Just now, ZoriaDunne said:

What is APB2?

APB2 is just a name for the rebuild in UE4, there is no game with that name

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ZoriaDunne said:

What is APB2?

its basically the apb ue 4.0 upgrade

• Like 1

i dont know if i should be nervous or excited...but holy crap LO i was not expecting this

It's all explained well.Still have some questions.So This Unit game will also develop content for PC and not only for mobile and if LO approve it-gonna get to PC?Another question:APB Reloaded name stays 4ever now?No APB Revolutions no nothing(i expect something like that after 4.0)and whats up with the upgrade to unreal 4.0 now when australian team is not working on it anymore?Its all over and APB Reloaded will never be updated to 4.0?

Edited by TheMessiah

what a strange situation

25 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

APB2 is just a name for the rebuild in UE4, there is no game with that name

Oh... For a moment I saw hope.

• Like 1

The IP is the only thing about this game that is worth shit. What a poor decision to sell it to some Chinese company who will not have the same vision. I understand they won't have any say in APB: Reloaded, but the next versions of APB? You can't just keep updating APB: Reloaded and putting an 2.0/3.0 at the end of it. 

All the future APB titles will just be Chinese GTA clones. Good job Orbit, this is the worst decision you have made for the game thus far. I get that you are fiending for the cash after realising what this game entails but damn.

I'm really not interested in what happens next. 

Edited by iRawwwN
  • Like 11

Unit Game is a Hong Kong based company that develop games with strong IP. The company starts its market from Taiwan to China, and later on expands its influence in some Asia Markets.

meanwhile in Hong Kong..

_107343587_mediaitem107342372.jpg637023513054621333w.jpg_1718483346.jpgHongKongprotestas-kbPI--620x349@abc.jpg_107326895_mediaitem107326894.jpg

dats some real apb sht if u think about it..

Edited by TheMessiah
  • Like 2

for anyone interested, here's some UI work posted a year ago for the APB mobile game (walk the line):

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/9YYOR

the third picture has a placeholder screenshot with the UI work for the mobile game ontop

TBH, I didn't have much hope for APB before this, and now it's even less...
APB:R may live a little longer and gets better support for a few more years thanks to the financial boost, but now I really doubt that something like a second APB game (no, mobile doesn't count) made from ground up will ever see the light of day... I really had some hope that the UE4 update turns into a bigger project and brings us a modernised "APB 2".

so what exactly does this mean for the UE4 update / APB 2?

• Like 1

Little Orbit seemed like the APB savior... but now we see the way things have turned out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nikitos5 said:

will you hire more developers now?

im a developaaar, hire me😅

"You have used all your action points!
You now have to wait for 1 hour to regen 1 action point!

orrrrrr..... you can buy this booster pack for $5,99- so you can continue playing without waiting!"

:^)

Im gonna pass on that if it ever releases in europe.

More importantly, still no release date for EU?

Edited by Fasalina
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Fasalina said:

still no release date for EU?

all engine upgrade rights have been sold to tencent

1 minute ago, Solamente said:

i'd be amazed if APB and its engine upgrade would be too difficult to manage for tencent

"the game that even tencent couldn't handle"

4 hours ago, MattScott said:

Funds for L.O. is nice, can mean a lot for APB:R if there is an investment in the game and bringing a large community.

But it's sad that it's not only the rights to mobile titles but the franchise as a whole (except APB:R)

I bet on your intuition, and I belive you did the right thing.

Q:

What expectations do you have from this move, or is it all about getting that money (which is perfectly ok)?

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor

4 hours ago, MattScott said:

The CEO of Unit Game said, “For years, I have been an avid player and fan inside the immersive world of APB. The gameplay, stories, and customization system still remains unique today. We are looking forward to developing a new experience for mobile and PC.”

I'm pretty curious about his in game name tho 😛

dont have to worry about chinese cheaters just yet its only a mobile game

So it is that old pretty bad mobile game of APB that was released long ago? lol

"APB Retribution"   

Nevermind it's not.

Edited by RandomCatface

1 hour ago, Snubnose said:

for anyone interested, here's some UI work posted a year ago for the APB mobile game (walk the line):

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/9YYOR

the third picture has a placeholder screenshot with the UI work for the mobile game ontop

Reading the "Mobile APB game" with Clenched teeth and even harder clenched buttcheeks. The cringe when thinking of APB on mobile platform is just too much. THEN I saw your link and looked at images exactly how I would have imagined it xD.

Hope it works LO, but I'm a little sceptical about this 'Mobile APB game'....

51 minutes ago, Solamente said:

If ANYTHING from APB goes to tencent then the final month of APB marches onwards.

NEVER get your business into tencent territory. Not allied nor hostile. Just evade it like the plague