MattScott

Recent ban wave and approved launchers

Just now, Darkzero3802 said:

So basically allowing the launcher and now the subsequent ban waves due to all the launcher confusion (abuse) isnt a mess? Ok sure.

The problem had nothing to do with the advanced launcher. That's why we are still allowed to use it.

Do you even know anything about the program that led to these bans and what it allowed the players using it to do?  

52 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

So? If this was any other game youd only have 1 choice, take it or leave it.

those games you mention do not have a fossil engine that us horribly spaghetti all over it.

38 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

And look at the mess that was brought on by that 

and what mess would that be?

I was not able to make FPS stable using the temporarily valid  launcher (AMD Phenom II X6 Black Edition 1090T, 3200 MHz, GeForce GTX 660, Win 10 x64)

But I use some tweaks from forbidden launcher: 4e6d392ed747450e870ebb7854298ba0.png

And I was not warned, didn't get week ban. But any way I have to figure out how far I have moved from the valid tweaks.

Does this mean that the EAC considered thay my changes is insignificant?  Or reason is something else? It seems that shaders was not replaced and game was not (massively) hacked. Can I get an official answer from the developer? I wouldn't like to receive a concise answer "no, just do not use the forbidden launcher". The current situation with an outdated game engine requires a versatile contemplation.

Thank you 

Looks like that "optimiation" checkbox doesn’t affects anything or affects slightly. I don't know if it affects the camera shake checkbox. 

Tweaks "run without holding shift" and "crounch on hold" - just must have everyone, must allowed by official game without any launchers.

"3D scenes" substantially slows down start of client. I'd really like to draw the attention of developers to this. When you don't need a scene with the character creation - you can significantly save time on client start. Why waste the time of your dear users? I am almost sure that this option is in development.

16 minutes ago, Icemoon said:

When you don't need a scene with the character creation - you can significantly save time on client start. Why waste the time of your dear users? I am almost sure that this option is in development.

I guess you didn't see the latest Q&A on LO's official twitch channel. Matt confirmed that the old apb login is coming back to save time within the engine upgrade.

Edited by Spy

7 minutes ago, Spy said:

on LO's official twitch channel

and if some one don't have twitch? 😞

11 minutes ago, Icemoon said:

it was a pinned topic.....

Edited by Fortune Runner

3 hours ago, Icemoon said:

I was not able to make FPS stable using the temporarily valid  launcher (AMD Phenom II X6 Black Edition 1090T, 3200 MHz, GeForce GTX 660, Win 10 x64)

But I use some tweaks from forbidden launcher: 4e6d392ed747450e870ebb7854298ba0.png

And I was not warned, didn't get week ban. But any way I have to figure out how far I have moved from the valid tweaks.

Does this mean that the EAC considered thay my changes is insignificant?  Or reason is something else? It seems that shaders was not replaced and game was not (massively) hacked. Can I get an official answer from the developer? I wouldn't like to receive a concise answer "no, just do not use the forbidden launcher". The current situation with an outdated game engine requires a versatile contemplation.

Thank you 

Looks like that "optimiation" checkbox doesn’t affects anything or affects slightly. I don't know if it affects the camera shake checkbox. 

Tweaks "run without holding shift" and "crounch on hold" - just must have everyone, must allowed by official game without any launchers.

"3D scenes" substantially slows down start of client. I'd really like to draw the attention of developers to this. When you don't need a scene with the character creation - you can significantly save time on client start. Why waste the time of your dear users? I am almost sure that this option is in development.

You can manually add hold to crouch and auto Sprint if you want. 

And I know it's not what you want to hear, but I wouldn't touch that launcher. 

Also, what is camera shake?

10 hours ago, Icemoon said:

Rly.... You're playing that card now? Lol, ok...

15 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

with config edits? I don't know how to do. But it is easy way to click few checkboxes. Great way - include this options officialy in game client

"No muzzle flash" is bannable or not?

I want try that too, cuz it's give advantage.

1 hour ago, Cutey said:

"No muzzle flash" is bannable or not?

I want try that too, cuz it's give advantage.

yes, as of last info 

20 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

And I know it's not what you want to hear, but I wouldn't touch that launcher. 

Also, what is camera shake?

I know that your camera gets rocked all over when you are near an explosion and when bracing after a fall. That's the only instances I can think of.

By "camera" I mean the actual view - your crosshair doesn't move at all.

Edited by Nitronik

1 hour ago, Nitronik said:

I know that your camera gets rocked all over when you are near an explosion and when bracing after a fall. That's the only instances I can think of.

By "camera" I mean the actual view - your crosshair doesn't move at all.

Yeah I definitely wouldn't recommend using something like that then.

Sounds like the kinda thing you get banned for.

On 9/13/2019 at 1:03 AM, Synthetiic said:

Lets just hope the people who got banned because of that Launcher will get unbanned.

That was confirmed already