Lixil

Message from Matt Blog Post for August

Hi everyone,

The blog post for the month of August can be found here:
https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2019/8/29/message-from-matt

There are a large number of big topics included in this post from releasing old character names and some exciting news related to the APB IP.
Head to the link above to read the latest and greatest things happening in APB.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Dunno, still feel terrified from the latest changes in the game. Hopefully you will not go on the same path like them all.

• Like 1

we'll also be running an event in Test Districts to allow players to earn Joker Tickets

3slot golden osmaw here i come

So on September 11th at 10am PST, Kempington will be hosting another Question & Answer session with me on his Twitch channel.

friendly reminder that everyone should use the restroom before the stream starts

Next week, we'll be adding a new round of weapons, and to spice things up we'll also be running an event in Test Districts to allow players to earn Joker Tickets for helping us test.

here's hoping I'm getting some love...

anyway, good idea making people earn some JT's to test new balance changes.

is this event going to be something like "kill x players with *testweapon*"? would make sense to make people actually use the test weapons to earn JT's...

49 minutes ago, Solamente said:

friendly reminder that everyone should use the restroom before the stream starts

It's what you call a shite bucket no need for a toilet hahahaha.

Edited by ɱɑƫƫʂϗᎧɨɨ™

ok, so the engine upgrade is still at soon ™ stage. cool

Edited by Pedroxin

6 hours ago, Lixil said:

Hi everyone,

The blog post for the month of August can be found here:
https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2019/8/29/message-from-matt

There are a large number of big topics included in this post from releasing old character names and some exciting news related to the APB IP.
Head to the link above to read the latest and greatest things happening in APB.

Damn, you guys really pushing forward APB and the community, never seen so many news and things coming, and if i ever saw them was really ages ago.

Thank you very much for caring about us, i won't forget that.

Honestly i can't wait for all the changes coming down the way, because like you said now Australia team are also paying attention to APB LIVE and future updates together you guys.

Best of the luck for you, and keep pushing, keep màke moves like those.

character or clan name that hasn't been logged into for a year or more. So if you want to keep your name (assuming it doesn't have any special symbols in it), then all you have to do is log that character in

This is not very clear at all.

Does it mean that if I login to  play daily but I haven't used a character over an year*  that name will be released despite that the account in general is active?

edit: 

and why don't you guys make your own stream instead rather than promoting and relying on others? Same applies for discord.

For example CCP have own twitch channel where they do streams rather than picking the "top" streamer and being unfair towards the rest. That's how it's done. Professionalism.

Edited by Sayori
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

the only thing that got me excited is the q&a with our beloved pillar of the community. the rest is the same mumbo jumbo we've been hearing. 

But Kempington say he quit APB, What the fudge? !?!?! O_o

Edited by cheater

i wonder if i'm gonna die before this engine upgrade comes out

Will there be any way to check if a desired name is free or taken? You used to be able to do that via armas gifting, but that feature is long gone.

My alt needs a new name and I don't feel like wasting money on a name change that I eventually won't be able to use.

3 hours ago, GhosT said:

Will there be any way to check if a desired name is free or taken? You used to be able to do that via armas gifting, but that feature is long gone.

My alt needs a new name and I don't feel like wasting money on a name change that I eventually won't be able to use.

what about sending them a message at the mailbox? sorry if you already tried that

or just... creating a new character

Edited by neophobia

so the new "merge" is in october? damn, time to take a break for a month..

@MattScott Please do something to encourage new and low skilled players to join clans, make teams and have some social aspect so they will get less STOMPED and not quit the game forever. 

May be some JTs or rewards for people who play together ? 

APB is all about communication and then comes skills.  Also even if they loose as a team, they feel less bad lol and continue to have fun around !  I ve been there 😄

Edited by fragmeister
  • Like 3

In other words, the engine upgrade isn't coming until 2020, maybe summber. lol man.

Not sure why i keep trying to wait for this sh**, what is wrong with me?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, LAPDAlonso said:

In other words, the engine upgrade isn't coming until 2020, maybe summber. lol man.

idk either but i, too, have that question

1 hour ago, LAPDAlonso said:

we’d all like to know what’s wrong with you alonzo 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LAPDAlonso said:

I dunno, you just kinda... keep coming back...  You've posted pretty much this same exact thing at least 3 or 4 times now in the last couple of months.

10 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

I dunno, you just kinda... keep coming back...  You've posted pretty much this same exact thing at least 3 or 4 times now in the last couple of months.

I lurk around the forums, but i don't play the game. As for what i have been saying, yes every few months i will come in and read a post and say the same thing.  I would however like them to post some video footage and "more" screenshots.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LAPDAlonso said:

I lurk around the forums, but i don't play the game. As for what i have been saying, yes every few months i will come in and read a post and say the same thing.  I would however like them to post some video footage and "more" screenshots.

Not 100% recent but here's this:

This is from before Matt made any stance on the visual direction of the engine upgrade though.  I think I remember him saying something about a lot of people liking what the game used to look like so they were going to steer in that direction or something like that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LAPDAlonso said:

From september 2nd SPCT start working on bugs and after that is the open test.So is not that far probably from october(man october gonna be chaos)

Edited by TheMessiah

10 hours ago, Sayori said:

edit: 

and why don't you guys make your own stream instead rather than promoting and relying on others? Same applies for discord.

For example CCP have own twitch channel where they do streams rather than picking the "top" streamer and being unfair towards the rest. That's how it's done. Professionalism.

This is being moved to little orbit's official twitch channel and will not be done on mine.

https://twitch.tv/littleorbit

• Like 2