MattScott

IMPORTANT: Releasing unused character and clan names

Hi all,

On October 2nd 2019, we will be releasing character and clan names that haven't been accessed in over a year.

In order to preserve your names, just log into your account on APB Reloaded during the next 31 days. It's that simple. Just log into your account. For those with multiple accounts, you may want to double check that you logged into has your favorite character or clan names so there are no surprises later.

If you don't manage to log in, then it's no problem. Everything will still be there, but your character names will be changed and we will flag you for a free name change.

I appreciate everyone's help with this. We have a lot of work to get through in the next couple months, and this is being done to prep the large world consolidation between Jericho and Citadel that I have previously mentioned as part of this post: 

Please pass this announcement on to other players of APB Reloaded so we can spread the word.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi all

hello

2 minutes ago, greenfield said:

no worries, i'm here everyday 🙂

There are those forum warriors who only log into the forum and complain instead of getting in the game to actually populate it.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

..releasing character and clan names..

Thank you very much for that Matt, really like the way you doing things, i appreciate.

You guys can use the yellow text that appears every 10 minutes on top of your apb client when in a district, Reloaded Productions were using that to advertise armas at some point, so why not this ?

Edited by Ketog
  • Like 1

this probably won't work but matt can i talk to you about a huge favor regarding names

This still doesn't answer name priority. Who gets priority for a name if both characters are 255? Does the person who created the name first get priority? Does the person who has the most gameplay hours get priority? Does the person who has the most recent gameplay hours get priority? Does the person who spent the most g1c get priority? @MattScott You need to list the requirements for name priority. I don't want to spend an egregious amount of hours and g1c for a name if I cannot retain the name.

Edited by ForumUser
  • Like 1

I've been wondering for a while if a clan names wipe could take place any time soon so this is great news. Thanks Matt and team.

3 hours ago, Ketog said:

You guys can use the yellow text that appears every 10 minutes on top of your apb client when in a district, Reloaded Productions were using that to advertise armas at some point, so why not this ?

i guess that will work for people that actually login in the first place i suppose (in which case they will be fine), but what about all the rest?

sorry bud but someone had to pull you up on that one 🙂

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, YumiSakura said:

i guess that will work for people that actually login in the first place i suppose (in which case they will be fine), but what about all the rest?

sorry bud but someone had to pull you up on that one 🙂

i think he meant as a way to inform as many players as possible, so they might spread the word further

after all only a small percentage of the playerbase uses the forums

1 minute ago, Solamente said:

i think he meant as a way to inform as many players as possible, so they might spread the word further

indeed you are right, but..... anyone who cares enough will already know and spread "the word"

how much further does it need to reach at this point though?

Just now, YumiSakura said:

indeed you are right, but..... anyone who cares enough will already know and spread "the word"

how much further does it need to reach at this point though?

i imagine the idea is to spread the word as far as possible, as every person informed of the name wipe is another person who won't be angry/sad/frustrated the next time they log in and their name is gone

1 minute ago, Solamente said:

i imagine the idea is to spread the word as far as possible, as every person informed of the name wipe is another person who won't be angry/sad/frustrated the next time they log in and their name is gone

im with you on that one but ingame broadcasts are not gonna help spread word of mouth my friend.

1 minute ago, YumiSakura said:

im with you on that one but ingame broadcasts are not gonna help spread word of mouth my friend.

11 minutes ago, Solamente said:

are you intentionally going in circles or

10 minutes ago, Solamente said:

are you intentionally going in circles or

people talk, those who play talk, those who visit the forum talk, those in social talk, the % outside that area i would call insignificant or dont care.

next?

2 minutes ago, YumiSakura said:

people talk, those who play talk, those who visit the forum talk, those in social talk, the % outside that area i would call insignificant or dont care.

next?

1. player does not use the forum
  2. player does not know about the name wipe
  3. player sees ingame broadcast
  4. player tells his inactive friends about the name wipe

i imagine this was the scenario ketog was intending when he suggested ingame broadcasts, idk why its so hard for you to grasp this concept

that's sooo good . because almost all good names are takon and the owners left the game . but wait , some people will get free name change ? i want that xDD @MattScott that's not fair xD 

I do like the idea of releasing unused names but you mentioning and announcing to the public several times doesn't really help. Because now you gonna have a player that haven't played like 5 years now will log in play a few rounds then log out and boom he kept his name. Specially if it was a unique name. Instead of making a year haven't log in make it in a way if a player hasn't played like 300 hours in the last year will lose he name or something like that.

BTW can you make the releasing day on Saturday October 7th because i don't know people work on Wednesday. Everybody is been waiting for this for a long time before LO came over its not fair that adults that work during the week is gonna lose the opportunity. I think it should be fair to release it on the weekend this way globally the majority of the people worldwide are off. 

Edited by MidnightQ

19 minutes ago, MidnightQ said:

I do like the idea of releasing unused names but you mentioning and announcing to the public several times doesn't really help. Because now you gonna have a player that haven't played like 5 years now will log in play a few rounds then log out and boom he kept his name. Specially if it was a unique name. Instead of making a year haven't log in make it in a way if a player hasn't played like 300 hours in the last year will lose he name or something like that.

BTW can you make the releasing day on Saturday October 7th because i don't know people work on Wednesday. Everybody is been waiting for this for a long time before LO came over its not fair that adults that work during the week is gonna lose the opportunity. I think it should be fair to release it on the weekend this way globally the majority of the people worldwide are off. 

i assume the name wipe is related to a game patch, so unless you want a 2 hour (or more, considering how often orbit bungles patch day) downtime on a saturday it should stay scheduled on wednesday 

8 hours ago, ForumUser said:

This still doesn't answer name priority. Who gets priority for a name if both characters are 255? Does the person who created the name first get priority? Does the person who has the most gameplay hours get priority? Does the person who has the most recent gameplay hours get priority? Does the person who spent the most g1c get priority? @MattScott You need to list the requirements for name priority. I don't want to spend an egregious amount of hours and g1c for a name if I cannot retain the name.

They're never going to answer about this.

This sounds a bit like a bone headed move, it should be accounts that hadnt been logged into for at least over 3 years, not one or two, some people are just waiting for that carrot on a stick engine update. Furthermore and more importantly, people cant log into their characters even if they wanted to because of the G1 password reset and your support being understaffed, the 1 months notice is just not enough, and what will happen to those accounts, will they get a free name change or get deleted? and for those who couldnt get their accounts back in time for the name deletion, how will they prove to support what their characters names were when those names are deleted?

• Like 1

This is idiotic, I just had a friend visit and we wanted to play a bit of APB for old times sake but of course he couldn't log into his account because of the password change also he couldn't remember password for his old email address. The only way to contact support is by registering a new account and then waiting for support to respond, we didn't have time to sort all of that out, and anyway it takes support weeks to respond. Now you want to delete his character in a month if he doesn't log in , a character he spent good money on, you guys are the pits.

E2a: no wonder the population is dying , half of them probably can't be bothered to jump through all the hoops needed just to log in.

Edited by TheDogCatcher
  • Like 1