MrM0dZ

Questions about Brand and IP

Well since Matt announced the brand being sold to this company named "Unit Game" that seems 2 months old, the community is kinda confused and we have a lot of questions.

Can we get some clear details on these at least?

1- What is "Unit Game" exatcly, and what are their plans for APB Mobile? 

2- Matt said Unit Game is a HK company that "develops games with strong IP", can we get examples of those games?

3- With the brand being sold, what happens with characters and the plot of San Paro itself? Does LO still have rights to use it in APB Reloaded changing/expanding the plot?

From the recent annoucements, like the razer phone cases and mass wave of bans before the migration seems like some serious decisions are being made without the community even having time to react.

First of all read the forum post but yeah. I can see why Unit Game wants to make a mobile "APB". Mobile games are big like super big in China. They seem to see the concept of APB as a good mobile game that will earn a lot of micro transactions probably. I mean i think its all good since we don't really gonna have to do much with the mobile version and LO got some more cash to spend on developing the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gateron said:

First of all read the forum post but yeah. I can see why Unit Game wants to make a mobile "APB". Mobile games are big like super big in China. They seem to see the concept of APB as a good mobile game that will earn a lot of micro transactions probably. I mean i think its all good since we don't really gonna have to do much with the mobile version and LO got some more cash to spend on developing the game.

first of all, read op's questions.

he's asking for clarification. this unit game company has no search results on Google. they also don't describe what sort of mobile game it'll be.

they also want clarification on the IP stuff cause a majority of us aren't lawyers and have no experience in what exactly happened in this transaction still. but I doubt LO would gimp themselves that hard if any.

• Like 1

Just imagine Girl's Frontline with an APB coat of paint and some over the top microtransactions that fill every mobile game.

It'll be a lovely way to tarnish APB.

6 hours ago, MrM0dZ said:

Well since Matt announced the brand being sold to this company named "Unit Game" that seems 2 months old, the community is kinda confused and we have a lot of questions.

Can we get some clear details on these at least?

2- Matt said Unit Game is a HK company that "develops games with strong IP", can we get examples of those games?

3- With the brand being sold, what happens with characters and the plot of San Paro itself? Does LO still have rights to use it in APB Reloaded changing/expanding the plot?

From the recent annoucements, like the razer phone cases and mass wave of bans before the migration seems like some serious decisions are being made without the community even having time to react.

LO have sold asset rights to Unit Game so they can change what they want with the development for the mobile version how ever LO still retains the overall rights to APB Reloaded itself, So it's more of branching out allowing other publishers ie Unit Game to be able to make a game that's on a different platform.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/30/2019 at 3:26 AM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Just imagine Girl's Frontline with an APB coat of paint and some over the top microtransactions that fill every mobile game.

It'll be a lovely way to tarnish APB.

lmao i can't image that shit happening, Girls frontline is pretty good btw

4 minutes ago, MrM0dZ said:

lmao i can't image that shit happening, Girls frontline is pretty good btw

The art/characters sure. The actual gameplay? Laughable.

Hi there,

On 8/29/2019 at 5:32 PM, MrM0dZ said:

Unit Game are a well funded startup in Hong Kong led by a long time fan of APB. I believe the company was created just to pursue this new opportunity for them.

This wasn't actually a quote from me - just the press release. Unit Game added the description of their company at the bottom, so I can't speak to that line or examples.

I recognize this is one of the more oddball parts of the deal. It was critical to me that Little Orbit be able to deliver on what we promised and that the players not have to go through another change in management. So we negotiated to keep control and continue developing APB Reloaded. We have all rights to expand the plot, characters, locations, etc, and everything we do is considered "canon".

Some of the ramp up in updates are being driven by preparation for the Engine Upgrade. August was very busy, and September/October are going to be worse, so I decided to host a stream on the Little Orbit Twitch channel to answer questions from the community on September 8th at 10AM PST.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, MattScott said:

August was very busy, and September/October are going to be worse, so I decided to host a stream on the Little Orbit Twitch channel to answer questions from the community on September 8th at 10AM PST.

about that stream...

I guess it's going to be like the first Q&A where you have most questions prepared beforehand... will you also answer questions from the stream chat after you've gone through your list?

or is anything going to be different about this Q&A compared to the last one?

I'm really looking forward to this Q&A, hoping that we'll get even more 'transparency' 1.0

On 9/1/2019 at 3:26 PM, MattScott said:

Some of the ramp up in updates are being driven by preparation for the Engine Upgrade. August was very busy, and September/October are going to be worse, so I decided to host a stream on the Little Orbit Twitch channel to answer questions from the community on September 8th at 10AM PST.

Thanks,
Matt

Thanks for the reply! Im looking forward to see the stream to get more details on the situation

On 9/1/2019 at 9:26 PM, MattScott said:

wait, Kemp is still gonna be there, right? he is like one of the most experienced and dedicated players/streamers and i personally would appreciate it if there were someone to represent the entire player base so it wouldn't be just you answering the good questions.

29 minutes ago, PoshDoll said:

wait, Kemp is still gonna be there, right? he is like one of the most experienced and dedicated players/streamers and i personally would appreciate it if there were someone to represent the entire player base so it wouldn't be just you answering the good questions.

Umm... You know LO picks the questions anyways, right?

7 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Umm... You know LO picks the questions anyways, right?

shhh dont ruin their belief that public interviews arent scripted at all

34 minutes ago, Alani said:

shhh dont ruin their belief that public interviews arent scripted at all

bUT iTs A sTreAm iT hAs To bE orGaNic