MattScott

APB Brand and IP expanding in Asia

1 hour ago, CaptainSloth2Guns said:

All this sounds pretty unbelievable especially with a two month old company buying it. Sounds like a cash grab or bull shoot. I'd say a desperation move with riot falling on it's arse as I'm sure you had high hopes for it. 

It will be interesting to see what happens now with 3.5 and future updates, including communication. 

Nothing, APB is like an ancient curse, People like it somehow everytime a company touches it they run away.

Considering new PvP mode couldn't save the IP - how about PvE mode? I'd pay 19.95$ for horde / wave defense DLC (with bots in case of low player count).

3 minutes ago, Letter said:

Considering new PvP mode couldn't save the IP - how about PvE mode? I'd pay 19.95$ for horde / wave defense DLC (with bots in case of low player count).

they couldn't even manage to make a mode that only relied on players logging in and you want them to try their hand at adding a thousand other moving parts?

7 hours ago, Kayleigh Stanway said:

DOES THIS MEAN THERE WILL BE UPDATES FOR FALLEN EARTH? WERE DYING OVER HERE.

1. fallen earth is trash

2. this is apb reloaded related. 

• Like 1

So... Unreal Engine 4 upgrade is shelved. Also, APB franchise no longer has any hope for a future, and will die with this game. Chinese trash mobile games and PC knockoffs aren't APB, just saying.

How is this supposed to be good for us again?

I hope the data from accounts to save. And will not give more ban on the exchange etc As this time. The gift was very nice, and the consequences are not very.

Screw the brand, it has a bad reputation. This is good news all around. Hopefully LO can make it happen. 

I don't even... What?

4 hours ago, PTCNette said:

APB is like an ancient curse

Exactly.

Pretty smart move, if I'm being completely honest. It would not be difficult to make an "APB 2" under a different name with different characters and weapon names. There's no real story in APB:R. Just assets and back story. If they were to make APB2, you would want all new and updated assets anyway.

Not to mention all the game needs is a similar customization system, and you could effectively recreate your character from APB:R.

Some rich kid has bought APB IP as a personal toy thinking they can revive it. If this person has been playing APB for many years as the post says, its obviously some guy who has plenty of spare cash to throw around or some rich parents who have more money than sense and have just picked up the IP thinking they can do something with it. lol. They do know this collapsed a £100,000,000 company which qwas built from the ground up by a guy (Dave Jones) who made some of the biggest games in the entire world including GTA!?

lol, just do it! lol

APB is not a small project and G1 and LO prove that just because you have all the bits in place to play with, that you cant just mix them around and come up with something better. Remember 400 people over 7 years made APB. this is not for indies. Although well done to Matt and his people for offloading it and getting the money together to continue hosting the game as is right now. Will we ever see the engine upgrade in full swing or will the money be used as a recoup for the past investment from LO?

Another thing I would really like to know is, when APB IP was handed over to the Russian developers, what did they do with it once they shut down that part of their company? Someone has a copy of the IP in Russia; what are they doing with it right now?

Edited by Seedy

this is all cool and stuff, but how about an APB Reloaded server in HK or Mainland China?

giphy.gif

This is not going in a good direction ...

Edited by RCooper

2 hours ago, Seedy said:

Some rich kid has bought APB IP as a personal toy thinking they can revive it. If this person has been playing APB for many years as the post says, its obviously some guy who has plenty of spare cash to throw around or some rich parents who have more money than sense and have just picked up the IP thinking they can do something with it. lol. They do know this collapsed a £100,000,000 company which qwas built from the ground up by a guy (Dave Jones) who made some of the biggest games in the entire world including GTA!?

lol, just do it! lol

APB is not a small project and G1 and LO prove that just because you have all the bits in place to play with, that you cant just mix them around and come up with something better. Remember 400 people over 7 years made APB. this is not for indies. Although well done to Matt and his people for offloading it and getting the money together to continue hosting the game as is right now. Will we ever see the engine upgrade in full swing or will the money be used as a recoup for the past investment from LO?

Another thing I would really like to know is, when APB IP was handed over to the Russian developers, what did they do with it once they shut down that part of their company? Someone has a copy of the IP in Russia; what are they doing with it right now?

Russians weren't a devs. They were just hosting the standalone apb for russians with some additional configs agreed with G1. Russians weren't allowed to modify the game by themselves. They haven't shutdown any part of their company they just got rid from non profit game. And I think that's obvious that they are not allowed to do anything with apb after shut down.

do you own the rights to the brand  All Points Bulletin Little Orbit ? 

to whom do the rights belong APB (TV series) ? 

joke question

to whom do the rights belong White Pearl (APB) ? 

Edited by olo

Hace 20 horas, MattScott dijo:

Vendimos la marca APB y la IP a Unit Game, pero conservamos todos los derechos relacionados con APB Reloaded.

Matt what I do not understand is why you do not become a South American server, the Jericho server is at me at 215 ms as a pussycat and I do not want to talk about lag attacks at night, there are almost half of the Jericho server, I  I have a friend who went to live in Japan and is playing on Jericho server and the server is 120 ms, make South American server the lag is already intolerant and they have to translate the game into Spanish as it was before also the gameplay is  a disgust with this lag you have to lower the entire charger to kill one, for those who have 40 ms it is easy to kill from any distance, this gives you impotence

hmm oke, nothing changes only that unite games can bring out a new Apb reloaded reloaded. as long little orbit finally gets the game moving, everything is fine.

So... Deja vu.  The next step will be a budget cut for APB and then a full sale of APB.

// If this mobile APB be release, it will be terrible, and will further damage the reputation of this game.

Edited by Easych

Can't even find anything related to "Unit Game" no website, no games. Nothing.

• Like 2

https://www.hkcorporationsearch.com/companies/2844609/

Their CEO or whoever is listed as "An avid player and a long time player of APB Reloaded" is a total lie.

Either we are being lied to or there is something fishy going on  or this is an attempt by LO to cut further losses before dipping from this game :P.

Edited by cheater
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, cheater said:

Their CEO or whoever is listed as "An avid player and a long time player of APB Reloaded" is a total lie.

Either we are being lied to or there is something fishy going on  or this is an attempt by LO to cut further losses before dipping from this game :P.

1 hour ago, Easych said:

So... Deja vu.  The next step will be a budget cut for APB and then a full sale of APB.

// If this mobile APB be release, it will be terrible, and will further damage the reputation of this game.

Shit i would say its pretty obvious. Looks to me like LO is minimizing losses and getting the fuk out soon. As we still have no EU or release date for it. Riot failed miserably, player count still dipping below 1k.

But hey, prove me wrong pls. 

This game will never die lmao this is so funny

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cheater said:

Registered two months ago but according to Matt Scott they develop strong IPs markets from Taiwan to China however I didn't find the company registered in Taiwan. That's quite the progress in 2 months.

Notice the two statements, both about what CEOs say but they have different format,  one is missing the name of Unit Game CEO.

The CEO of Unit Game said, “....

Matthew Scott, CEO of Little Orbit, said ...

To me it looks like this company was registered for the sole purpose of acquiring APB. Not to go in conspiracy theories but it's just strange. Oh, and Hong Kong is tax haven.

Maybe @MattScott himself can shed a light on this.

• Like 2

Nice!

I hope the asian support can help me with my ticket which I requested 96 hours ago. 😉

Edited by Gentix