MattScott

Recent ban wave and approved launchers

I know this is probably a bit off topic but since I haven't seen anything about possibly adding a setting to change the resolution of the game without changing it? I don't know if this is the right name for it but it's like "quality resolution" or something?

I heard about this and I was certain that something more than just the usual file editing was being done with this launcher. Thanks for clearing things up.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, neophobia said:

you do have a way better cpu

yea I know by @KyoukiDotExe has a i7 2600k @5GHz and gets much better fps than me, if I had the benchmarks he sent me from his PC I would post them but his 0.1% lows where significantly higher around 60-90fps

3 minutes ago, Iazer said:

yea I know by @KyoukiDotExe has a i7 2600k @5GHz and gets much better fps than me, if I had the benchmarks he sent me from his PC I would post them but his 0.1% lows where significantly higher around 60-90fps

Kyouki's bench run:

Average framerate  :  144.8 FPS
Minimum framerate  :  142.6 FPS
Maximum framerate  :  145.3 FPS
1% low framerate   :  125.4 FPS
0.1% low framerate :   94.8 FPS

46 minutes ago, RavenPurpleGirl said:

I know this is probably a bit off topic but since I haven't seen anything about possibly adding a setting to change the resolution of the game without changing it? I don't know if this is the right name for it but it's like "quality resolution" or something? 

Resolution scale?

1 minute ago, TheMessiah said:

seems fair.. 

We just wanted to help players in their favorite game.

?_? I am confused ?_? What isn't allowed? Like is the no fog allowed? Is the localization allowed? I'll guess I shall see what happens if I log in?

"Since the advertisement for this and other launchers makes them seem like the Advanced Launcher that we approved, I’m going to assume some of our players didn’t know the difference"

Come on. almost all of them already had EU/US accounts so they knew about it. And even if they didn't  it's pretty damn obvious it's not allowed.

Can't get rid of the trash in this game it seems.

Edited by Sayori
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Iazer said:

lol? this should be wayyy worse than yours.

it's an i7 - but that should not matter in the slightest since single core matters here - and you both have a 5ghz oc and his is 5 years/gens older.

unless it's for his config he must've gotten super lucky with the lows too during his bench - or it was way too short

Edited by neophobia

in short ... you need to somehow double-check all players with an anti-cheat

Can L.O. clearify what modifications are we allowed to use? For example no muzzle flash or no bullet holes, these modifications does not give any advantage at all.

why people keep doing dumb sht

just sit down and play the game 

its not hard

now u know why u got banned

Edited by Hintaro
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, anthen said:

Can L.O. clearify what modifications are we allowed to use? For example no muzzle flash or no bullet holes, these modifications does not give any advantage at all.

Im pretty sure Matt mentioned that removing muzzleflash is not okay. I can't find the post right now though.

2 minutes ago, your-username-is-not-suitable said:

This might be a silly question considering it's minor, and a decent portion of the community probably does this. But does modifying the directory files include renaming things such as the Vivox voice program and the themes folder to effectively disable those two things? If doing those things too are something that can result in a ban, it would be good to know. 

There are several programs that in no way affect the game but load the computer; if you turn them off, the FPS grows by 10-15

• Like 1

On 8/27/2019 at 11:26 AM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

We recently banned a large number of players for using external tools to modify their game directory files. 

I want to remind everyone that only the Advanced Launcher has been approved by Little Orbit. This program only makes changes to the config that any normal player can make by hand editing the config themselves.

Use of the Advanced Launcher has been temporarily approved until we can integrate these features directly into APB Reloaded, and then we will not allow it any more.

Players should only download the Advanced Launcher directly from us here:

https://media.gamersfirst.com/gamersmedia/apb/Advanced_APB_Launcher.zip

Here is an example of a launcher that is NOT allowed that actually got a number of players banned. 

E66686EB-33FE-4975-BC47-7431A54A2BEE.jpeg

This is NOT the Advanced Launcher we approved, because it goes far beyond editing the config. This replaces shaders and massively hacks the game.

Since the advertisement for this and other launchers makes them seem like the Advanced Launcher that we approved, I’m going to assume some of our players didn’t know the difference, and I am going to unban these players since they were not given any warnings. They have already been banned for more than a week. That’s punishment enough.

However, I am not disabling the EAC auto ban for these types of programs, and there wont be a second chance again.

Please pass the word to your friends to uninstall these other launchers and to reinstall APB. 

We will continue to ban for this level of changes to your game files. Do not put your account at risk.

Thanks,

Matt

Looks pathetic when you ban people for using a launcher which not provides wh/aim/norec/trigger/radar or anything else but you are not able to ban even a pixel triggerbot hehe.

I like the person who disliked my comment lol. Kid thats the truth and if you dont like it then plz stop gaming. If you cant use what is provided to you by the devs (were lucky there allowing an outside program like the adv launcher as anybody else wouldn't allow it) then you got no reason to play.

• Like 1

So what I get from this is that ONLY the Adv.Launcher is an allowed game changer, and ANY thing else is a bannable offense. So I dont understand why people are having a hard time understanding. No fog remover, no muzzle flash remover, ect... unless its from the Adv.launcher its a BANNABLE OFFENCE.

Edited by Chabbo

2 hours ago, anthen said:

If it's in the Advanced Launcher you can use it.

If it's not, you are running the risk of being banned.

Not difficult.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pinkl123 said:

We just wanted to help many players with weak computer playing their favorite game.

I am so tired of always the same ongoing hypocritical excuse!
There exists videoclip at twitch.tv of a player who used your program - he was live banned yesterday because of your 'APB Manager' and after that he played with normal graphics and he had still always around 120-145 fps !

I am pretty sure that counts for guaranteed 90% of the people who are using external programs or manual config edits just to gain even more OP advantages  - their rig is already good but most want get to like a 'god mostkills alwayswinner player' wich is even more annoying as any real cheater nowadays! go to twitch.tv and you see every day 9 of 10 playing on such ultralow graphics configs - and every second streamer even with no muzzle flash (wich is not even part of the Advanced APB launcher and gives an absolutely advantage especially when you are using smgs!) - it's getting worse and it seems every day more people getting attracted by it - it's embarrassing!

On 8/27/2019 at 10:26 AM, MattScott said:

Use of the Advanced Launcher has been temporarily approved until we can integrate these features directly into APB Reloaded, and then we will not allow it any more.

I really really hope you gotta be fast with that because their users - who know exactly about its advantages - are actually the main reason why players avoid the silver districts - no wonder they flee into bronze -  and all cry about the DTs in here - I can't read it anymore!
Thanks

• Like 2