MattScott

IMPORTANT: Releasing unused character and clan names

3 hours ago, supermariobrothe said:

will they get a free name change or get deleted?

3 minutes ago, TheDogCatcher said:

Now you want to delete his character in a month if he doesn't log in

20 hours ago, MattScott said:

If you don't manage to log in, then it's no problem. Everything will still be there, but your character names will be changed and we will flag you for a free name change.

Hmmm, I don't see anything about them getting deleted. Just a rename

Just now, Kevkof said:

Hmmm, I don't see anything about them getting deleted. Just a rename

Ah my bad ... appologies for the rant.

It's still a pain in the arse trying to log in for some older returning players though.

5 minutes ago, TheDogCatcher said:

It's still a pain in the arse trying to log in for some older returning players though.

Yep, that it really is. But those that are responsible for that forced password reset (Januari 2018) are no longer with the company

Edit: or at least I'd hope they aren't.

Edited by Kevkof

On 9/1/2019 at 9:44 PM, MattScott said:

If you don't manage to log in, then it's no problem. Everything will still be there, but your character names will be changed and we will flag you for a free name change.

Can I still get the free name change even if I logged in Today?

On 9/1/2019 at 3:30 PM, Darkzero3802 said:

There are those forum warriors who only log into the forum and complain instead of getting in the game to actually populate it.

Because we don't have a reason to play yet.
Some of us have been waiting for something to get us back since 2014 lol
If LO delivers what we've been waiting for then you will see the warriors return to the game

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keshi said:

Because we don't have a reason to play yet.
Some of us have been waiting for something to get us back since 2014 lol
If LO delivers what we've been waiting for then you will see the warriors return to the game

Heres an idea, populate the game so this way it will live longer and give LO some support by buying afew things. You really want something you gota give something back so they can actually do said something.

38 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Heres an idea, populate the game so this way it will live longer and give LO some support by buying afew things. You really want something you gota give something back so they can actually do said something.

i have every single item in the game... on both of my accounts
I believe in LO but i just do not have a reason to play. I don't have nothing to grind for. And APB is like 1 of the 20 other games i play which i do have things to grind for there.
So yes i log in like once a month and play but atm there's nothing to get me to play apb now.
UE3.5 with new contacts will give my 16 characters new reasons to grind lol

Just play for the sake of playing it, why did you play this game in the first place? to unlock shit you will never use once you got it?

• Thanks 1

Started passing the news to some VRChat friends and kept hearing a lot of "Oh shit I forgot about that game" in the background from a bunch of bystanders who overheard.  I also managed to overhear some nostalgic conversations about it afterwards, it was pretty nice to see.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, supermariobrothe said:

Just play for the sake of playing it, why did you play this game in the first place? to unlock shit you will never use once you got it?

Some people play to unlock stuff, some people play to grind(level characters up) and some people play to have fun.
I'd like to have fun and grind at the same time. i've been "play just for the sake of playing it" for almost 5years and stopped around 2017. So while i am waiting on those new contacts to be delivered, i'll be playing other games that has my interests.

It's not that hard to understand lol. I mean i do get what everyone is saying "play populate it help growing back" but ye man this has been going since 2012, even if it was owned by a previous company the fact remains that it's been going on since 2012 and people slowly start falling off to something else.
A successful UE3.5 with new contact will bring people back.

4 hours ago, Keshi said:

i have every single item in the game... on both of my accounts
I believe in LO but i just do not have a reason to play. I don't have nothing to grind for. And APB is like 1 of the 20 other games i play which i do have things to grind for there.
So yes i log in like once a month and play but atm there's nothing to get me to play apb now.
UE3.5 with new contacts will give my 16 characters new reasons to grind lol

I have everything as well yet I still play on a regular basis. Again its called populating the servers.

2 hours ago, Keshi said:

Some people play to unlock stuff, some people play to grind(level characters up) and some people play to have fun.
I'd like to have fun and grind at the same time. i've been "play just for the sake of playing it" for almost 5years and stopped around 2017. So while i am waiting on those new contacts to be delivered, i'll be playing other games that has my interests.

It's not that hard to understand lol. I mean i do get what everyone is saying "play populate it help growing back" but ye man this has been going since 2012, even if it was owned by a previous company the fact remains that it's been going on since 2012 and people slowly start falling off to something else.

And 3.5 will never happen if nobody plays the game to warrant its release. If everybody did what you did the game would have fully shut down by now.

17 hours ago, Keshi said:

Maybe you just got burned out on the game and i doubt any new content will fix you being bored to death of the same old core gameplay mechanics unless they do something really drastic and reinvent the wheel.

On 9/3/2019 at 7:14 PM, (PS4)Vyxra said:

@MattScott Will this affect console characters too or just PC?

It's only PC. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/1/2019 at 6:06 PM, ForumUser said:

This still doesn't answer name priority. Who gets priority for a name if both characters are 255? Does the person who created the name first get priority? Does the person who has the most gameplay hours get priority? Does the person who has the most recent gameplay hours get priority? Does the person who spent the most g1c get priority? @MattScott You need to list the requirements for name priority. I don't want to spend an egregious amount of hours and g1c for a name if I cannot retain the name.

Any response @MattScott? I am waiting to see if I should bother buying g1c now or never.

• Like 1

plz make this with console too people are started to force themselves with numbers in their name lol 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ForumUser said:

Any response @MattScott? I am waiting to see if I should bother buying g1c now or never.

On 9/2/2019 at 12:00 AM, Hexerin said:

They're never going to answer about this.

I am not sure if I managed the last year to never access certain toons of mine. Erasing things is nice tho.

On 9/1/2019 at 2:44 PM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

On October 2nd 2019, we will be releasing character and clan names that haven't been accessed in over a year.

In order to preserve your names, just log into your account on APB Reloaded during the next 31 days. It's that simple. Just log into your account. For those with multiple accounts, you may want to double check that you logged into has your favorite character or clan names so there are no surprises later.

last time this happened, it had a tendency to fuck up veteran characters who actually did log in (i.e. a r1 who hasnt logged in since the start took the name of a r255). what's the difference between this time and last time? can they actually trust your process?

and what about accounts that have the same name on each world server? which has priority?

what about two players with the same name that both log in? who gets priority?

"it's that simple"...please explain your simplicity before you lose even more players over this again.

Edited by tennogrineer

1 hour ago, tennogrineer said:

last time this happened, it had a tendency to fuck up veteran characters who actually did log in (i.e. a r1 who hasnt logged in since the start took the name of a r255). what's the difference between this time and last time? can they actually trust your process?

and what about accounts that have the same name on each world server? which has priority?

"it's that simple"...please explain your simplicity before you lose even more players over this again.

played on four servers , had 4 sets of two identical name . don't see the problem .

2 hours ago, tennogrineer said:

Based on the answers MattScott has given us on the recent Q&A session about name priority, the name priority is based on a number of factors. Does the player have a 255 on the account? How many total gameplay hours are on the account? This is good because not everyone plays on one character and name priority should be based on total gameplay hours on the account.

What I am unsure of, but have a hunch is that the amount of hours recently played on the account may influence the decision for who gets priority for a name. This is a win in my books. The account that has the most hours and the most recent gameplay hours should have priority for a name.

If it were me, I would have given name priority to who spent the most g1c in addition to the current factors, but I am satisfied if my hunch is correct.

Edited by ForumUser