KoiPanda

Worth coming back yet

Was back when LO took over and stopped after a month... Is it worth coming back or are things still the same?

other than a few minor changes nothing, I advise you to wait until E.U is released.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pedroxin said:

other than a few minor changes nothing, I advise you to wait until E.U is released.

well, since LO took over there have been quite some changes... sure, no real gamechanger, but I wouldn't call it minor.

• trading system
  • yukon fix
  • HVR nerf
  • some more underpowered guns buffed
  • finished the RIOT mode RP has left over (I enjoyed it for a few days, but it's nothing APB can have as a main gamemode)
  • showstopper legendary + regular version
  • new glory legendary
  • a nice set of new decals
  • tons of guns permanently available for JT's
  • a few new weapon skins
  • nice price reductions on armas overall (even though it could be cheaper.. maybe if the game ever grows bigger...)
  • better customer support (not as useless as the old RP one, but with higher wait times)
  • got rid of the falsebanning trash anticheat called fairfight - replaced.
  • rebalanced some deployables slightly - could use more work though.

I've probably missed something... but these are (mostly) some positive changes. these didn't bring me back into the game (although I played for a few days to test RIOT).

my main problem with APB is there's nothing for me to do / unlock / grind that's worth it, and what's left of this community is mostly tryharding and / or cheesing with easy "tactics" like detonator, percs, radar tower and all that running with objective bullshoot and I can't be bothered to deal with that shit anymore - because almost everyone is trying to show off they're the best and trying to rub it into everyones face... there's no "chill" gameplay anymore - it's all about the meta and trying to be competetive AF.

I will be coming back to APB when the engine update hits (since it'll bring new contacts with some content), but I doubt it can hold me for long if nothing major happens about all the things mentioned above - mainly getting rid of explosive radius car mod (to nerf detonator) and changing the way percs and spotter works... there's still just too much ways of gameplay that are just straight up bullshoot.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Snubnose said:

HVR nerf

I keep seeing people mention that the HVR has recieved a nerf, yet checking the data it still deals 850 damage up to 90m and is thus unchanged.

https://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_SniperRifle_HVR762

Maybe someday it'll get nerfed, but that day has not come and there's no signs that it ever will.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hexerin said:

I keep seeing people mention that the HVR has recieved a nerf, yet checking the data it still deals 850 damage up to 90m and is thus unchanged.

Maybe someday it'll get nerfed, but that day has not come and there's no signs that it ever will.

but you can't say that taking away like 500 of it's damage when not fully accurate was not a nerf... it's not as forgiving in close quarters anymore... no more jumping around or quick crouching and shooting... you actually have to wait to get to 100% accuracy to do the full damage.

although I would've preferred a damage nerf to like 750 more...

18 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Let's see how you feel after you 3 shot a Kev 3 user from 60m and don't get a kill. 

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Let's see how you feel after you 3 shot a Kev 3 user from 60m and don't get a kill. 

Considering that's literally the entire point of Kevlar, I'd feel just fine. That player is giving up all mobility (the strongest stat in this game, bar none) for that extra durability (and in Kevlar's current state, that extra durability is almost non-existent against most weapons).

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Considering that's literally the entire point of Kevlar, I'd feel just fine. That player is giving up all mobility (the strongest stat in this game, bar none) for that extra durability (and in Kevlar's current state, that extra durability is almost non-existent against most weapons).

What's the point of the HVR when on the one hand you only know how much damage you are dealing per shot in some situations. Other times you just have to guess. 

I don't think HVR should be viable in cqc, but to say the HVR shouldn't be able to 3 shot a kev3 user at range, seems a bit much. 

Still wish they'd have done a damage ramp up similar to the DMR, but I suppose that milk was spilled too long ago to care. 

Edited by CookiePuss

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

The same happen with the hvr ,the player is giving up mobility(he could use scout) for that 850 shot

Dont return rn the games is like a nfas fest

There is a trade system now and you can get some permanent weapons from the joker store, other than that..game is basically still the same

wait another 2-3 months

As I've told my IRL friends, don't come back just yet.

Things have changed, yes, and a lot for the better, but there's still an annoying amount of tryhard players using basic meta setups such as ntec/fbw, ntec/.45, nfas/rfp, obeya/fbw, obeya/.45, etc (you all probably know the annoying meta combos), all combined with yolos or percs to spam once they've dealt a dumb amount of damage in half a second. Even if they make this game easier to play in terms of progressing, the base gameplay is still unbalanced as hell, and that has honestly been the main issue with APB since the beginning. Once balance has actually taken place, then it will be worthwhile coming back.

And there's a lot that still needs to be done so, if you do want to come back soon, come back after U.E. 3.5.

1 hour ago, Eisena said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4926672

damn bro. that was actually what i was expecting.

low population in Jericho right now, would probably wait for engine upgrade

I like many of the others, just advise you to wait. 

On 8/28/2019 at 9:39 PM, Pedroxin said:

where have i heard this before

That depends on what you mean by "things".

if you don't have ANYTHING to play, then try APB, otherwise I would play another game