Vehicle Handling Opinion  

75 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1 to 5, 1 being terrible and 5 being excellent, how would you rate vehicle handling?

• 1 - Terrible
    • 2 - Bad
    • 3 - Okay
    • 4 - Good
    • 5 - Excellent

As you would know if you've been with apb from the start, apb is quite an old game by today's standards. While one could argue that car balance is something that could use a looking into, how about the driving experience?

With that said, today's poll will specifically tackle vehicle handling and not vehicles as a whole/general topic. What is your opinion on vehicle handling.

The best way for LO to make changes that will be accepted is to voice our opinions in an easy analysable manner, so let's put our initial opinions out in the open for them

Edited by Weeb TheEpicGuyV2

Driving in apb feels like riding in a motorboat... theres a massive input delay. Its always been pretty bad but i dont play apb to drive around or race.

• Like 1

i like apb’s actual vehicle physics, aside from some notable exceptions (looking at you cisco) because the vehicles actually feel like they have weight and mass and an actual person steering them, as opposed to a game like gta 5 where cars zip around like remote controlled toys

but as mentioned above input lag is something that a lot of players both new and old mention - i personally don’t mind it, imo it’s a price i’m willing to pay to avoid vehicle desync, but i can understand why many hate the way it feels

• Like 4

If you are playing with under 30ms latency, the driving in this game is hands down the most satisfying shit out there...  Love the vehicle mass and physx ! 

• Like 1

oh you get used to the delayed responses to vehicle handling. but i'd be lying if the 4x4 isn't fun to drift in.

vehicle handling would be a 2. only a few cars are actually useful.

It's idiosyncratic and janky, but honestly, once your used to it, it's not really a notable positive or negative. It's just kinda there and you deal with it.

It's the kinda thing that if they tried to fix it, they'd be more likely to break it completely.

Even though I'm used to it, it's still horrible.  Vehicles aren't supposed to handle that way.

Driving is ok, main problem is that there's only like 2 worth using cars.

Basically every car in the game flips way, way too easily. Not to mention the weightless "dance" most cars do when landing after taking a ramp (which also usually results in flipping, for obvious reasons). Really my only complaints, overall the vehicle play in this game is sublime. Also, the recent suggestions by newer players that vehicles should be transitioned client-side would be terrible. Don't do this. The server-side nature of vehicles is what gives them their unique and incredibly satisfying feeling.

11 hours ago, ZoriaDunne said:

Driving is ok, main problem is that there's only like 2 worth using cars.

Vegas and Growl?

3 hours ago, xHenryman90x said:

Vegas and Growl?

I was thinking of Vegas and Pioneer.

I love the handling for certain cars in this game but I still only gave it a 3 because most don't feel right.  The ones I think feel 100% perfect for what they are is the Vegas 4x4, Dolton Fresno, Jericho, Mikro, Coywolf, and Varzuga Rally.  The problem with a lot of the other cars is either a lack of weight, or too much weight.  The Kolva for example, too much damn weight.  That's not how a dump truck operates even with a full load.  The Cisco on the opposite end of the spectrum is way too light to the point of it being a hockey puck to pretty much any other car.  The Vegas and Fresno feel perfect where they are in terms of weight, but the RWD Vegas needs its old suspension back so it's not dragging on the ground and sits slightly higher like it used to.  The Pioneer also needs its old suspension back too, and Kolvas should just be reverted to their old form entirely.  As they are right now the Kolva is almost impossible to flip with another car unless you jam a Mikro under it.  Back in the day a good Tbone from a T-25 would be enough to knock a Kolva over.  Something I think needs fixed is the inability to flip a Vaquero.  It's nearly impossible unless you just land flat on your roof, and it'll always right itself.  Driving the Ceresco doesn't feel weighty enough.

Taller vehicles like the Pioneer, Ceresco, and Kurai, should be more top heavy and roll easier, but when G1 did their driving physics rework, it seems like they just broke suspension on a couple of vehicles and moved the center of gravity down on all of them.

Actually... I just want the old driving physics back.  You could roll from too sharp of a turn more easily but it felt a lot more weighty and responsive. 

The Moirai should be reverted to its old form from back when it was AWD.  Making it RWD neutered the reverse gear because they didn't adjust the stats to compensate for the loss of two powered wheels.

It would also be nice if we were given a way to flip cars back onto their wheels without using another car, like being able to rock it a little bit with the movement keys after a short delay, or if we were given very slight air control for the tilt and roll of the car.

Edited by BrandonBranderson