Lixil

Razer Customs & APB Reloaded phone cases

Yikes, imagine having an APB skin on your phone case. 

1 hour ago, Nanometic said:

Why are people shitting on this for no reason lmao. This is a good thing, LO branching out and doing something like this with razer could be beneficial for the future.

Agreed. This community can never be satisfied. That's why I can't wait for the influx of new players. 

Waay too expensive. The only design I see myself rocking is the basic APB with the cars one. Dont want any kind of chars on my cover. Also, no Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 case.

As the posted above said, Im very happy LO is trying to spread the word about the game we love. Why the hell would anyone have negative views about it? Even if it was a trash overpriced product, LO is trying which matters they care. Its not like they are delaying the engine upgrade to do these cases...

Edited by killerskull
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TR3NT said:

Cool but wished they had more phone options even tho they still probably wouldn't carry my phone. 

send them an email and ask if they can do your phone.

1 hour ago, killerskull said:

Waay too expensive. The only design I see myself rocking is the basic APB with the cars one. Dont want any kind of chars on my cover. Also, no Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 case.

some other hard cases in stores are roughly about the same price from what i looked at lately.

p.s. im finally getting a phone hooked up

Edited by Fortune Runner

it's just merch guys. chill out.

but real talk, how much of a cut are you guys getting? you reaching deep into my pockets at that price tag.

i kind of want one but i also kind of don't want to broadcast to every single person who sees my phone that im an easy con mark

3 hours ago, Lixil said:

Hello everyone,

It’s official—Razer Customs, the latest project with our friends at Razer is live!

APB Reloaded was selected as one of only a few launch titles, so we chose some of the coolest character concepts and made Enforcer and Criminal themed cases.

This is just an initial set. We are hoping to support player-made art and more phone models in the future.

OXVjNH4.png

Pick out a custom, high-quality phone case, and make it truly your own by adding your gamertag. Get inspired and start designing here: http://rzr.to/customs

Thanks,
Lixil

Wow, alright Little Orbit, you are using Nitro Booster 3 on your movements? Looks like exactly this and honestly i can't be more happy than that.

I will definetely going to buy one of those cool cases, also good work behind the scenes, i hope more will come.

Player-made arts on phone cases? Dang! I can't imagen how wonderful this would be.

You guys.. really making some progress, definetely, but i wish to have more news and a final true release date for the beta of the new engine upgrade 3.5, with all fixes included and all the stuff.

I am very patient, not asking about something in specific, just suggestions and wanted to let you know that i will be always with you.

This is absolutely a lovely idea and a great move in the right direction, especially your plan to involve the community at some point in this project, given how many creative people APB has. However, just as a remark, based on the personal business experience, the price range for something like this should be $10 - $25 at most, depending on the case quality and durability. Anyway, the community should appreciate this.

Edited by Bambola

Unfortunately the pricing isn't in anyone but Razers control since even the much simpler Overwatch cases are the same price.

Really wish the designs were't so blegh.

Im gonna be honest. For someone who needs a new smartphone case anyway since time spares nothing.... This is actually hotdarn AWESOME.

Love it!

this is an early april fools joke right...?

right??????

1 hour ago, Solamente said:

i kind of want one but i also kind of don't want to broadcast to every single person who sees my phone that im an easy con mark

Literally no one sees the back of anyones phones. Its almost useless to get a case with anything on the back. Unless youre trying really hard to show off the back so you put your phone upside down on the table while you eat at a restaurant or something.

22 minutes ago, killerskull said:

Literally no one sees the back of anyones phones. Its almost useless to get a case with anything on the back. Unless youre trying really hard to show off the back so you put your phone upside down on the table while you eat at a restaurant or something.

what?

i see the back of people’s phones all the time and people see the back of mine too (i get lots of insults about my shit phone case), maybe you act like gollum and his precious ring with your phone but most people don't

Edited by Solamente
typo

DOES IT BREAK EASILY JUST LIKE THE GAME? Sorry had to make the joke

So people pay a thousand bucks for an iPhoneX without blinking but react to the price of 40 bucks for a case 🤔

Edited by SilverCrow

22 minutes ago, SilverCrow said:

So people pay a thousand bucks for an iPhoneX without blinking but react to the price of 40 bucks for a case

There's basically nobody that purchases their phones upfront/outright, 99.99% of people are taking the lease contracts that every phone provider offers. They do this because they see "Only $60 a month for 12 months!" or whatever and think it's an awesome deal where they get their phone for basically nothing.

To which anyone with a functioning brain cell in their head simply runs the math and realizes you're paying significantly more over the total lease contract than the original price was. Then on top of that, you don't actually own the phone once the lease is up, they'll make you an offer to either continue paying monthly (at an increased price as well), or pay a lump sum of $200-$300 to then finally own the phone. Bearing in mind, that you've already paid more than the original purchase price by this point in the first place.

So yes, people will balk at that price point on these cases. Also there's simply the fact that you can get significantly higher quality cases for less, elsewhere.

APB community: Hurry up with the engine upgrade we were promised back in 2014.

APB (in 2019):

We made Riot.

We made a phone case.

😐

4 hours ago, SilverCrow said:

So people pay a thousand bucks for an iPhoneX without blinking but react to the price of 40 bucks for a case 🤔

Just the materials of iPhone alone cost about 450$ roughly. RRP is about 1000$, so...profit margin is 122%. But this is not pure profit, subtract labour cost, taxes, transport and the margin becomes "reasonable".

Those cases cost like 2$ to produce(including labour), Razer sells them for 40$. 1900% margin. 

Edited by Sayori

It's a start (apb merch) but doubt they have anything for my acient phone,

Painted 3d models of "apb legendaries" would be sweet though (3d model of volcano is all i got so far)

Pictures/prices of the "Tough cases" on the iphone XS Max (prices are in USD) (all of these are $49.99)

?imw=699&imh=1024&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

Singles linked in spoiler

Edited by Zolerox
Added something not useless to the post

7 hours ago, Hexerin said:

There's basically nobody that purchases their phones upfront/outright, 99.99% of people are taking the lease contracts that every phone provider offers. They do this because they see "Only $60 a month for 12 months!" or whatever and think it's an awesome deal where they get their phone for basically nothing.

To which anyone with a functioning brain cell in their head simply runs the math and realizes you're paying significantly more over the total lease contract than the original price was. Then on top of that, you don't actually own the phone once the lease is up, they'll make you an offer to either continue paying monthly (at an increased price as well), or pay a lump sum of $200-$300 to then finally own the phone. Bearing in mind, that you've already paid more than the original purchase price by this point in the first place.

So yes, people will balk at that price point on these cases. Also there's simply the fact that you can get significantly higher quality cases for less, elsewhere.

3 hours ago, Sayori said:

Just the materials of iPhone alone cost about 450$ roughly. RRP is about 1000$, so...profit margin is 122%. But this is not pure profit, subtract labour cost, taxes, transport and the margin becomes "reasonable".

Those cases cost like 2$ to produce(including labour), Razer sells them for 40$. 1900% margin. 

Stop making sense you guys. I'm trying to be funny here 😅

Congrats to LO for this looks nice.Too bad i have more than 10 years old nokia and is not worthy..

Edited by TheMessiah

Oof no s9+ and my otterbox has saved my phone from destruction more times than I can count. 

apb pulling moves.... sadly i only buy hard cases so when there are double layer cases available.. i'll snag some :')