supermariobrothe

Always run (your pinky finger will thank you)

Something i thought id share with the community, If your pinky finger starts to hurt from holding down that shift button all day, making it painful to play after a while, or you just wish the game had a sprint toggle in general, heres a thing you can do:

Go to APB Reloaded\APBGame\Config and open DefaultInput.ini

The very first binding in there +Bindings=(Name="Sprint",Command="InputSprinting | OnRelease InputStopSprinting")

Change InputSprinting to something else, i changed mine to InputToggleDuck (crouching) and InputStopSprinting changed to InputSprinting

result is +Bindings=(Name="Sprint",Command="InputToggleDuck | OnRelease InputSprinting")

took a few hours to get used to but it feels so liberating to run around effortlessly now

You could also just reverse it so that holding shift would make you walk instead of sprint, or as i realize it now while writing this, changed them both to InputSprinting, that way you wouldnt have to get used to shift doing something else.

Edit:

just realized doing anything otehr than a crouch for shift will prevent you from sprinting out of a crouch so just stick with the very first option +Bindings=(Name="Sprint",Command="InputToggleDuck | OnRelease InputSprinting") and ignore the stuff i crossed out.

So yeah, thats all.

Edited by supermariobrothe
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

inb4 "that's cheating" droolers

• Like 1

oh crap i just remembered why i made it crouch, because doing anything other than crouch for shift will prevent you from sprinting out of a crouch so just stick with the very first option +Bindings=(Name="Sprint",Command="InputToggleDuck | OnRelease InputSprinting") and ignore the rest, shift will toggle crouching and let you sprint out of crouch.

8 minutes ago, ZoriaDunne said:

"When you make a post about editing game files, but it's illegal."

actually this change is legal, its in the same files that you modify your normal graphics/keybind settings

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Noob_Guardian said:

actually this change is legal, its in the same files that you modify your normal graphics/keybind settings

Oh 😄

1 minute ago, ZoriaDunne said:

Oh 😄

it was also mentioned it was legal some time ago by LO, and G1 long before that.

A lot of people have been using this for years, myself included. The reminder is appreciated though. It's a nice QoL change with very few downsides.

This is really old info, a lot of players use this and this should be made an official feature in the in-game settings of the game, along with hold crouch. Having to hold down shift in a game where sprinting is absolutely mandatory and there is no stamina is pretty dumb.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Flaws said:

This is really old info, a lot of players use this and this should be made an official feature in the in-game settings of the game, along with hold crouch. Having to hold down shift in a game where sprinting is absolutely mandatory and there is no stamina is pretty dumb.

Don't understand why there are 2 dislikes on this post.  Flaws is only stating that a toggle run function should be in the in-game settings.  This is in line with the OPs thoughts / post.

The OPs info is old, but as there are always new players joining the community, old info is new info to them.  I came back to apb:r after 6 years and have forgotten lots of the old info (I'm old and forgetful like that), so when I see stuff like this, I find it helpful.

10 minutes ago, LewdLemming said:

Don't understand why there are 2 dislikes on this post.  Flaws is only stating that a toggle run function should be in the in-game settings.  This is in line with the OPs thoughts / post.

Because there are multiple people on APB who see literally anything from me on the forums and proceed to downvote it no matter what the content of the comment is.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Flaws said:

Because there are multiple people on APB who see literally anything from me on the forums and proceed to downvote it no matter what the content of the comment is.

Ahhh. Well, I guess that explains the down-voting.  Sorry to hear that.

This should have been as an option in-game but for now this works and i'm happy ! 

I think you need to be on the computer less and exercise more if your pinky finger is hurting after holding the shift button.

On 8/29/2019 at 6:32 AM, supermariobrothe said:

Something i thought id share with the community, If your pinky finger starts to hurt from holding down that shift button all day, making it painful to play after a while, or you just wish the game had a sprint toggle in general, heres a thing you can do:

Go to APB Reloaded\APBGame\Config and open DefaultInput.ini

The very first binding in there +Bindings=(Name="Sprint",Command="InputSprinting | OnRelease InputStopSprinting")

Change InputSprinting to something else, i changed mine to InputToggleDuck (crouching) and InputStopSprinting changed to InputSprinting

result is +Bindings=(Name="Sprint",Command="InputToggleDuck | OnRelease InputSprinting")

took a few hours to get used to but it feels so liberating to run around effortlessly now

You could also just reverse it so that holding shift would make you walk instead of sprint, or as i realize it now while writing this, changed them both to InputSprinting, that way you wouldnt have to get used to shift doing something else.

Edit:

just realized doing anything otehr than a crouch for shift will prevent you from sprinting out of a crouch so just stick with the very first option +Bindings=(Name="Sprint",Command="InputToggleDuck | OnRelease InputSprinting") and ignore the stuff i crossed out.

So yeah, thats all.

what  ?  🙄 

• Like 1

On 8/29/2019 at 3:18 AM, IdontKnowWhyImBanned said:

Learn to play.

I played apb for years and my pinkie never hurt. 

I think you need to lift.

well good for you, i play since 2011

3 hours ago, damn2112 said:

I think you need to be on the computer less and exercise more if your pinky finger is hurting after holding the shift button.

said the guy siting on a computer, what kind of pinky finger exersize do you recommend?

i just pres shift too hard because it's  worn out from having to hold it down to sprint all the time, it stops registering the key press and keeps breaking my sprint so i have to press down on it as hard as i can,

3 hours ago, olo said:

what  ?  🙄 

its a config twaek that lets you always sprint without having to hold down shift.

1 hour ago, supermariobrothe said:

its a config twaek that lets you always sprint without having to hold down shift.

you have no rights to interfere with game files

9 minutes ago, olo said:

you have no rights to interfere with game files

it’s the same file that is “interfered with” when you change ingame bindings via the options menu

My pinkie has become institutionalized. I couldn't get used to not using sprint key anymore. It's like the neurons in the brain start misfiring when I try not to use it 😄

I'm kind of grateful that all these games have been using hold to sprint on shift. Over the years it has made my pinky really quite strong, far stronger than the average person. Actually makes my pinky more useful that tertiary balancing whatever I am holding.

• Like 1

I never had a issue with the shift to sprint since alot of games use it for that key... As well my console player hands can adapt to far worse controls just fine on PC.

I'm also one of those who never had an issue to hold shift most of the time in games which require it, but I guess a lot of people would appreciate to have an official in-game setting to toggle run/sprint mode. Especially those who use their pinky for nose picking in between or during matches.