MattScott

Recent ban wave and approved launchers

In case there are still people on Citadel who haven't already learnt Russian, which would be odd by now, this is a custom configuration loader/launcher, and it provides a user with the following options:

Preloading custom configs

Muzzle flash removal

Enemy's blood removal

Car explosion blast removal 

Removal of the death animation/corpses

Colorful killfeed

RTW Vegas Sounds

Fog removal

Performance optimization

I guess everyone agrees some of these options should be a justified reason for a ban and people who got banned got caught only because they haven't manually edited the files but used the detectable software to automate the process. What immediately springs to mind and imposes as a question or better a concern is how many people are out there who will never be caught, given how the phenomenon of editing files is so widely spread and popular. Most people do not even hide it, even on their streams. Everyone has an excuse why they use this or that config or they have edited this or that file, it definitely got out of control.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

If someone wants to contact apb-r.ru and let them know to take down the link, they are usually very helpful. I just don't speak Russian.

Thanks,
Matt

Just use Google translate ie write what you wish to say from English to Russian copy n paste wait for a reply knowingly it would be in Russian then copy paste that from Russian to English and you'll have your answer 👍👍

1 hour ago, N3wMarty said:

I am so tired of always the same ongoing hypocritical excuse!
There exists videoclip at twitch.tv of a player who used your program - he was live banned yesterday because of your 'APB Manager' and after that he played with normal graphics and he had still always around 120-145 fps !

I am pretty sure that counts for guaranteed 90% of the people who are using external programs or manual config edits just to gain even more OP advantages  - their rig is already good but most want get to like a 'god mostkills alwayswinner player' wich is even more annoying as any real cheater nowadays! go to twitch.tv and you see every day 9 of 10 playing on such ultralow graphics configs - and every second streamer even with no muzzle flash (wich is not even part of the Advanced APB launcher and gives an absolutely advantage especially when you are using smgs!) - it's getting worse and it seems every day more people getting attracted by it - it's embarrassing! 

I really really hope you gotta be fast with that because their users - who know exactly about its advantages - are actually the main reason why players avoid the silver districts - no wonder they flee into bronze -  and all cry about the DTs in here - I can't read it anymore!
Thanks 

In the launcher there are only 2 controversial functions: disconnecting smoke and tracers from HE grenades. Other functions do not give you any advantage other than increasing FPS and reducing the number of lags. It’s not advisable to give players streams as an example, because if they can stream the game with good FPS, then their Komruuter are clearly better than the majority plague. Not once have people written to me who thanked me for being able to play at least somehow in the APB and that without this launcher they had 10-15 fps. So tell me what's wrong with turning off muzzle fire or blood from opponents what kind of advantage does it give you?

9 minutes ago, Deadliest said:

Russians hacked my account!

Has your account been stolen by the developers of this program?

so can we use RTW shaders or not? without all the fog removal stuff logically, just colorization? 

4 hours ago, N3wMarty said:

I am pretty sure that counts for guaranteed 90%

Do you judge everyone by one example? Wow.

There exists videoclip at twitch.tv of a player who used your program - he was live banned yesterday because of your 'APB Manager' and after that he played with normal graphics and he had still always around 120-145 fps !

I am pretty sure that counts for guaranteed 90% of the people who are using external programs or manual config edits just to gain even more OP advantages  - their rig is already good but most want get to like a 'god mostkills alwayswinner player' wich is even more annoying as any real cheater nowadays! go to twitch.tv and you see every day 9 of 10 playing on such ultralow graphics configs - and every second streamer even with no muzzle flash (wich is not even part of the Advanced APB launcher and gives an absolutely advantage especially when you are using smgs!) - it's getting worse and it seems every day more people getting attracted by it - it's embarrassing!

I really really hope you gotta be fast with that because their users - who know exactly about its advantages - are actually the main reason why players avoid the silver districts - no wonder they flee into bronze -  and all cry about the DTs in here - I can't read it anymore!
Thanks

Yeah because no muzzle flash makes your aim and makes your hand move coordination better all by a virtual file. Bro are you getting blinded by a muzzle that you miss. The only thing i see a silver whining about a veteran player that has a config so he doesn't get low fps lag spikes that is why they still use it even if they have a insane rig. 

no muzzle flash (wich is not even part of the Advanced APB launcher and gives an absolutely advantage especially when you are using smgs!)

I dont see what advantage no muzzle flash can give, other from higher fps.

9 hours ago, neophobia said:

unless it's for his config he must've gotten super lucky with the lows too during his bench - or it was way too short

He did change quite a few things to get that sort of frame rate and he along with me did the course that was used for bench marking by Little Orbit for a similar amount of time, wish I had the same files but sadly I do not 😞 

12 hours ago, Somepony said:

I dont see what advantage no muzzle flash can give, other from higher fps.

muzzle flash can partly obstruct vision and thus is part of balancing certain weapons

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

muzzle flash can partly obstruct vision and thus is part of balancing certain weapons 

Balance weapons muzzle flash? You are sick? This is an element of decoration. You are not in a tactical first-person shooter, when shooting at the weapon, the weapon is biased to the side and you do not even pay attention to it. I would say that everything on the contrary is that you don’t see the enemy’s outbreaks and it’s more difficult for you to determine where he is, as well as the tracer from the rocket. But muzzle flares greatly reduce FPS. This is the same as disabling dynamic shadows. In the shadows, you could determine where your opponent was giving you tactical advantage, but players on weak PCs cannot afford to play with such settings as a consequence, they do not have this advantage, for there is a lot of FPS and friezes during shooting. I noticed that the entire Euro community considers these modifications to be cheats on par with the aim and pixel triggers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A list of all the modifications that this launcher can make. I believe that there are only 2 controversial functions, but I’m sure that you will find a terrible advantage in replacing the sound of the car

-- Nude Mod --
Replaces female bra and panties models with empty ones. While this mod is installed, entering character or outfit editors and observing clother in auction will cause game crash.

-- Run without holding Shift --
Character always runs with max speed without holding Shift.

-- Disable camera shake --
Disables camera shaking when somethins explodes or character langing.

-- Crouch on hold --
Character crouching only when Ctrl is holded. Releasing buttion will make him get up.

-- Colorful traces from concussion grenades --
Concussion grenades left bright traces. Doesnt work with removed smoke.

-- Remove smoke from grenades --
Removes all smoke. Doesnt work with colorful traces.

-- Remove muzzle fire --
Removes muzzle fire.

-- Remove blood --
Removes blood splashes when hitting enemies.

-- Remove vehicle fire --
Removes fire when vehicle is on fire or explodes.

-- Remove death animation --
Enemy will instantly disappear when he dies.

-- Remove 3D scenes --
Removes all 3D scenes in main menu. With this mod you couldnt create new characters.

-- Yellow-pink kill log --
Replaces standard kill log colors. Yellow - teammates, pink - enemies.

-- RTW Vegas engine sounds --
Brings back old engine sounds of Vegas, Bishada from RTW.

-- Remove fog --
Removes fog on horizon.

-- Optimization --
Removes APB Catcher, Vivox and installs mouse acceleration fix.

3 minutes ago, Pinkl123 said:

[...]

I noticed that the entire Euro community considers these modifications to be cheats on par with the aim and pixel triggers.

[...]

That generalization and exaggeration won't help your argument. I won't even partake if you start with that nonsense...

He asked and I answered. It's undeniable that the muzzle flash is in your view hence obstructing certain parts of your vision.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

That generalization and exaggeration won't help your argument. I won't even partake if you start with that nonsense...

He asked and I answered. It's undeniable that the muzzle flash is in your view hence obstructing certain parts of your vision. 

Perhaps we have different concepts about the advantage in the game

I do agree that messing with game config should be against the rules, but you have to understand that players are using it only because of how badly the game currently runs. I would love to play the game on the highest graphics like i did years ago, but the thing is even on minimal graphic i keep getting stuttering all the time (especially in close gun fights). It's really frustrating to lose fights because of this problem, this is also the biggest reason why i don't really play this game anymore. I tried so many things that players suggested, some things did help a little, but there seems to be no fix to this. 

On 8/27/2019 at 11:26 AM, MattScott said:

Thanks,

Matt

Will you answer our questions? If we remove sports features from the launcher, will you allow players to use them?

22 minutes ago, Pinkl123 said:

Will you answer our questions? If we remove sports features from the launcher, will you allow players to use them?

i think he was pretty clear that only advanced launcher will be allowed

Some people still streaming with "no muzzle flash" and "no fog" shaders. They don't care.

9879_hackerman.gif

Edited by Cutey
  • Like 1

Just now, Cutey said:

Some plebs still streaming with "no muzzle flash" and "no fog" shaders. They don't care. 

9879_hackerman.gif

Barring launchers does not mean that these functions will stop working

mXsAKM9.jpg

As the one correctly told before, it gives you a visual advantage where you would see enemies popping up earlier in that area.
If somebody denies it then I'm asking myself if the one is blind or the eye-reflexes are maybe too slow.
Also I remember long time ago I read something in here where MattScott said already that removing muzzle flash is not okay - maybe somebody can find that again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 8/29/2019 at 1:00 PM, CookiePuss said:

9JHZdVQ.png

How the hell do you even manage to get such bad performance?

My vanilla game runs better than your config'd game...

i5 8400 @3.8GHz

GTX 1060 6G @1898MHz

16GB DDR4 @2933MHz

4 hours ago, Pinpuce said:

How the hell do you even manage to get such bad performance?

My vanilla game runs better than your config'd game...

i5 8400 @3.8GHz

GTX 1060 6G @1898MHz

16GB DDR4 @2933MHz

My only guess is it's my i74820k. I don't know anyone else that owns one, and it's the only unique thing about my build. Every other game runs as well as you'd expect, APB just goes "nah". 

yay to this step from LO. glad to see it.

@CookiePuss, have you tried https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/intelligent-standby-list-cleaner-v1000-released?

windows is horrible with hanging memory and it can cause all sorts of issues no matter how much memory you have. i use this app and it improves my overall gaming experience.

• Thanks 1

On 8/29/2019 at 1:14 PM, N3wMarty said:

Thanks

sounds like you have a personal bias against configs and are just spouting bull shit to prove a point. I've literally never heard of anyone not joining silver districts because of configs like what? dumbest shit I've ever read.

Yeah I can sometimes get the same fps without a config as i would with one (apb's performance seems to be random day by day at this point, some days ill have 120fps in asy full district, other days 70-80...), but without a config my game is going to freeze every 5-10 seconds because these ape developers keep adding junk code to the game 

with a config my game freezes once every 20-30 minutes, if that.

Edited by gasolina