MattScott

APB Brand and IP expanding in Asia

4 hours ago, iDisney said:

This is my first thought after reading the news. However, this may also be in the favor APB:Reloaded. Little Orbit does see a future in APB:Reloaded, otherwise they would've given up on it and sold APB:Reloaded as well. This money could give Little Orbit just enough to accomplish their ambition and re-populate APB:Reloaded.

Thanks for caring about the game and the community, Little Orbit. And no, I am not sarcastic. 

Maybe Unit Game wasn't interested in buying that deadweight? If their plan is to create a game on the booming asian mobile market then the assets were the only things that are of value.

Why spend money on something like APB: Reloaded...

1 hour ago, BrandonBranderson said:

They're not calling it APB 2 officially, it's just Matt's unofficial internal name for the 4.0 rebuild since it's probably easier to say APB2 than APB Reloaded Unreal Engine 4 Rebuild.  It'll still be under the Reloaded name.  Unit Game also has no control over APB: Reloaded at all.  Only future titles with the APB name.  That was made pretty clear in the first post.

But will it? Because he said it was to much for them and that they couldn't tackle the massive technical hurdle hence all the people asking for clarification...

2 hours ago, TheJellyGoo said:

But will it? Because he said it was to much for them and that they couldn't tackle the massive technical hurdle hence all the people asking for clarification...

Not saying whether the unreal 4 update will happen or not, just that it would be under the Reloaded name if it does happen.  I'd love some clarification from Matt too if the UE4 version is still going to be worked on, and if some of this new money is going towards their Australian team or if they're just shelving it.

On 8/27/2019 at 8:37 AM, iRawwwN said:

The IP is the only thing about this game that is worth shit. What a poor decision to sell it to some Chinese company who will not have the same vision. I understand they won't have any say in APB: Reloaded, but the next versions of APB? You can't just keep updating APB: Reloaded and putting an 2.0/3.0 at the end of it. 

All the future APB titles will just be Chinese GTA clones. Good job Orbit, this is the worst decision you have made for the game thus far. I get that you are fiending for the cash after realising what this game entails but damn.

I'm really not interested in what happens next. 

22 hours ago, TheDogCatcher said:

This absolutely reeks of desperation, no self respecting developer would ever sell off their main IP if they weren't deeply in the brown stuff.

It's obvious by now that LO are struggling badly, once the money from this sell off runs out it'll be curtains for APB because they sure as hell aren't getting much revenue from the game with the current population which fell to a record low last month.

Having given up on this game years ago. Hearing of acquisition by LO gave me hope the brand and APB as a whole would potentially improve and thrive. An unfortunate turn of events for a game/brand I once loved. 

2 hours ago, gamergoggles said:

Having given up on this game years ago. Hearing of acquisition by LO gave me hope the brand and APB as a whole would potentially improve and thrive. An unfortunate turn of events for a game/brand I once loved. 

I was only riding this train due to the entire APB lore and IDEAS. Now that there is zero chance of a fully fleshed out APB 2.0 I'm actually upset. LO was looked at as the saviour of APB last year but they're just the same as old G1. I'm surprised they kept the game this long.

It's just saddening. Congratulations @MattScott. You've actually lost me now as a supporter of this game, and your company.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iRawwwN said:

I was only riding this train due to the entire APB lore and IDEAS. Now that there is zero chance of a fully fleshed out APB 2.0 I'm actually upset. LO was looked at as the saviour of APB last year but they're just the same as old G1. I'm surprised they kept the game this long.

It's just saddening. Congratulations @MattScott. You've actually lost me now as a supporter of this game, and your company.

To be honest I had quite a strong suspicion that APB would end up here when LO first took over.

I think their overall startegy was flawed and somewhat naive .

Edited by TheDogCatcher

10 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

They're not calling it APB 2 officially, it's just Matt's unofficial internal name for the 4.0 rebuild since it's probably easier to say APB2 than APB Reloaded Unreal Engine 4 Rebuild.  It'll still be under the Reloaded name.  Unit Game also has no control over APB: Reloaded at all.  Only future titles with the APB name.  That was made pretty clear in the first post.

I literally said this already. You could perhaps proofread a little before commenting. 

Unit still holds IP rights to APB reloaded this means that any future ventures are completely off the table for Little Orbit when it's regarding APB reloaded. I'm talking specifically of course about "APB2" which is the engine update to 4.0.

8 hours ago, TheDogCatcher said:

To be honest I had quite a strong suspicion that APB would end up here when LO first took over.

I think their overall startegy was flawed and somewhat naive .

You know its funny, I had this exact suspicion as I looked into LO during the acquisition. The portfolio they had before APB was not at the complexity of what APB was which gave me the feeling they were potentially over their heads taking this on, albeit still kept ever so slightly hopeful for the sake of the game. As time passed, blog posts gave the constant impression that they were overwhelmed but still attempting to tackle the game.

What I thought was passion and persistence to progress a game despite it's challenges, was actually just clouded with naiveness since day 1.

Edited by gamergoggles

On 8/29/2019 at 4:59 PM, iRawwwN said:

APB 2.0 is still likely a thing just rather than being renamed and relaunched it will just maintain the APB Reloaded name. They sold the IP rights so it just amounts to them being unable to spawns sequels or spinoffs directly off of APB. So APB:R is still alive you just won't find any spinoffs or sequels(officially). So them trying to keep the game alive and building upon it rather than shuttering lost your support...interesting.

15 hours ago, MICFILLER said:

APB 2.0 is still likely a thing just rather than being renamed and relaunched it will just maintain the APB Reloaded name. They sold the IP rights so it just amounts to them being unable to spawns sequels or spinoffs directly off of APB. So APB:R is still alive you just won't find any spinoffs or sequels(officially). So them trying to keep the game alive and building upon it rather than shuttering lost your support...interesting.

Ah yes, APB: Reloaded Reloaded 2.0. There's only so much they can do until that name is completely trashed. (if it's not reached that point already)

11 minutes ago, iRawwwN said:

APB: Reloaded Reloaded 2.0

apb: out of ammo

A post was made that contains answers to some of the concerns brought up in this thread and others.

~@mayii

19 hours ago, iRawwwN said:

APB: Reloaded Reloaded 2.0

APB: All Points Bulletin

APB: Reloaded

APB: Revolutions

On 9/1/2019 at 12:16 PM, Solamente said:

apb: out of ammo

APB: Out of Money ( SO we had to sell the ip and there will not be any future APB games, just what we have already )

Trying to "expand your brand", when your game can't even run properly. Then selling out/selling your brand away for some temporary cash. One bad decision after another.

Dumb, dumb, and dumber...

Why didn't you just sold the rights for "APB: Mobile" if Unit Games is only making a mobile version anyway? This way you lost the opportunity to rename the game back to "APB" which would've made much more sense.

Edited by PLAYLUXE

11 hours ago, PLAYLUXE said:

Why didn't you just sold the rights for "APB: Mobile" if Unit Games is only making a mobile version anyway? This way you lost the opportunity to rename the game back to "APB" which would've made much more sense.

They have the rights for APB Reloaded, which means they can also rename it (i think), they own All rights about this game.