Noob_Guardian

You going to re-look at overtime?

Before G1 changed it you could go into overtime by taking a point with no time left. Now you can't. This new change is really dumb imo, even though it's gotten me some wins, it's really frustrating for example, to have 3 enemy location points for the enemies, start taking 2 of them, and instantly lose instead of having a chance to take and hold them while still on the points. I feel like reverting overtime, or making it more lenient at times would be nice.

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Before G1 changed it you could go into overtime by taking a point with no time left. Now you can't. This new change is really dumb imo, even though it's gotten me some wins, it's really frustrating for example, to have 3 enemy location points for the enemies, start taking 2 of them, and instantly lose instead of having a chance to take and hold them while still on the points. I feel like reverting overtime, or making it more lenient at times would be nice.

When did they change it? I thought it was just a bug. 

3 minutes ago, Alani said:

When did they change it? I thought it was just a bug. 

No it was an official change to my knowledge, the entire overtime system didn't just "glitch out" without anyone noticing before. Why do you think noone's made a topic about it being a glitch/bug in years?

Edited by Noob_Guardian

56 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

No it was an official change to my knowledge, the entire overtime system didn't just "glitch out" without anyone noticing before. Why do you think noone's made a topic about it being a glitch/bug in years?

Many missions are bugged though, don't mistake that. The most egregious example of this is the mission with three spray points.

• If enforcers have a point lead, they need to hold at least 2 of the 3 spray objectives to win when the timer runs out.
  • If enforcers are behind on points, they need to hold all three spray objectives for overtime to start, and instantly lose if a criminal takes one.

This is just one of a few examples of missions that have been broken for many years, which was made more obvious with the introduction of overtime. Let's not even start getting into how overtime can't even function properly on the item-based missions, since it doesn't even track the items themselves.

• Like 1

I have 1 also, Overtime doesn't activate if 2 people are delivering the drop off items instead of 1.

5 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Many missions are bugged though, don't mistake that. The most egregious example of this is the mission with three spray points.

• If enforcers have a point lead, they need to hold at least 2 of the 3 spray objectives to win when the timer runs out.
  • If enforcers are behind on points, they need to hold all three spray objectives for overtime to start, and instantly lose if a criminal takes one.

This is just one of a few examples of missions that have been broken for many years, which was made more obvious with the introduction of overtime. Let's not even start getting into how overtime can't even function properly on the item-based missions, since it doesn't even track the items themselves.

I play enforcer and thought that was just how the game worked.

4 minutes ago, illgot said:

I play enforcer and thought that was just how the game worked.

I'm also an enforcer main, but I've capped out multiple crims over the years as well. On the surface level, there's a ton of things that seem like favoritism for the criminal faction. However, if you take the time to examine these things, in most cases that's only a coincidence caused by one or more of the myriad of bugs in this game.

It's always been an amusement of mine to claim the devs favor the criminal faction, using these issues as a basis to support the claim. It's provably false, of course.

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

On the surface level, there's a ton of things that seem like favoritism for the criminal faction.

I think this was somewhat intentional originally, because Crims were supposed to be the bigger faction (i.e. more players should play Crims). Originally matchmaking would put Enforcers against Criminals and Criminals against each other.

Unfortunately the player cap was not adjusted for this, so oftentimes Enforcers would be idling unopposed while Crims were going at each other. But instead of fixing the population limits they disabled CvC matchmaking.

• Like 2

I honestly have zero issues ever with over time ever messing up. Legit don't know what you the rest of you are talking about.

20 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I honestly have zero issues ever with over time ever messing up. Legit don't know what you the rest of you are talking about.

you’ve never had a 3 point hold where each team has one obj and you (or a teammate) are in the process of taking the 3rd obj but the match ends, no overtime? 

thats the most frustrating one for me, because those matches are usually very close 

i hated over time ever since they introduced it, the rules for it were never clear to me because it was different from mission to mission and as soon as you figure it out, they change the rules again.

We ended up loosing so many missions because of overtime nonsense, that we should have won fair and square because we outplayed them this whole time, but no the game just have to hold their baby hand and reward them for being bad at the game just because one of them managed to ninja the item and put it in a car. 

I remember when they just introduced overtime, it broke a warehouse point hold mission in waterfront and it would not end, trapping players in it for hours till admins had to restart the server every time it happened, making you loose all that score and standing you accumulated over those hours being stuck there.

Is the bomb finale still stacked against Enforcers? I remember that even if the Enforcers held the bomb until the last second, all the Crims had to do was ensure the bomb was armed as the timer ran out, regardless of how long it had been armed for. If so, that finale needs overtime more than anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, supermariobrothe said:

but no the game just have to hold their baby hand and reward them for being bad at the game just because one of them managed to ninja the item

weird complaint, because without overtime you would have just lost the mission instead of having the opportunity to get the item back

On 8/31/2019 at 4:51 AM, Revoluzzer said:

I think this was somewhat intentional originally, because Crims were supposed to be the bigger faction (i.e. more players should play Crims). Originally matchmaking would put Enforcers against Criminals and Criminals against each other.

Unfortunately the player cap was not adjusted for this, so oftentimes Enforcers would be idling unopposed while Crims were going at each other. But instead of fixing the population limits they disabled CvC matchmaking.

That sounds awesome. @MattScott should look into bringing that back.

On 8/31/2019 at 8:58 PM, Lord Cashpoint said:

Is the bomb finale still stacked against Enforcers? I remember that even if the Enforcers held the bomb until the last second, all the Crims had to do was ensure the bomb was armed as the timer ran out, regardless of how long it had been armed for. If so, that finale needs overtime more than anything. 

that's never been touched, it's how the mission was originally designed. It needs done if they ever go back through and fix missions. Let's not begin on missions like Majong Money and some other clearly broken ones.

On 8/31/2019 at 5:04 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Lucky you, i just lost one the other day because we were taking 2 points at the same time of 3, and they had more points so there was no overtime while we were taking it. Before there would be overtime.

Merged.

On 8/31/2019 at 6:36 AM, Hexerin said:

Good points, i never noticed either of them before. It's been a while, so all i know is that if you were taking a point before, it would start overtime, but it doesn't do that anymore. Which lead me to make this post.

On 8/31/2019 at 10:12 PM, Solamente said:

weird complaint, because without overtime you would have just lost the mission instead of having the opportunity to get the item back

no because we had the bar almost filled up while they had only half of it, it doesnt matter who has the item when the timer runs out, people who have the most score should win.

7 hours ago, supermariobrothe said:

no because we had the bar almost filled up while they had only half of it, it doesnt matter who has the item when the timer runs out, people who have the most score should win.

item hold points were only added to enable overtime, it wouldn’t make much sense to have points and no overtime 

On 9/2/2019 at 7:16 PM, Solamente said:

item hold points were only added to enable overtime, it wouldn’t make much sense to have points and no overtime 

Why? in everything else ever, people that got the most score win the competition, why would this not make sense in APB?

23 minutes ago, supermariobrothe said:

Why? in everything else ever, people that got the most score win the competition, why would this not make sense in APB?

because it doesn't make much sense to lose a mission when you are in possession of the objective

keeping points but removing overtime would just end up with final stages being even worse than they already are because inevitably there would be a point where no matter what you do you can't win - i'd prefer not to end up in situations where my team needs 90 points to win but there's only 1 minute left in the mission, the higher the point difference the longer both teams are just sitting around not playing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, supermariobrothe said:

American football begs to differ.

there is overtime regularly in good matchups

18 hours ago, Solamente said:

because it doesn't make much sense to lose a mission when you are in possession of the objective

keeping points but removing overtime would just end up with final stages being even worse than they already are because inevitably there would be a point where no matter what you do you can't win - i'd prefer not to end up in situations where my team needs 90 points to win but there's only 1 minute left in the mission, the higher the point difference the longer both teams are just sitting around not playing

ok i see your point, but how about than just making the game do some math and see that theres no more time for opp to fill up the bar and just ending the match at that, some matches drag on unnecessary long anyways.

8 hours ago, supermariobrothe said:

ok i see your point, but how about than just making the game do some math and see that theres no more time for opp to fill up the bar and just ending the match at that, some matches drag on unnecessary long anyways.

sounds like a whole lot of work for something that doesn’t need to be done considering the current system already works 90% of the time

15 hours ago, supermariobrothe said:

in the past you could do an objective in the last few seconds, have the timer hit 0, take point and hold it for 5 sec to 1 minute and win with no time on clock. (Overtime clock runs faster than the standard tickrate).

Currently this happens for some missions, however, for others it auto-ends even when taking the objective when you should have overtime.

Some matches drag on too long, such as majong money, because the attacking team insists 3x in a row to take and turn in the objective with 1 minute or less on the clock, with 10 minute stages. The final stage is just as long as well. Most matches are fine, except for majong, and a few others. Phantom menace has like 8 stages of ~4-6 so its not "too" bad, but it's still a long mission.

Edited by Noob_Guardian