Salvick

BattleEye Patch: Let's let the witch-hunt begin! ...no, not really, please don't.

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Yes. 

You can stop using the forums while you wait for your salt levels to decrease. 

Or you can stay, and try and have a little fun maybe?

edit: Damnit VSB! Is this revenge for telling that guy about the unbans?

what do you mean i am just trying to be very helpful and i definitely do not hold a grudge

What in the...

At this point i just gona say this is bait.

Honestly? Fine, lets say that we forgive all these years they been craping on us, even when they are enjoying themselves these last days that they know they wont get touched because there is no anticheat... but if they keep going wont be an excuse anymore. If the game does not change this month for better, there is no saving it... and will be your fault for acepting these human trash knowing that they wont change because they didnt after all these years.

EDIT: there is a name (wont name and shame, and a modification of it) that been going for all these years, and is enjoying right now being a blatant one. I hope at least ff is gathering some useful data from these players... because its unbelievable just say "acept these people that do not care about the game or a fair game and would be craping on you for more years if they could".

Edited by LuzExtinguido

Sorry but no. THEY are part of the reason why this game has struggled for so long. They don't deserve forgiveness or a fresh start. Especially since they all have had MULTIPLE fresh starts with every reroll account after being caught cheating. I'm not gonna be starting shit over /d or /w, but rest assured I'll be grinning ear to ear behind my screen. Screw them, I'm going to laugh at every lowlife cheater that can't do anything without their programs. I can't wait to fight against human opposition again.

This is what BE looks live in action

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

-snip-

Thanks man.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

-Snip-

Or I can continue using the forums and no longer have to see his useless posts. 

Edited by TheAceNinja

14 minutes ago, Kino said:

Sorry but no. THEY are part of the reason why this game has struggled for so long. They don't deserve forgiveness or a fresh start. Especially since they all have had MULTIPLE fresh starts with every reroll account after being caught cheating. I'm not gonna be starting shit over /d or /w, but rest assured I'll be grinning ear to ear behind my screen. Screw them, I'm going to laugh at every lowlife cheater that can't do anything without their programs. I can't wait to fight against human opposition again.

Pretty much this is what I'm saying, I'm not telling anyone should change their mind and forgive and forget, but I'm saying that we should take this chance looking forward and never look back, if we start sh*t on chat and everywhere else we'll be sticking to bad habits that were wrongly handled by the game management in the first place, my deepest concern always has been the toxicity and bullying, I had been through more harmful argues with other players than the amount of times the cheaters thingy worried me, so I know that if this new management is willing to do everything the old management didn't or gave up trying, then we as a community also should see if we follow their guidelines and support them to see where this goes, since it seems promising and we know how the community caused a lot of damage in many aspects, not only cheating. Cheating indeed was a consequence than a cause imo.

12 minutes ago, Ohshii said:

This is what BE looks live in action

As a cat lover person this was heart-breaking!  😧   Hope that cat managed to tear apart this stalker.  ^_^

Just now, TheAceNinja said:

Thanks man.

Please, don't encourage him.

Guys, stop hijacking this thread pls, god.

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Please, don't encourage him.

Oh, I mean.

No thanks man.

5 minutes ago, TheAceNinja said:

Oh, I mean.

No thanks man.

You seem awfully bothered by someone who doesn't care. I was just stating I'm innocent. 😉

Wow... so much hippy love in here!

You should make a campaign thread with the "Welcome back cheaters! Free items here!"

offering them some nice items to sell, the poor babies can't even afford to spawn their car now.

Have a heart... donate to the FF victims today, so that they can use their cars tomorrow, instead of speed hack.

CALL NOW: 0000-Gibs-me-dat-nano!! And you too can be one of the first victims when cheats program gets its 1st update!

Together for a better APB future!!

I should sit down n play APBR or i might fall off my chair seeing all those idiots who will be missing 9 out of 10 shots with RPF / CSG and snipers ! Wooot wooo t!

9 hours ago, Salvick said:

So, we are having great news today with the announcement of BattleEye patch deployment and personally I can't wait to see the outcome of this, its going to be a huge bump on population but what actually concerns me is the bump of toxicity or drama that this could also raise up now. ---Snip---

IMHO, the toxicity was caused by a few factors... 1. no clientside anticheat. 2. Very poor FF mgmt. 3. Ban announcements and twitter feed sent to a private website for horrible abuses of those banned. And last but most importantly, the toxicity was a long term outgrowth of the gaming mismanagement and abuses it fostered, and the poor quality anticheat which didn't even seem to ban except months later creating endemic problems.

If LO stiicks to their game plan, hires a few in-game GMs, manages BE with intelligence and fairness... I don't think the factors causing the toxicity will be so bad.  Basically the whole APB playerbase was depressed and in a bit of rage over the negligence and abandonment of the game.  This is no longer the case and there's a lot of reason for optimism.

• Like 2

I actually can't believe they're unbanning people that have obviously been cheating. I mean it's happening apparently, but i highly doubt this is anywhere close to a good decision. They've had their chance and they fucked up. There's literally no point in giving them a "second chance" as most of them have rerolled in the meantime anyway. You'll probably see a lot of all those "high-skilled" players aim like shit once they're logging back into their old Accounts now. From that point on, give them 3, maybe 4 Months and they'll all of a sudden aim like young gods again for some mysterious reason :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LuzExtinguido said:

What in the...

At this point i just gona say this is bait.

Honestly? Fine, lets say that we forgive all these years they been craping on us, even when they are enjoying themselves these last days that they know they wont get touched because there is no anticheat... but if they keep going wont be an excuse anymore. If the game does not change this month for better, there is no saving it... and will be your fault for acepting these human trash knowing that they wont change because they didnt after all these years.

EDIT: there is a name (wont name and shame, and a modification of it) that been going for all these years, and is enjoying right now being a blatant one. I hope at least ff is gathering some useful data from these players... because its unbelievable just say "acept these people that do not care about the game or a fair game and would be craping on you for more years if they could".

Well, even if you are unforgiving, cheaters wouldn't care would they? Online, you can't do anything, but harass in some form. That wouldn't be OK either. At this point, where damage is massive, there are made compromises with the most promising results to further the healing of the game. I understand the frustration, but at this point everything is taken care of itself.

I say - do not worry or fuss about it. Let it happen and enjoy the new experience. The thread is nice and takes good effort, but I wouldn't worry about it. If the reach was to reason with the toxic people in the community, they would just disregard the post.

I like it, though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kino said:

Just because someone was banned doesn't mean they cheated, Little Orbit said that themselves. The best thing to do is clearly to give everyone fresh start and assume they werent cheating unless you have new ''evidence'' (and that comes from someone who absolutely despises any form of cheating).

This is not gonna work if community doesn't have faith in developers.

Don't try to be Captain Justice name shaming or griefieng someone who you think is cheating, you're only making things worse.

Keep quiet, send report and let them handle it.

(This isn't direclty meant for you Kino)

• Like 1

good speech, unfortunately reality will be like:

hacker kiddies keep hacking.

hacker kiddies get banned.

hacker kiddies get mad.

hacker kiddies flood the forum about broken BE.

hacker kiddies flood support about broken BE.

hacker kiddies madness makes them DDos the servers.

But we will also see some of the fishy closet people be gone trying to not trigger their hacls until sopemoen might consider them save. So sty strong today when their madness unlaods and enjoy the mostlikely more cheatfree environment than usual.

Dammit, I need a new mouse the old one starts failing with the mosuewheel and other stuff,  nothing serious in the other games I usually play but in APB thats too vital.

Edited by LilyV3
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, moneychixx said:

too hard for your tiny bean head. x')

M4p6r34.gif

So, the thread is intended to bring our thoughts about what are we gonna do from here regarding our attitudes towards the other players but particularly with the ones returning after the massive unbans, cheaters and non cheatrs.

All the comments made here are appreciated, that is this about, but wouldn't say this is a thread to discuss if we like cheaters or not, or if we like them returning or not. That have been already well addressed the past days since the announcement, and I don't think someone needs to wonder if there are people who agree with cheating or that appreciate cheaters coming back, although the second chance topic might be something for another thread too because that's way more complex to analyze I think.

Also, I've been a cheater myself, I like to call it a rehab-cheater, back in 2003/2005 I always like to tell this story, there's a thread in the old forums where I told this to everyone if someone is curious, and that explains a lot of things for these who wants to know how the mind of a cheater works from my point of view.

That's also why I like, seriously, I really love to tell a player that he cheats when I have suspicions, in that story I like to tell I point out the fact that you can last years hiding it if you are good at it, even from good players and admins, so that's why I like to tell someone that I think is cheater when I think he might be, (or might not) because is not only about they gameplay, it is about to see their reactions, to see what they reply, there's where you can find a consistent behavior on almost every cheater answers, their cheap excuses, mean replies and repetitive monotonous speech are always the same, and it is fun to see if someone I suspect replies like that or if he is someone reasonable who can just say something nice like "hey, why do you think I cheat? I'd like to debate to find out what I did and what you saw". Even I, as an average/casual player, got hackusated, and talking with the hackusators and hackusated I made some friendship a few times.

I like the fact that someone also pointed out here what is this discussion about, this issue is being taking care of, we must look forward to see the outcome of the new management decision, follow their leadership and do our best to accomplish our goal of having a better game to enjoy, and the old management should be the only ones to blame since they took a lot of protective decisions to hide the trail of the mess that was going on, stressing the community and making the vast majority feel so uncomfortable and upset that almost everyone jumped in the train of massive destruction of APB either by cheating, hackusating or talking trash about the company and fighting each other between players.

Said this, if someone have a personal problem with me, could simply send me a message here or ingame so we sort it out if its needed, unless you are more interested on keep on with some drama and convince yourself that being mean and attempting to humiliate me or anyone else makes you look better than a silly hackusation.

I for sure get very upset at having cheaters returning to access their stuff, only thing I had to feel better than them was the fact that I'm able to keep all my characters and items safe as long as I play the game (only account since my reg date guys) and now, that wouldn't be a good pretext anymore, lol.

However, I rather have the misery of getting beat by a cheater than the misery of needing to cheat to enjoy an online game, in my eyes, cheaters belong to single player games and are not made for online gaming at all.

At last but not least, a brief disclaimer, I don't have any friends that I could tell have been banned and I want them to return, indeed the people who knows me ingame should know that I don't have any ties with other players at all more than playing with a few here and there and those also knows that I'm not a very attached person and I end up ghosting a lot or simply playing alone a lot sometimes. I do know of people who was either too dumb to fall into cheating and got banned, who I blame for that but feel guilty of not being able to prevent them from doing it if I'd know, and I know of people who got banned for other reasons than cheating so I'm no one to judge, still, I insist that I don't have any personal interest on anyone in particular to return.

Regards everyone, nice talking over here all of you.

Edited by Salvick
Link added.

I'm all out of reactions again... what's with that >.> I wish I had more to give.

Great speechs Salvick. I hope that the toxicity of the game at least subsides if not permanently, but temporarily while the returning players prove everyone who doubted them wrong.

I've never been banned, and have myself been toxic with players who I suspected of cheating. Whether or not those players were banned doesn't matter. The community should be welcoming a return to higher populations. The new anticheat is doing it's best to prevent any players who want to ruin the fun.

Can't wait to see old faces again.

• Thanks 1