MattScott

APB Brand and IP expanding in Asia

4 hours ago, MattScott said:

..Interesting thing..

Alright, this is interesting and looking good (from your point of view), your words "this is all good news.", so i will trust in you Matt but we Need really to know much more about couple details.

I also have few questions to ask and then say the end of this comment with something other.

Questions for @MattScott

1. What is this APB2? You meant it as the version with the EU 4.0?

If yes, who is going to continue developing it? Because you said "The Australia team was struggling to get their head around the massive amounts of tech,", means that the Australia team is now focusing on the actual LIVE game and future updates with you guys?

If no, what this APB2 is meant as?

2. More details about that exact sentence "We are looking forward to developing a new experience for mobile and PC.”

What it means? Will UNIT GAME develop both mobile and PC versions of a new APB title?

3. Why did you sold the entire APB Brand to an unknown company created and started this year? (Because we can't literally find nothing about them, anywhere)

What's the trick, the deal, the magic behind/under this decision/move?

Thank you very much, i really hope for this move to be right and successful for APB and for you Little Orbit, but also for us as community.

I need to be honest, i am a bit skeptical and worried about it aswell as the servers merge thing but like i said above here, if everythign goes good, well, perfect, no problems at all, more advertising, more money, more gamers etc.

28 minutes ago, lTheDarkness said:

Questions for @MattScott

1. What is this APB2? You meant it as the version with the EU 4.0?

If yes, who is going to continue developing it? Because you said "The Australia team was struggling to get their head around the massive amounts of tech,", means that the Australia team is now focusing on the actual LIVE game and future updates with you guys?

If no, what this APB2 is meant as?

2. More details about that exact sentence "We are looking forward to developing a new experience for mobile and PC.”

What it means? Will UNIT GAME develop both mobile and PC versions of a new APB title?

👆

btw Hong Kong is like a war zone right now where eastern and western interests collides and situation probably will continue like that with years..so yea nice time and place to make business

p.s. I think is time for Q&A and im talkin about live with Kempington on friday or Matt Scott doing it solo on LO you tube chanel(better)or something like that.Too many things need more detail explanations:server merge,this thing with the brand,whats going on with 3.5 testing and more so pls..

Edited by TheMessiah

There's something strange about APB, I swear.

It's like this thing that just keeps going and going no matter what and no matter how few people play etc. Sold here, sold there, deal here, deal there....

Don't get me wrong though, I'm glad it does.

Edited by SilverCrow
  • Like 2

APB 2 is APB reloaded reloaded:wesmart:

Edited by I3ox
Thanks kev

30 minutes ago, SilverCrow said:

There's something strange about APB, I swear.

It's like this thing that just keeps going and going no matter what and no matter how few people play etc. Sold here, sold there, deal here, deal there....

Don't get me wrong though, I'm glad it does.

something as unique as APB with high potential to be a lot more than it is, but failed to thrive is probably easy to resell... everyone's like "I'm gonna do it! I'm gonna make this game great!", but it seems like everyone is equally blinded by the "potential" and "uniqueness" part that they miss the whole lot of bullshoot that's underneath the surface...

that's why it needs a whole new, modernised "APB 2" - built from ground up.

• Like 1

Amazing, love it! Something new and refreshing for APB!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Snubnose said:

something as unique as APB with high potential to be a lot more than it is, but failed to thrive is probably easy to resell... everyone's like "I'm gonna do it! I'm gonna make this game great!", but it seems like everyone is equally blinded by the "potential" and "uniqueness" part that they miss the whole lot of bullshoot that's underneath the surface...

that's why it needs a whole new, modernised "APB 2" - built from ground up.

I think you are absolutely right.

It's pretty easy to see the potential but a heck of a lot harder to take it to where it should be.

• Like 1

I have kinda mixed feeling about this especially the future of APB Reloaded. Like If you do decide to make a "New" APB  can you still make the game look and feel like a APB game but just with another name or will that wont even be possible? If so then that good so you aren't totally limiting yourself. but if not i think this might have been a bad move in the long run. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SilverCrow said:

I think you are absolutely right.

It's pretty easy to see the potential but a heck of a lot harder to take it to where it should be.

especially with the amount of hackers still in the game every day. Lol who would be stupid enough to buy it ?

alright apb mobile sounds really terrible, can we not do that?

The world's first and premier Action MMO Third Person Shooter game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, Seedy said:

especially with the amount of hackers still in the game every day.

Really not much different from most f2p games today.

2 hours ago, Mikarity said:

I'm pretty curious about his in game name tho 😛

He was the last Han player left.

It seems to me from third perspective that you feel this game is cursed and shouldn't be continued, but you got a chance to purchase it and basically you had an opportunity for someone to purchase it so you jumped on it to return the missing money you have lost from buying. Basically not lovely move but meh. That's seems to me like a good business move.

Hasn't there been something like 3-4 attempts at a mobile APB game? I mean if LO has all those assets laying around and never plan on using them, I suppose selling all that stuff off in bulk to another company with the rights to produce it all is a potential free cashout... right? Maybe?

Man I hope so. 😧

I'm sad that LO no longer has the rights to the Apb IP. That's all I have to say really, means no matter how much of a comeback Apb could possibly have (which is a stretch to think, I know) it means Apb can't really go anywhere now.

Edit I mean *as a brand. I don't expect the company I can't even find a website for to make anything more than a lackluster mobile game

Edited by Acornie
  • Like 1

Honestly don't know how to feel about this. On the plus side, it frees up LO to carry out more updates and content releases now that they aren't having to put any work into APB2. At the same time, the title being sold yet again does bring back some concerns for the game's future. Is APB too much of a financial burden for LO as it was for the original creators, Realtime Worlds? Just a lot of skepticism on where the game is headed.

So let's try to check all the points here:

>Brand sold to Chinese company that is 2 months old
>Mobile game lmao (APB Retribution 2)
>LO can't produce a sequel anymore since they sold the brand
>Probably just a millionarie dude brought the brand to do something i guess???
>We didn't get any relevant info about this "Unit Game"

So what about the plot and characters? Can LO change/use them as they please or are they owned by Unit Game now?

just don't forget it's a mobile game again lmao

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Doom32 said:

alright apb mobile sounds really terrible, can we not do that?

Your profile picture perfectly describes my reaction to this whole thread, thank you lmao.

But holy shit, spiderman leaves the MCU and now this? 😲

I am a bit curious about Unit Game, "developing a new experience for mobile and PC.” will they make a completely new PC game or like basically get the APB:R assets and add their own twist on it?

• Like 1

no offense, but when's the engine upgrade coming? Seriously.  All that other stuff, is not going to bring numbers up/players back.

53 minutes ago, LAPDAlonso said:

no offense, but when's the engine upgrade coming? Seriously.  All that other stuff, is not going to bring numbers up/players back.

Also i am interesting in some more details about that Shadow Engine.

All this sounds pretty unbelievable especially with a two month old company buying it. Sounds like a cash grab or bull shoot. I'd say a desperation move with riot falling on it's arse as I'm sure you had high hopes for it. 

It will be interesting to see what happens now with 3.5 and future updates, including communication.