Player1

Are grenades to powerfull in this game ?

Grenades   

76 members have voted

1. 1. Grenades to strong ?

• Yes they are
    • totally not

It's a hard thing to adjust with how APB is. Any nerf to grenades will likely affect the balance of attack/defence more than anything. Defence will get a nice boost. 

I would love to say lets add a slight cooldown on to it as a blanket fix that sort of keeps grenades in line without really nerfing them but even that seems like a lot. I do agree yolos need a slight tuning though in either a damage nerf to make it so you can't get two shot by them or reduce the radius.

• Like 2

They most definitely are. People complain about low yields but frags are no better. They both have way too big damage radius. I don't mind dying to a good conc but every other explosive in the game is just annoying.

There's a reason nobody uses bricks and 8balls, even if they're objectively good "weapons", they're useless compared to nades.

On 8/24/2019 at 5:41 PM, neophobia said:

percs shouldnt have (as high) stamina damage to allow the very skilled pig + perc combos

low yields are practically a straight upgrade to frags rn. reducing the blast radius might be a good idea there.

if it wasnt for flak jacket having that giant downside that only low yields "balance" out while ca1-3 basically has none... they could also just reduce count to 2. kinda dumb reasoning but... stuff is a bit more interconnected xd

concs as a car counter and frag as the standard ones is kinda cool though. i'm not exactly sure what concs downside was - but i think they are pretty balanced. but - if i could propose a change there, lower the health damage, increase hard damage - make them really antivehicular. would deal with the annoying tank meta - whatever you say, hopping in a pioneer and driving off does not require skill xd nor does having a pretty indestructible radar tower/bait standing around. since this would fuck other cars more, rather nerf the tanks though. (and buff the low end!)

i feel like oneshotting small/sports car with a conc is pretty balanced/reasonable though.

you realize every grenade has more than 10% stamina damage right? You'd have to nerf percs "specifically" to sub 10% just to prevent the combo. But it's not really an issue either.

Reducing number of lowyields would be better imo, but would prefer that they reduce damage so 2 can't kill someone with em.

Concs have a very small effective radius, and are i believe feel slower than most other grenades aside from maybe percs. They could use a higher hard damage imo, as a lot of cars got buffed and it no longer 1 hits a lot of vehicles like it used to.

1 hour ago, Uke said:

They most definitely are. People complain about low yields but frags are no better. They both have way too big damage radius. I don't mind dying to a good conc but every other explosive in the game is just annoying.

There's a reason nobody uses bricks and 8balls, even if they're objectively good "weapons", they're useless compared to nades.

to be fair, direct hits on someone at 16-60m is REALLY hard to do unless they are standing still. Tha'ts why they aren't used, and thats excluding their drop mechanic which is both good and bad. (You can get kills behind cover with them when it curves, but you have to aim reaaally high at times to think of hitting someone.

On 8/25/2019 at 2:12 AM, crusade said:

As other people have mentioned, I think grenades are fine except for low-yields.

The ONLY downside to low-yields is the 175 less soft damage and 132.3 less hard damage compared to regular frags. Which is made up for by having 50% more grenades. On top of that, they are locked from newer players. I remember discussing this same stuff about low-yields YEARS ago. Everyone with more than -37 brain cells were aware low-yields were stupid, but obviously they were never changed. 

pretty much. A lot of people came to that conclusion, and it pops up every year just about.

I do feel concs could deal more hard damage though, they did buff a lot of lower end cars so they don't get 1 hit a while back like they used to with the Alig buff. I would not mind upping the conc "a little bit" to compensate for the buff.