and this is being done to prep the large world consolidation between Jericho and Citadel that I have previously mentioned as part of this post: 

Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

My understanding is LO will be releasing unused clan and character names on the 2nd October 2019 and another month or so later they will be doing the Jericho and Citadel merge? 

If so, getting a released name on the 2nd October does not guarantee we get to keep it until the server merge happens?

see you guys on october the 3rd i guess.

2 hours ago, _chain said:

see you guys on october the 3rd i guess.

See you there 🙋‍♀️

It'd be nice if he'd post info via primary and official channels, instead of keeping it all on an unofficial Discord that can only be accessed if you happen to know someone already on it because it isn't linked anywhere.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Hexerin said:

It'd be nice if he'd post info via primary and official channels, instead of keeping it all on an unofficial Discord that can only be accessed if you happen to know someone already on it because it isn't linked anywhere.

i didn’t realize a social media dm could be any more official 

i do agree that we need an official discord tho

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 12:06 AM, ForumUser said:

This still doesn't answer name priority. Who gets priority for a name if both characters are 255? Does the person who created the name first get priority? Does the person who has the most gameplay hours get priority? Does the person who has the most recent gameplay hours get priority? Does the person who spent the most g1c get priority? @MattScott You need to list the requirements for name priority. I don't want to spend an egregious amount of hours and g1c for a name if I cannot retain the name.

it's just a Name! Get over it or

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 5:17 PM, TheDogCatcher said:

This is idiotic, I just had a friend visit and we wanted to play a bit of APB for old times sake but of course he couldn't log into his account because of the password change also he couldn't remember password for his old email address. The only way to contact support is by registering a new account and then waiting for support to respond, we didn't have time to sort all of that out, and anyway it takes support weeks to respond. Now you want to delete his character in a month if he doesn't log in , a character he spent good money on, you guys are the pits.

E2a: no wonder the population is dying , half of them probably can't be bothered to jump through all the hoops needed just to log in.

all the Things you wrote are not Problems LO has made. It's your account and your Problem if you cant remember or Login to your "old" email addy. It's for security that you have to Change your Passwords at regular intervals.

2 hours ago, Kakalaki said:

all the Things you wrote are not Problems LO has made. It's your account and your Problem if you cant remember or Login to your "old" email addy. It's for security that you have to Change your Passwords at regular intervals.

Firstly we've already covered this, I got the wrong end of the stick, it happens.

Secondly it's not my account but a friend's, he only made the account so he could play APB with me, it was a long time ago and he forgot the password.

so thanks for the sermon but it wasn't really needed.

8 hours ago, Kakalaki said:

it's just a Name! Get over it or

Names mean a lot to people and not so much to other people. My name is probably one of the only reasons why I still continue to play APB as much as I do. The moment LO strips it from me, I won't be playing APB as much, if ever, and I will definitely never buy g1c ever again.

I am sure there are several players that share the same sentiment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ForumUser said:

My name is probably one of the only reasons why I still continue to play APB 

Weirdest thing I've read on the forums in quite some time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ForumUser said:

I am sure there are several players that share the same sentiment.

I have backup names, so I'd ultimately just switch to one of them. It'd still suck to lose my current one though. Course, I'm also not worried. My name is unusual enough that it's highly unlikely someone else has it. There's also the part where my account is ancient, so would take priority over just about everyone else regardless.

8 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Weirdest thing I've read on the forums in quite some time. 

It's actually quite normal.

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

It's actually quite normal.

To play a game just because of your name in the game? 

ffO6YlX.png

If that WAS the case, just give yourself the name in another game.

GG EZ

Edited by CookiePuss